Grades v. Lakers 04/07

What would it take to make you a Lakers fan?

• The Kings leave Sacramento

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Vlade becomes their new head coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1 million dollars

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • $1 billion dollars

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Get to sit next to Jack for life

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Get to live at the Playboy Mansion for life

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • If you don't, forced to eat nothing but brussel sprouts and anchioves for life

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • A free pair of silicon implants

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Hell freezes over

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some things you simply cannot put a price tag on... There isn't enough money in the world. It reminds me of a line from a movie that goes something like, "It's not a matter of whether you'll sell your soul or not. We've already established that you will. Now we're just haggling over price."

Well, I'm not selling my soul.

:)
Hey VF, do you remember which movie this was from?

id get that billion dollars.....

then.....

Move myself into GM of the kings

1. Sign Lebron james
2. Sign Dwayne wade
3. Sign CHris Bosh
4. Get a new arena for the kings
5.then buy the lakers and have kobe benched and have 1ppg seasons.....
6. sign jack nicholson and get him to start over kobe... cause kobe "cant HANDLE THE TRUTH" come finals

OR
buy out all the lakers home tickets and fill it with all the guys from Colorado

Last edited:
An excellent theme as well. I would say the two keys are -- coach and franchise player. Neither of which are easy to get. oh and savvy and shrewd gm'ing.

Our franchise could do with a few do-overs.

There are some things you simply cannot put a price tag on... There isn't enough money in the world. It reminds me of a line from a movie that goes something like, "It's not a matter of whether you'll sell your soul or not. We've already established that you will. Now we're just haggling over price."

Well, I'm not selling my soul.

:)
Pirates 2.

Davy Jones: One soul is not equal to another!

Jack Sparrow: Aha. We've established my proposal as sound in principle, and now we're just haggling over price.

Jones: Price?

Sparrow: How many souls do you think my soul is worth?

i went with hell freezes over, although i considered that billion dollars for awhile.

ultimately...you know if you took the billion dollars...you'd only ever be PRETENDING to be a lakers fan. and that shouldn't count.

Brick, great theme, I think this was one of your all time best.

My opionion on your otf repeated question about Kevin Martin (would we need to trade him a la Baron and TMac) is "no." He's not a player who needs to dominate the ball to be effective or who demands to be the alpha dog. He actually plays more efficiently in a secondary role. The only reason we might need to trade him would be if our star player and current role players brought enough offense, but lacked D we might be better off with a Dough Christie/Bruce Bowen type at the 2 instead of living with K-Mart's current defensive bleed. Especially, if we could bring in the stopper/spot shooter on the cheap and use KMart and another player to seriously upgrade at a different position.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Pirates 2.

Davy Jones: One soul is not equal to another!

Jack Sparrow: Aha. We've established my proposal as sound in principle, and now we're just haggling over price.

Jones: Price?

Sparrow: How many souls do you think my soul is worth?
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.