[Game] Game 16: Sacramento Kings @ San Antonio Spurs. 11/28/14 5PM PST, 8PM EST

The best part of Thanksgiving

• the food

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • the family

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • knowing it'll be another year before you have to sit through it again.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Kingsfans.com Official Game Thread
Game 16
Sacramento Kings at San Antonio Spurs
By Stephen Tetsu, Only 80% Sick, 95% of the Time

Yup.
Welp. That's what happens when you turnover the ball and don't hit your shots for most of the game. This team is still young and growing but that doesn't make dumb losses any less frustrating.

While Demarcus put up a good stat line, his game against the Rockets seemed to be among his worst of the year, with a diminished Rockets frontline still being able to go against him with little fear of repercussion. By the fourth quarter, the big man was visibly frustrated and making two-year-ago-Boogie mistakes to the tune of seven turnovers.

Meanwhile, Ben played solid defense on James Soften but completely failed to hit an open shot, helping to put the team in an early twenty point hole. Oh, also, Ramon Sessions was pretty bad (as has been discussed adnauseum in hundreds of other threads here.

Couple that with what I'm sure were massive Thanksgiving meals and it's probably safe to say that many of our members are suffering from a serious case of indigestion. Much to our collective chagrin, it doesn't get much easier from here.

Awards Time

Tonight's Game

Too sick to finish the game thread today... Sorry :(

Go Kings!

Last edited:
Nice music! IMHO the Houston game was clearly winnable. In fact it was very encouraging. I agree that DMC did not play well. If I could do something to stop him from dribbling the ball cross the court and trying to play PG, I would. That was not Sessions who has taken a lot of rap on that one. Anyway, I hope the guys sat down together an worked it out. Let's take the Spurs instead (making my 3-1 prediction correct).

Any news about Rudy and Darren? Need Collison to keep Parker in order. If that happens, it's a W.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Food was delicious, but the 9ers lost. That sucked. I'm really looking forward to the Kings' game today

Nice music! IMHO the Houston game was clearly winnable. In fact it was very encouraging. I agree that DMC did not play well. If I could do something to stop him from dribbling the ball cross the court and trying to play PG, I would. That was not Sessions who has taken a lot of rap on that one. Anyway, I hope the guys sat down together an worked it out. Let's take the Spurs instead (making my 3-1 prediction correct).

Any news about Rudy and Darren? Need Collison to keep Parker in order. If that happens, it's a W.
Every loss this year was a winnable game, even open game of the season...if league allowed 20 minutes breaks between quarters, so Kings could play their starters for 48 minutes. :D

He was clearly losing it at the end of last game, and you could see, he was exhausted both physically and mentally, so Malone is doing Pop's Jedi mind trick of resting your leaders back on Spurs. :rolleyes:

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Yeah, this is just a concession if that's true.

Little bit annoyed about the Collison one actually. Gay's Achilles is well, an Achilles, and not to be messed with. But then for Collison to sit out too...well that's where our lack of a 3rd weapon really shows, because it just dumps the whole weight of the franchise onto Cuz's shoulders alone during brutal games. So then you start getting unnecessary wear and tear on Cuz and the whole thing piles up.

In any case this still isn't enough of a team effort for the game to be much fun to watch if all those guys are out. We are suddenly dangerous because of those guys. Its not "we are dangerous, and oh, yes we also have these guys". You are left basically just hoping that San Antonio does the fall into the mental trap thing and doesn't bring their A game. I'll take any W for playoff purposes, but a W that's only a W because the other team was farting around isn't hugely exciting anyway.

Well if our 3 don't start, it sucks.

But I'm still hoping for an entertaining game. We've seen Ben develop a lot over the last few games, hopefully being thrust into a bigger role tonight will help him.

Similarly, Nik has been showing flashes but not really showing up (see: hitting a big 3 against HOU then reverting to the wallflower who doesn't like to shoot or take the spotlight).

Omri will go insane, as usual.

Hopefully, tonight is a night when Ray gets a ton of minutes, proves he can play, and makes the case for PG2. Not looking forward to Sessions running this team tonight...

I'm hoping Nik and Ben get to take a lot of shots tonight, really to watch the young guys is why I'll be watching considering our situation.

Hope Malone plays Evans some for entertainment purposes, Sessions at least can find him in traffic without error.

We've seen how this team plays when Cousins on the bench. i wouldn't see the Kings winning this game even if Collison/Gay played. But without them there isn't a chance in hell

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Yeah, this is just a concession if that's true.

Little bit annoyed about the Collison one actually. Gay's Achilles is well, an Achilles, and not to be messed with. But then for Collison to sit out too...well that's where our lack of a 3rd weapon really shows, because it just dumps the whole weight of the franchise onto Cuz's shoulders alone during brutal games. So then you start getting unnecessary wear and tear on Cuz and the whole thing piles up.

In any case this still isn't enough of a team effort for the game to be much fun to watch if all those guys are out. We are suddenly dangerous because of those guys. Its not "we are dangerous, and oh, yes we also have these guys". You are left basically just hoping that San Antonio does the fall into the mental trap thing and doesn't bring their A game. I'll take any W for playoff purposes, but a W that's only a W because the other team was farting around isn't hugely exciting anyway.
I don't mind conceding a loss if it helps Collison and Gay more time to heal a little. I don't mind Cuz being held out as we all know he would try to win this game all by himself and the chance of injury is there. Looking at him at the end of the last game, he looked very tired. Let's protect him from himself. :)

If Cuz is really that sick, watching Carl play center isn't going to make him feel any better.

He should play and threaten to give the entire SA frontline the virus. Cough all over them and see how close they want to guard him. Turn your weakness into a strength.
Naw I think JT will be moved to Center and with Carl playing PF next to him. We will see a lot of Hollins or Reggie tonight.

This game might be ugly, but it's also a really good chance to get some guys minutes and see what they can do. I'm thinking Nik and Hollins specifically. I know Hollins is nothing special, but he's a center and needs to play at some point.

Well if our 3 don't start, it sucks.

But I'm still hoping for an entertaining game. We've seen Ben develop a lot over the last few games, hopefully being thrust into a bigger role tonight will help him.

Similarly, Nik has been showing flashes but not really showing up (see: hitting a big 3 against HOU then reverting to the wallflower who doesn't like to shoot or take the spotlight).

Omri will go insane, as usual.

Hopefully, tonight is a night when Ray gets a ton of minutes, proves he can play, and makes the case for PG2. Not looking forward to Sessions running this team tonight...
Would be a perfect chance for Malone to make a statement and start Ray Mac

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
now Cousins is joining Darren and Rudy on the injury list? this has to be some type of nightmare....I won't be watching this for too long then. I'd like to see under 18 turnovers tonight...if possible. I wonder if Malone chewed and spit out his team for that carelessness.

Rudy is warming up per Grant Napear. Doesn't mean he'll play but he's not ruled out yet.

And boogie is sick with a 102 fever. Not injured.

Last edited:
If Darren and Cousins are out but Rudy is able to play, maybe we can Rudy be the Point-Forward. This is essentially the only game I want him and Ben taking a billion shots, lol.