going to my first game, any pointers?

i am actually gonna be able to go to my first ever live kings game!! ( actually, first live NBA game.) the game starts at 7. my seat is way in the back, but if i go early enough would i be able to go down to courtside and see the players? what are the chances of me getting my jersey signed?

Yes, you can go down courtside. Sometimes they sign stuff. You have to be in the front of the crowd for that to happen. They open the doors an hour (or is it an hour and a half?) before tip-off. Have fun!

Kingsgurl said:
Yes, you can go down courtside. Sometimes they sign stuff. You have to be in the front of the crowd for that to happen. They open the doors an hour (or is it an hour and a half?) before tip-off. Have fun!
cool! they don't do that in NJ!:(

maybe they make up for it with the "wait for the players to come up" section after the game. ;) i don't know if sac has that. i'm guessing they do, too. i think every arena has one. but that's just a guess.

Dont get there a little late... because they clear the courtside with about 20-25 mins before tipoff.. but the past 4 games i went to this season so far.. ive only seen francisco, kenny thomas and corliss practicing.. and ive only seen francisco sign something..

Enjoy yourself - win or lose !!!

Come early and don't be in a rush to leave when the game is over.

Whenever the King's are on defense ... YELL DEFENSE - no matter what the people around you are doing. I do this and IT'S A BLAST !!!

Get a gourmet dog - eat lotsa popcorn WITH A NICE BIG SODA - then get a haagen-daaz !!!

Come Early...Enjoy the Shoot around and bring a lot of money if you intend on buying anything in ARCO :) And most importantly yell and scream as loud as possible. Have Fun!

I have had a blast even in the nosebleed, standing up "seats". Food and drinks are expensive, but pretty good. I do love a hot dog. (I usually just eat before I go.) I always stay until the final horn. Sometimes I hang around after, but if I go to the parking lot right away I just listen to the post-game on KHTK in my truck while I watch other people idling in line to get out. (Which isn't really as bad as lots of other places I've been to.)

I am emotional...I yell, jump up and down, commiserate or high-five other Kings fans I don't even know. (Some sections seem to have more boring fans, hopefully you'll have a good group around you.) And absolutley you must shout DEFENSE whenever the other team has the ball. You CANNOT yell defense at the Kings too much. Even in a blow-out, they need to work on that defense.

Have fun and I hope they win for you (and the rest of us) :D

ah, the famous garlic fries.....i would love that except i am going to the game in tennesee. i saw a cow bell on ebay and i think i am going to get it. i am sure i'll be much hated, showing up in my peja jersey and a cow bell, (say the least very out-numbered) but this is my once-in-a-year chance and i am not about to let it pass again.
from what i've read here on the forum in the past it doesn't seem the starters really come out and warm up that early, but just being in their presence would be enough to keep me giggling for weeks.
thanks for all the pointers!

kennadog said:
Just out of curiousity...where the heck does one buy a cowbell?
Feed stores---western stores, would be your best bet. But I also saw them at party supplies stores, speical white and purple ones.

Last edited:
fakie said:
ah, the famous garlic fries.....i would love that except i am going to the game in tennesee. i saw a cow bell on ebay and i think i am going to get it. i am sure i'll be much hated, showing up in my peja jersey and a cow bell, (say the least very out-numbered) but this is my once-in-a-year chance and i am not about to let it pass again.
from what i've read here on the forum in the past it doesn't seem the starters really come out and warm up that early, but just being in their presence would be enough to keep me giggling for weeks.
thanks for all the pointers!
Hold on, you aren't going to ARCO then? Well, every Arena is different, so you need to ask people familiar with that particular venue. Other Arenas I've been to don't usually let you line up down by the court.

The starters, BTW, warm up earlier, before the doors open usually

kennadog said:
Just out of curiousity...where the heck does one buy a cowbell?
I have one ... got mine at a music store (Nicholson Music) in the PERCUSSION section.

Nicholson Music in Folsom has 'em, Northridge Music over by Sunrise Mall has 'em and so does Guitar Center near Arden Mall.

In the infamous words of Christopher Walken, "I gotta have more cowbell".

LOL at the cowbells. My question was more rhetorical. I've heard how loud those cowbells are from a distance. I already have some hearing loss, I think if I was the one banging the cowbell, I'd go deaf. I like seeing others bang away, at a bit of a distance. I think they should come with tickets behind the visitors bench. :p

Last edited: