[Game] Game 73: Kings @ Grizzlies, 3/30/15 - 5pdt, 8edt

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Instead of focusing on the "real" reason DMC isn't playing, I'm watching how the young Kings can do without him. Win or lose, the effort and hustle is important.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Random thoughts:

Did you know that the Chico City Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons, including a fine of $500 for anyone who actually detonates such a weapon within the city limits?

P

PoundForPound

This is when we all get to see how much garbage is on this team. When 1 main component of our handful of only legitimate NBA players are missing, we look like an AAU team.

P

PoundForPound

Memphis is a pathetic joke of a franchise. That city has a great basketball team and that arena is EMPTY. Worst fans in the NBA, either that or they're all broke.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
This old man, he played small,
He played knick-knack with our team;
With a knick-knack paddywhack,
Give the dog a bone,
This old man came tanking home.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What sort of fraud, waste and abuse is going on in Chico, that they have time to put a law like that on the books?
It's Chico, home of the college that was for years known as the biggest party school in the USA (I believe it was even declared so by Playboy or some similar publication).

The season is unofficially over, finished, kaput. Kings are boring in this experimental configuration. No reason to watch anymore. I don't want to keep viewing the carnage especially after atomic bomb blast in second half.
At least March Madness/Final Four culminates this weekend and then NBA playoffs begin.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Also in Chico:

9.32.010 Glass-Free Zone established: Prohibition.
There is hereby established a Glass-Free Zone within the City of Chico, consisting of all land within the portion of the city so described in section 9.32.020. No person shall possess any glass container on city-owned property within the Glass-Free Zone. However, this section does not prohibit transportation of glass containers from a wholesale business to a retail store or from a retail store or food service business to a private residence or business, provided the containers are unopened and remain in the original packaging or bag provided at the point of sale.

The season is unofficially over, finished, kaput. Kings are boring in this experimental configuration. No reason to watch anymore. I don't want to keep viewing the carnage especially after atomic bomb blast in second half.
At least March Madness/Final Four culminates this weekend and then NBA playoffs begin.
Lots of easy games to end the season at least, this stretch is pretty much the last contenders we will face.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And, in the event of a nuclear war, the great city of Chico has forbidden the use of any city funds for civil defense:

9.60.040 Prohibition on appropriation and use of city funds and property for civil defense against a nuclear war.
No city funds or property shall be appropriated or used for civil defense against a nuclear war or other preparations for nuclear war, including but not limited to those civil defense measures which address the physical or social aftereffects of a nuclear war.