George Karl, Mark Jackson or ??? (merged)

the kings made games interesting under malone. they'd always be fighting throughout the game. that has been sucked out of the team since he left. we'll see if mully can bring that same intensity in his tenure.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
the kings made games interesting under malone. they'd always be fighting throughout the game. that has been sucked out of the team since he left. we'll see if mully can bring that same intensity in his tenure.
We won't see if Mullin will bring anything until such time as he's actually named head coach.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
god bless Mike Malone, he saved us all

The only part of that statline that really surprises me is his assist numbers. Josh Smith has always been a very underrated passer and I figured with a more structured offense and better talent around him he'd at least help Houston with their ball movement.

But yeesh.

He signed with Houston because they promised him a starting spot. How long do the Rockets keep up their end of the deal if his numbers don't get significantly better?

i do, thank god we didn't trade for him. not sure what kinda analytics they used to justify trading for him. could be they used the eye test or watched the dunk contest years ago.
i think it was the "well last time we traded for a guy the league called overrated he played good here" approach.

they're morons. Rudy Gay working out here was a combination of blind luck and mostly DeMarcus Cousins

it was a no brainer w/ rudy bc look at who we gave up to get him.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of Rudy but I'll still take him over the guys they gave up for him. He is a talent upgrade.

Josh Smith no surprise that he's failing. Smith is a knucklehead and just a low IQ player. When he was with Atlanta he wasn't so set in playing like a knucklehead but as is often the case players like him get set in their ways and actually get worse with their bad habits longer they are in the league. You then combine that with declining athletic ability and what you end up with his a player that used to have potential and now just sucks.