game 1- Mavericks Vs Rockets

Offical Mavericks Vs Rockets first round thread

Game 1- Rockets 98 @ Mavericks 86
Game 2- Rockets 113 @ Mavericks 111

Rockets lead series 2-0

Last edited:
I want the Rox to absoutely destroy, beat up, and annihilate *allas, I wanna see the look of disappointment in Cuban's eyes, I wanna hear the whinning of their fans and finally I want to "hear" complete silence in the AA Arena.

This will be a good, hard fought series. I think Phoenix will kill whoever wins this series cause they are gonna beat each other up for 7 games. Phoenix will handle Memphis with ease and be waiting on these guys!

I think what we're seeing now is what happens when you have a true center on the floor.

how lucky is houston and miami??! shaq/mourning, yao/mutombo.... crazy1

BullKing said:
I want the Rox to absoutely destroy, beat up, and annihilate *allas, I wanna see the look of disappointment in Cuban's eyes, I wanna hear the whinning of their fans and finally I want to "hear" complete silence in the AA Arena.
:claps: beautiful I couldn't of said it better myself :D

A couple of good things I have noticed after watching the first quarter and a few mins...

1) I hate the Mavs
2) I hate Mavs fans
3) Joey Crawford is officiating THAT game (so we won't have to worry about him in our game tonight)
4) I hate the Mavs!

A random thought: How about Erick Dampier saying he's the best center in the west...my thoughts: BAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Don't be counting those chickens too soon, fellow Kings fans.

While I agree things are looking pretty dismal for the Mavs right now, we've seen them handed pretty substantial losses in playoffs before - only to come back the next game and really step it up.

I honestly don't think this year's Mavs squad is anywhere near as competitive as last years, but I'm not quite ready to throw dirt on them yet.

Of course, it could just be that I want to savor their discomfort for as absolutely long as possible.

iheartBrad said:
:claps: beautiful I couldn't of said it better myself :D

A couple of good things I have noticed after watching the first quarter and a few mins...

1) I hate the Mavs
2) I hate Mavs fans
3) Joey Crawford is officiating THAT game (so we won't have to worry about him in our game tonight)
4) I hate the Mavs!

A random thought: How about Erick Dampier saying he's the best center in the west...my thoughts: BAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Are you serious he said that?

^I would never joke about Erick Dampier being the best center anywhere if somebody hadn't said it and in this case he did say it...basically in response of having to go up against Yao

Tracy McGrady is not to be messed with!!!! hot damn he is on fire!! as for Dallas.....well they're still *allas, where is the improved D??. Actually the mavs are lucky, they could've been at least 20 + down, if they didn't get a couple of lucky/easy put backs from right under the basket.

I'm not at all thinking that the Mavs couldn't come back and beat the Mavs and beat them handedly...I do expect them to get back in this game...but I'm enjoying every minute of their current dissappointment :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
iheartBrad said:
I'm not at all thinking that the Mavs couldn't come back and beat the Mavs and beat them handedly...I do expect them to get back in this game...but I'm enjoying every minute of their current dissappointment :)
Frankly, I hope we see this series go 7 games - both to wear both teams out a bit AND to maximize the possible number of times we can see a frowny face on Mark Cuban.

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike Mark Cuban?

I do not like him, Sam I am. I do not like ... Mark Cuban.

Honestly, I fail to see the new and "improved" D. Yes, it's a bit better then it was when nelly was the coach, but that's not saying much. Mav's D is no where near the level of the Rox D, having that said I can't see the rox choking this lead away

mavs only let teams shoot 43% this year...you may not be seeing much of it tonight but they are much improved defensive team

houston look real good though.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Nah, the Mavericks of the regular season traditionally fold like cheap suits in the playoffs and I think this will be just another bunch of wrinkles...

I do have to confess, however, to one part of me wanting to see Steve Nash play against his former team-mates in the playoffs.

On the Houston side, T-Mac is pumped and he's finally got a crew around him that makes him a lot more effective.

One extra plus? This is sure gonna ruin Cuban's weekend, which pretty much makes mine MUCH BETTER - even with it storming outside.

:D

A

AriesMar27

i said that before the playoffs started.... mcgrady is ready for this....

but wow... dirk with only 11 points....

go rockets...

VF21 said:
Nah, the Mavericks of the regular season traditionally fold like cheap suits in the playoffs and I think this will be just another bunch of wrinkles...

I do have to confess, however, to one part of me wanting to see Steve Nash play against his former team-mates in the playoffs.

On the Houston side, T-Mac is pumped and he's finally got a crew around him that makes him a lot more effective.

One extra plus? This is sure gonna ruin Cuban's weekend, which pretty much makes mine MUCH BETTER - even with it storming outside.

can't agree, the mavs have never really had a team that is capable of going all the way. They now have defense and good size. They didn't fold in past years they just weren't suited to win it all they now are. This series is certainly not over

as I speak dallas cut the lead down to 7

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ray Allen34 said:
can't agree, the mavs have never really had a team that is capable of going all the way. They now have defense and good size. They didn't fold in past years they just weren't suited to win it all they now are. This series is certainly not over

as I speak dallas cut the lead down to 7
One game does not a series make...and I don't think this year's Mavericks are a team that's capable of going all the way, either. Not with Shawn Bradley at the 5 anyway...

But this isn't a major importance to me, until and unless the Kings end of facing one of them in the third round.

I do not like the Mavericks. I do not like Mark Cuban.

I do not like the Rockets. I do not like the Spurs. Basically, if it's from Texas I don't like it.