[Game] Game 41: Scrmnt Kngs @ Prtlnd Trlblzrs

How excited are you about the new ESC opening in 2016?

• Excited

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Very excited

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Very excited

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Very excited

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very excited

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Very excited

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I am already waiting in line for tickets

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I am Vivek Ranadive and I approve this message.

Votes: 30 65.2%

• Total voters
I think you need to focus on coaching.
Blame needs to go on the players too. Corbin called timeouts tonight, and there were a ton of stoppages for the Kings. No one on offense could handle the ball without turning it over.

I know a lot of people hate the FO right now, but this team has a bright future. With or without Aldridge, the Kings were playing great..all until 5mins left of the 4th quarter.

Lack of execution is what killed this team when Malone was here, and it's continued to kill this team.

At some point, you have to turn and look at the players.

I think I know the reason why the Kings are having trouble down the stretch... no one on this team knows how to win.

I think the Kings need a vet on this team. I know Vince Carter would probably never ever want to come here, but he's someone who would be perfect for this team.

Maybe they should ask T-Mac to come out of retirement?

The Kings need a guard vet. Anyone have ideas?
they need a vet coach. And everyone knows it but the front office

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I think I know the reason why the Kings are having trouble down the stretch... no one on this team knows how to win.

I think the Kings need a vet on this team. I know Vince Carter would probably never ever want to come here, but he's someone who would be perfect for this team.

Maybe they should ask T-Mac to come out of retirement?

The Kings need a guard vet. Anyone have ideas?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And if they don't do something to fix this soon, all those new pricey lower level seats they want to fill with excited fans will be empty. If they think fans will pay higher prices to support this bad a product, they're delusional.
Considering how tone-deaf the entire business-side/ front office of the franchise seems to have suddenly become, you can't help but wonder if the Maloofs have somehow seized control of everyone's mind.

Why are these Kings so ridiculously terrible when it matters? Otherwise they play pretty good for most part. Coach saying right now that they play hard... well, who cares if they play hard with head up collective arse. After next game Kings on the road until end of January. Kind of feels hopeless for Kings fans, eh. Yeah, like this! guillotine.jpg

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
This is my rant.... Coach Corbin, is in a rough spot but I have to say he has no idea how to manage the team, how to handle time out situations and how to reach his players. This season is now trash. It's really tiring to see a team either go up 10 points in the last quarter and let it go with no composure and bad calls on refs making them being dependent on how the game is decided. Or either loosing there composure in the second half showing no care or no discipline. I'm a die hard Kings fan since 1998, but I'm at the point in which I don't care anymore cause the organization has no idea what they want. They get rid of Thomas cause they wanted to go more fast pace? They resign a SF who plays the half court game yet has no ball handle and is not clutch when it counts, and yet PDA wants a fast paced game. We have the most dominant low post player in the game...yet we want to play high pace as the WARRIORS or SUNS?!!!! We started off with the best record in years since the mallofs and we let go a coach who without no power of his own that his all star center is out for 10 games and change the entire dynamics of this team?!!! I support this team no matter what, but I will not watch them until they meaning the FO get there act together and either decided to go full change mode and get players who play run and gun and sorry to say...RUDY and DMC are not run and gun, they are half court set and are traded for assets and picks or accept the fact that your team is a half court team and get a coach who knows how to utilize both. Rudy is not a great one on one offense 1-4 flat option as he has weak handles for his size. DMC is dominant in the post, but you need shooters release when the D colapse on him. SORRY for this rant...I'm just upset with this team and I just want progress and this is not progress....

Considering how tone-deaf the entire business-side/ front office of the franchise seems to have suddenly become, you can't help but wonder if the Maloofs have somehow seized control of everyone's mind.
I think the basketball side sabotaged the business side. I'm waiting for the reports of PDA and Granger in a fist fight. PDA is not making it easy on anyone.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I can't do this any more. At least not right now.

Thanks, Vivek. You saved my beloved Kings and then proceeded to disembowel them right before my tear-filled eyes. Right now, I just don't care if I see another Kings game. Nice job. You've destroyed something I've loved for over 50 years. Way to go.

Why aren't refs held accountable for what they do? I understand you can't fire a ref every time they make a bad call, but I'm so sick and tired of hearing apologies from the league. Why can't these leagues train better referees?
If you only understood the training NBA refs go through. Look, there were bad calls, but it wasn't what COST us the game. This game is EXTREMELY TOUGH to officiate. It's all about angles. I guarantee if the official that called the offensive foul was on the other side, there would have been no call. There is a flaw in the system, for sure, but there isn't a flaw in the officials. They need to come up with a better way to cover the court. There is actually talk about having 4 officials, so both sides of the court would be covered by 2 officials at all times.

They will sell those lower level seats next year at half price, to the chagrin of the STH who are writing the big checks now.

Those who don't remember their history are condemned to repeat it. Coupon below was distributed at a recent game. Way to protect the brand Kings!!!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
They will sell those lower level seats next year at half price, to the chagrin of the STH who are writing the big checks now.

Those who don't remember their history are condemned to repeat it. Coupon below was distributed at a recent game. Way to protect the brand Kings!!!

Yeah, but do those discounted tickets come with an opportunity to nab super-pricey seats at an arena that doesn't open for another two years?

I can't do this any more. At least not right now.

Thanks, Vivek. You saved my beloved Kings and then proceeded to disembowel them right before my tear-filled eyes. Right now, I just don't care if I see another Kings game. Nice job. You've destroyed something I've loved for over 50 years. Way to go.
Way to go a-holes, you just turned VF21 into Randy Quaid from Major League 2
Hopefully you are not also a Niner fan as well because these 2 FOs seem to be trying to one up eachother in the stupidity department right now. Tough times for my 2 favorite teams

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
that will also be able to be had for 50% cheaper once the season starts
The whole "Buy season tickets now to save yourself a spot in the new arena" thing only works if there is enough demand for tickets that people aren't using them as toilet paper. If things keep going like this, the Kings might have to start just giving away tickets to have a crowd.

Frankly, the exact nature of what next year's STH will get in the way of "new arena priority" is a very squishy thing. It is non-specific and hasn't been sufficient as far as I'm concerned. Unless you believe there will be a stampede/sellout of the new arena - the STH advantage may not amount to very much. They are promoting "new Arena priority" to lure STH, but won't be pinned down on it except to say 'you will be offered a comparable location in the new arena'. I'll wager the best spots will be snatched by 1%er FOVs, the next best spots by the longest of the long term STH (those who paid up even through the final aloof years), and the guys who are buying 'priority' now with next years season tix will be default assigned tix that are comparable in some respects but too expensive to keep...then they will get the chance to downgrade to relatively high priced nosebleeds or opt out. Kings games will be a lifestyle of the rich and famous - that is Vivek's dream imo. Wish I was wrong about all this but it is really starting to come into focus for me.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Way to go a-holes, you just turned VF21 into Randy Quaid from Major League 2
Hopefully you are not also a Niner fan as well because these 2 FOs seem to be trying to one up eachother in the stupidity department right now. Tough times for my 2 favorite teams
To be fair, the Niners front office have a half decade of successful decisions to provide some reassurance. The Kings front office has, to this point, made one successful trade, drafted one guy who doesn't suck, lucked into signing Darren Collison, who has turned into a legitimate starting point guard despite almost everyone's arguments to the contrary, and scammed Rudy Gay into signing a contract extension.

The whole "Buy season tickets now to save yourself a spot in the new arena" thing only works if there is enough demand for tickets that people aren't using them as toilet paper. If things keep going like this, the Kings might have to start just giving away tickets to have a crowd.
They've been doinga fair amount of that for while now. Give them to charity, you at least get a write off.

Don't get me wrong. A lot of kids, vets, etc, get to see a game. The kids, especially, have a ball.

To be fair, the Niners front office have a half decade of successful decisions to provide some reassurance. The Kings front office has, to this point, made one successful trade, drafted one guy who doesn't suck, lucked into signing Darren Collison, who has turned into a legitimate starting point guard despite almost everyone's arguments to the contrary, and scammed Rudy Gay into signing a contract extension.
Oh I totally agree.
Sigh, I feel like this is all some sick joke right now.