Game console selection?

I'm going to buy a Xbox One or PS4 for Christmas. I could lie and say its for my kids but it's really for me. I'm completely out of the loop on the new gaming systems post Atari. So, if anyone has thoughts as to which system would be better I would appreciate any feedback!

TIA!

I personally own an Xbox One, and I like it. The interface is clustered like Windows 8 tablets, but you do get used to it after a while.

I also really enjoy the apps it provides. You can get all the streaming you want without having to own a Roku or an Apple Tv. I mainly use my xbox to watch netflix.

It really depends on which system you'd rather have. If you have other family members who own a certain system, it might be better to get the same one so that you can play with them online.

In terms of price, they're about the same. Both require you to purchase yearly passes in order to access multi-player online gaming. (DON'T BUY FROM GAMESTOP OR WALMART. You can find these for around $30 on Amazing, which are 50% off the regular price).

I think Xbox is better as an overall entertainment system, while PS4 is better with gameplay quality and etc.

(Keep in mind, Halo is only available for Xbox, and Uncharted is only available for PS4, if there's a certain game you want to play, check to see if the console has it.)

If none of all I said matters to you, I'd just pick the cheaper one of the two. They're about identical. It's like picking between the Microsoft Surface Pro and the iPad Pro. Both of them do about the same thing, and they're up there in terms of quality.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think Xbox has the better exclusives, except Rocket League, but PS4 seems to be getting better exclusive content for non-exclusive titles. It's a bit irritating. I think you can't go wrong with either, go with the one you like the controllers for. And if you already subscribe to one online service or the other.