• is quite possibly the greatest Slovenian athlete since Leon Å tukelj

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Bricklayer -

I respect you as a dedicated kings fan and knowledgeable about about basketball in general -

As VF has mentioned in the past, polls can be used to influence ones opinion. I dont think Beno is the longterm answer to anything, I dont think hes "hot" but I dont think he needs to away super soon either.

I dont think he truly fits to any of your poll options.

He is an "average" point guard for his salary and I think eventually he should be moved to get better bang for the buck, especially when considering this is a team that is "building" (a long time coming to continually use the word "rebuilding") and needs to save its salary cap for something truly special.

He's the best we have at this point in terms of PGs.

Yes, eventually he will be traded but we shouldn't get rid of him right now simply for the sake of getting rid of him. We saw how good that worked with the C-Webb for movable pieces debacle.

The salary cap argument is a moot point right now, considering how much money the K-Mart deal plus K9's deal finally dying nets us. It's kind of like a buff dude taking roids to get even more muscular. Let's let the summer play out first.

True doping legend! Please, put her out from this list!

And, yes Slovenia is a beautiful country! Beno is doing great job also as a ambasador of our country!
Off topic (no more, I promise).

While it is true that Jolanda has been caught using drugs and banned from track and field for two years there has been much controversy in the testing procedures and she is denying taking the drugs.

But her immoral actions can not take away the world record she is holding. And she was clean at the time.

In my opinion, having the world record in the competitive sport discipline such as track and fields warrants the legend status in a country "the size of greater Sacramento area".

Enough of that. Go KINGS!

i dont like Couch WP idea of earning you minutes
he just destroyer the team
why the hell do you have to see players trying to do something they dont know how to just to play and then they dont play because of that
and they dont know at the start of the game if they will play and how much and is a lot of pressure

why the hell do you have to see players trying to do something they dont know how to just to play and then they dont play because of that
and they dont know at the start of the game if they will play and how much and is a lot of pressure
because just handing out minutes cause you are part of the future is also a team destroyer

your part of the future? PROVE IT.. earn your minutes in practice... i dont want a team who just fields the young guys cause its a lost season i still want to see good basketball.

WOW this is PROFESSIONAL SPORTS, not T-BALL! Pro Athletes are expected to earn minutes, and when they do they are expected to play minutes when they are asked to play and succeed while playing them, Then sit on the bench when the Coach tells him to, and go back out and play again if necessary! They are paid to deal with the pressure of playing intermittently. So the person above complaining, I am sure the player you refer to is more than happy to get the playing time whatever time they can get. Be happy your player plays, not complaining that your player doesn't get enough !!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
because just handing out minutes cause you are part of the future is also a team destroyer

your part of the future? PROVE IT.. earn your minutes in practice... i dont want a team who just fields the young guys cause its a lost season i still want to see good basketball.

Got to play the kids or they will never be anything but kids. The game is learned on the court.

Our season is already done. ALL that is important is that we prepare the ground for a better one next year. Some of that is establishing a competitive culture. But much of it is also developing our young players as fast as possible. They are the franchise.

Last edited:
Got to play the kids or they will never be anything but kids. The game is learned on the court.

Our season is already done. ALL that is important is that we prepare the ground for a better one next year. Some of that is establishing a competitive culture. But much of it is also developing our young players as fast as possible. They are the franchise.
And when they play so they can learn on the court they get grades and when the grades keep dropping they sometimes have to give up learning on the court until it is more convenient for team development. Our young guys have been very fortunate and have played lots of minutes. Fortunately they are not mysteries to the coaches anymore. So they have to earn their minutes. Especially at the small forward position this year.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
they sometimes have to give up learning on the court until it is more convenient for team development.
Kindly explain when exactly is more convenient for team development than the final month of a season when you are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. There is none. This is it.

Fans are terminally shortsighted. I would rather the coach not follow suit.

This win was depressing. I would rather lose to the Clippers with Omri and Donte getting more minutes than win with Beno and Noc in starring roles. I do think Westphal is taking the right approach with Spencer and Jason though. Having a theme was appropriate with this win. Also since I'm in a cantankerous mood, Brick when you do the grades could you also focus on the player's defensive play as well their offensive play?

I don't watch the games so I just go by the Grades thread and if the team is rolling :rolleyes: then I read the Game thread too. Salmons was on the team all that time and I had no idea he was considered a good defender. I only thought he was a skilled but sometimes selfish scorer. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Beno is not the long term answer next to Tyreke. He's athletically challenged. He looks great against those with mediocre quickness like himself (or just tanking it like Baron Davis), and not great against many who overwhelm him with athletic ability. He is particularly bad at getting loose balls, which again is because he's not all that quick. He's a good backup.

Beno is not the long term answer next to Tyreke. He's athletically challenged. He looks great against those with mediocre quickness like himself (or just tanking it like Baron Davis), and not great against many who overwhelm him with athletic ability. He is particularly bad at getting loose balls, which again is because he's not all that quick. He's a good backup.
Were Damon Jones, John Paxson, Steve Kerr, or Derek Fischer great athletes?

Predjama Castle -- fun castle built right into a giant cavern in the mountainside. Bricklayer the strategist highly approves of the defensive placement (but must note that the big windows above the gate are an unnecessary vulnerability. Ever hear of arrow slits?).
But aren't those the windows you dump the hot oil out of?

Kindly explain when exactly is more convenient for team development than the final month of a season when you are already mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. There is none. This is it.

Fans are terminally shortsighted. I would rather the coach not follow suit.
I think our season - the Kings season - has been reversed this year in the aspect we are talking about. We had to play lots of young guys we either knew nothing about or little about or we knew we needed to develop. We did that in the first three quarters of this season. In my book I would now (the last quarter of the season) try playing guys differently for success and for guys finding the niche and being successful, something we can carry forward til next year. We have been playing young guys all season and we know them, now is time to pick and choose and try to win with.

The guys have had their chance, now play the ones we need to to be successful and if that includes playing Nocioni, etc then do it. In my book we've ended tryouts.

I think he deserves at least a first round playoff run next to Reke. I agree he should be a backup to a great pg barring a nice trade as part of our long-term plans.
But raw athleticism isn't everything, especially for a pg. The fact that he looks great against his athletic equals is a good sign. If you put enough weight in the shooting % /decision-making departments, you can still tilt the scales in your favor. The good news is there aren't many Chris Paul's out there :)

This win was depressing. I would rather lose to the Clippers with Omri and Donte getting more minutes than win with Beno and Noc in starring roles. I do think Westphal is taking the right approach with Spencer and Jason though. Having a theme was appropriate with this win. Also since I'm in a cantankerous mood, Brick when you do the grades could you also focus on the player's defensive play as well their offensive play?

I don't watch the games so I just go by the Grades thread and if the team is rolling :rolleyes: then I read the Game thread too. Salmons was on the team all that time and I had no idea he was considered a good defender. I only thought he was a skilled but sometimes selfish scorer. Thanks.
We've done that already, so I am happy with what Westphal is doing. The young guys have had plenty of work this season and are no mystery anymore. It's quite possible that the coaches have figured by now how they want to use these new guys. These new youngs have been blessed with much, much more playing time the usual player of their vintage.

Status
Not open for further replies.