Grades/post-game discussion v. Pelicans - 12/8

While I agree with you that I will be a Kings fan no matter what, it doesn't rub me the wrong way that Bricky decided to follow Cousins instead of the Kings. I don't understand it, but it doesn't offend me. Whatever makes someone happy is fine with me. You have to go to your own drummer as they say.
IMO he's free to do what he wants, but it shows me where his alliance was the past few years. If one's interest is clearly a player rather than the Kings, don't pretend to be the only knowledgeable kings fan and berate any who disagree with you.

It will work against a lot of teams. Sure? Most of those teams are not playoff caliber either. I think your overestimating the Kings talent base. Just a little.
Randolph for all intents and purposes is here for 1 year. Kings would have 2 wins if it wasn't for Randolph's offensive production. Kings have some quality wins. But, to say the Kings small ball can match up against the Houston and A Healthy Dubs team on most nights is a farce.
What you wrote is currently true. But to say the young Kings Players "talent base" will remain static is a farce as well. The young Kings have only begun to scratch the surface on their talent base.

Is brick in someway related to boogie?

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showthread.php?88525-Kings-at-Pelicans-in-the-blender-12-8-17/page6

Post numbers 131 and 132 are pretty damn hilarious. ".......Z-bo flashing back 5 years surrounded by an impotent set of young kids......". Our kids are far from impotent. Sorry.
Then the name calling of people who don't agree with him. Sorry but I'm not gonna shed a tear over him bailing because his favorite player was traded away. I don't miss that AT ALL.
Those posts are almost unrecognizable. That can’t be the brick I’ve read posts from over the years

Yikes

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I know I should be better than that but I'm not and I will gladly admit it.
I love perusing opposing teams forums, especially when we win. The pelicans just happen to have one of our ex posters and well it was pretty interesting to read. If posting a link here makes me a gossip queen, so be it.
Proud to say I've been banned from some of the worst forums in the league such as lakers ground and the NFL Seahawks net...
I have found that there's usually something unpleasant lurking in the hearts of people who 'take pride' in being banned from a message board and/or blocked on social media.

Gentry got the message, the Kings compete for 48 minutes. You can see the frustration in his voice because his team with all-stars were outplayed by the Kings. Then Gentry takes notice of the Kings games against Clev and GS. This is maybe the best evidence of the Kings improvement and higher level of confidence is that they are no longer taken lightly by opposing coaches.

The level of effort is definitely up. The Kings are starting to play like a team that likes each other. There are no dissenting voices or whining at the refs. I hope people can see that the Kings are using the D League, G League to help their players get some confidence. Coach J is good at working with the young guys because they are improving rapidly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I know I should be better than that but I'm not and I will gladly admit it.
I love perusing opposing teams forums, especially when we win. The pelicans just happen to have one of our ex posters and well it was pretty interesting to read. If posting a link here makes me a gossip queen, so be it.
Proud to say I've been banned from some of the worst forums in the league such as lakers ground and the NFL Seahawks net. Some of the most foul obnoxious fans in sports. Gotta stand up for my kings and niners.
Oh please. Any Kings fan worth their salt from back in the day has been banned at Lakersground. :p

I was banned before I even made a post because I signed up at the same time as Kingsgurl.

It will work against a lot of teams. Sure? Most of those teams are not playoff caliber either. I think your overestimating the Kings talent base. Just a little.
Randolph for all intents and purposes is here for 1 year. Kings would have 2 wins if it wasn't for Randolph's offensive production. Kings have some quality wins. But, to say the Kings small ball can match up against the Houston and A Healthy Dubs team on most nights is a farce.
I said if small ball can work against NO with the twin towers it can work on a lot of teams. I never mentioned Houston or GS and it is not a farce.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
IMO he's free to do what he wants, but it shows me where his alliance was the past few years. If one's interest is clearly a player rather than the Kings, don't pretend to be the only knowledgeable kings fan and berate any who disagree with you.
No. This just needs to stop. Want to talk about a post he made on another board when we've just played the team the board is about? Fine. Want to use the opportunity to take potshots at him - or any other poster who is no longer here? NOT GONNA FLY!

Enough is enough.

I have found that there's usually something unpleasant lurking in the hearts of people who 'take pride' in being banned from a message board and/or blocked on social media.
Something unpleasant lurking in the hearts.....
That's pretty funny.
Ooooh, I like to go back in forth with unpleasant fans who trash my favorite teams. Criminal...... hahahahaha

No. This just needs to stop. Want to talk about a post he made on another board when we've just played the team the board is about? Fine. Want to use the opportunity to take potshots at him - or any other poster who is no longer here? NOT GONNA FLY!

Enough is enough.
Oh please, what I've said is far less offensive than the attitude he used to carry around here, or the potshots some here take towards writers, media people etc with regards to their attitude towards the Kings. I don't see how it's any different. Numerous posters left the board because it just became a Cousins love fest, so I'm going to take every opportunity to stand for those to whom the Kings have always been more important to than one single player.

In looking at the aforementioned postings on the Pels board it's nice to see Bricks condescension was and is not limited to Kings fans... Count me as a long time fan and poster who tired of his act is looking forward to the next chapter..

While I loved to watch Cousins play when he was in a Kings uniform seeing him in a Pels jersey makes some things apparent. I had become conditioned to accepting all the complaining he does on the court. He also attempts to intimidate some other players. After watching this last game with the Pels I realize I don't miss that. I do enjoy watching a physical game of basketball especially on the defensive end. But the complaining and overtly negative emotional behavior I don't miss. When Mason hit the 3 late you could see the Big Fella sag. When Cousins started raging at Hield ZBO stepped in. We all know Cousins wants to crush the Kings when he plays them. It did not happen this time:)

So then when I think about Big Cuz it is easy to take the leap to wonder what Brick is up to. Brick was/is fiercely loyal to the Big Fella and one of his most staunch defenders. Loyalty is an admirable trait and it is displayed in different ways by different people. My point is that to each her/his own:)

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Something unpleasant lurking in the hearts.....
That's pretty funny.
Ooooh, I like to go back in forth with unpleasant fans who trash my favorite teams. Criminal...... hahahahaha
I didn't say anything about 'criminal,' but I'm intrigued that you would make that leap... As far as liking to go 'back and forth with unpleasant fans who trash my favorite teams,' I'm more interested in getting to understand why that's your idea of fun?

Larry89

Disgruntled Kings Fan
What is happening to this place? We come here to talk about our team and player development and the game with familiar faces.. not to have some ego bashing competition... Anyways

The Kings can and will compete in every game this year regardless of their talent level because they now PLAY HARD and with effort. Joeger has done a great job coaching up some players low confidence levels and found some patterns and lineups that work. Now if he could only coach up George Hill a bit..

Buddy has become quite a decent defender and hustles hard ever since he got moved to the bench, he is also playing with more confidence. Nice to see Papa G have a bit of an impact.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
You know, I have no idea. I know what I would do, but who knows what they'll do. First, I wouldn't have traded for DeMarcus in the first place. Not that I dislike Cuz, or anything like that, but because of the situation with Cuz only having one year left on his contract, and the cost of resigning him. Cuz is extremely talented, and some team is going to bid on him which means he'll likely get the max. If I were the Pel's, I would try and cover my losses by trading him at, or before the trade deadline, which frankly I think will be a difficult task at this point. But if there's a team out there that wants him, and won't have the capspace to get him in the offseason, then you might find a trading partner.

I think the Pel's were enticed by the idea of having two superstars on the team, and didn't think much beyond that. The question should have been, do they compliment each other? What will the chemistry be like? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So the burning question at this point is, if we give it more time, will it work? Problem is, the price for finding out is pretty high. I honestly have no idea what they're going to do.
I think what they might do is explore both possibilities and see what they could get for Cousins and compare that to the talent they could accumulate with him. We'll see. I think they find out along your line of thinking that maybe the team is better off without him going forward.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Oh please, what I've said is far less offensive than the attitude he used to carry around here, or the potshots some here take towards writers, media people etc with regards to their attitude towards the Kings. I don't see how it's any different. Numerous posters left the board because it just became a Cousins love fest, so I'm going to take every opportunity to stand for those to whom the Kings have always been more important to than one single player.
Counterpoint: and @VF21 happens to be standing for those whom believe in the bolded part of your post, and still think that you and the others taking pot shots are out of pocket.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
You know, I have no idea. I know what I would do, but who knows what they'll do. First, I wouldn't have traded for DeMarcus in the first place. Not that I dislike Cuz, or anything like that, but because of the situation with Cuz only having one year left on his contract, and the cost of resigning him. Cuz is extremely talented, and some team is going to bid on him which means he'll likely get the max. If I were the Pel's, I would try and cover my losses by trading him at, or before the trade deadline, which frankly I think will be a difficult task at this point. But if there's a team out there that wants him, and won't have the capspace to get him in the offseason, then you might find a trading partner.
I can't see it. The only teams that might be willing to take a half-season rental on Cousins don't have anything that they'd be willing to give up that New Orleans would/should be willing to take back in a trade. Dude's going to be an unrestricted free agent in seven months; the only reason to give up assets for him now is if you think that you're a DeMarcus Cousins away from a championship in 2018. That narrows the pool of viable trade partners down to, like, three, and one of them has said they don't want him, and the other two don't have anything to give up.

I think the Pel's were enticed by the idea of having two superstars on the team, and didn't think much beyond that. The question should have been, do they compliment each other? What will the chemistry be like? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So the burning question at this point is, if we give it more time, will it work? Problem is, the price for finding out is pretty high. I honestly have no idea what they're going to do.
The chemistry between Davis and Cousins appears to be great. One of the biggest problems with New Orleans, aside from coaching, is that their role players don't fit: half their role players (specifically Nelson and Cunningham) play better with just Davis, half their role players (specifically Moore and Miller) play better with just Cousins, and their third-best player plays his best when he's out there by himself. The only two guys they have who play well with both Davis and Cousins on the court at the same time are Rondo and Allen, and neither of those guys are threats to score.

I have always believed that Cousins has all the talent in the world, but I would not want to play with him because he is still mentally weak.
He does not deserve the amount of attention he still receives here.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
And yet, the people who bring him up the most AREN'T those who supported him. Go figure.
Reminds me of when Kara Lawson's husband got a good shot in at the Ginger Gremlin on Twitter last season: it is funny how some of the people who talk the loudest about how much they want to move on from Cousins can't keep his name out they mouth, ain't it?

We just played the New Orleans Pelicans. The big question around here is was the trade worth it? Then we beat the Pels in NOLA. That is worth talking about.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I can't see it. The only teams that might be willing to take a half-season rental on Cousins don't have anything that they'd be willing to give up that New Orleans would/should be willing to take back in a trade. Dude's going to be an unrestricted free agent in seven months; the only reason to give up assets for him now is if you think that you're a DeMarcus Cousins away from a championship in 2018. That narrows the pool of viable trade partners down to, like, three, and one of them has said they don't want him, and the other two don't have anything to give up.

The chemistry between Davis and Cousins appears to be great. One of the biggest problems with New Orleans, aside from coaching, is that their role players don't fit: half their role players (specifically Nelson and Cunningham) play better with just Davis, half their role players (specifically Moore and Miller) play better with just Cousins, and their third-best player plays his best when he's out there by himself. The only two guys they have who play well with both Davis and Cousins on the court at the same time are Rondo and Allen, and neither of those guys are threats to score.
Well, as I said, it is going to be a difficult task to trade him at this point. I think the only reason a team might trade for him would be to acquire his Bird rights where they could offer him more than anyone else. But unless that team is a contender, and Cuz wants to play for them, it would be an extremely risking gamble. I doubt it happens. When I mentioned chemistry, I wasn't referring to just how a couple of players got along, or liked one another. I meant how they meshed talent wise on the court. I do agree however, that without a better supporting cast, it may not matter how well Davis and Cousins play together. Especially with a head coach that has his head up you know where.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I would suggest that it's more than just "a couple of players"; I don't think that there's anybody on the Pelicans that doesn't get along with him. There are, however, a fair amount of their role players whose games don't mesh with his, most notably Jameer Nelson, who is most effective as a pick-and-roll point guard, whereas the pick and roll continues to be a weakness in Cousins' game on both ends. The other vets (Rondo and Allen), whose games don't require them to feed off the energy of the stars, mesh with both guys just fine, but Allen is such a non-factor on offense, that you can't afford to play him when both those guys are out there, because he provides no spacing at all. They need to play Rondo, because he's the only guy who makes sure that the ball keeps moving, but you can't play Rondo and Allen, when you're led by two bigs.

Holiday continues to be a big problem for them, as well: I don't think that a team that's on the tier that the Pelicans are on can afford for their third-best player to be most productive when the two best players are on the bench, but that's where they are. I am interested to see what they look like when Hill is healthy, and whether he turns out to be anything close to what they need him to be (basically a poor man's Ariza).