Gabriel/James/Swanigan Assigned to Stockton

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
https://www.nba.com/kings/news/king...ustin-james-and-caleb-swanigan-stockton-kings

So, this is a bit strange given that with Fox/Bagley injured it would put us at 10 healthy bodies.

My guess is that it's just for tonight's game, and that these guys will be back with the NBA team for Friday. Stockton goes on a four-game week-long road trip starting on Friday, so if they don't show up for the Lakers game, I'd be surprised.

But if anybody wants to see them play, sounds like there's an opportunity tonight at 7 in Stockton!

If Ariza and Dedmon are injured (only 4 and 7 min in Portland game) that could only leave us 8?
Cojo,Yogi,Buddy,Bogi,Barnes,Bjelly,Holmes,Giles

I hope they at least fly Gabriel down to LA so we have 9?

Tonight, Gabriel played 21 mins. He scored 20 pts (7/12), 8 rds, 1 blk & 3 stls.
Justin James played 19 mins. He scored 17 pts (7/10), 4 asts, 2 rbs & 2 blks.
Kyle Guy played 35 mins. He scored 15 pts (7/17), 9 asts & 4 rds.
DaQuan Jeffries played 31 mins. He scored 15 pts (6/10), 5 rds, 2 asts, 4 stls & 2 blks.
Swanigan played 0 minutes had 2 dbl doubles and fries.

We can still use Gabriel if Ariza is out, he can also play 4, if we are thin if dedmon out
We can call up Guy as 3rd PG if needed
I don't think we can bring up Mika, Roster is full and both 2way players are Guards

Good game by most of the guys. Very efficient games by James and Gabriel. Guy looks like he's a long way from being able to contribute at the NBA level. Personally I have him behind everyone including Jeffries because at least defense transfers even if your offense isn't ready.

Good game by most of the guys. Very efficient games by James and Gabriel. Guy looks like he's a long way from being able to contribute at the NBA level. Personally I have him behind everyone including Jeffries because at least defense transfers even if your offense isn't ready.
Guy has actually looked better than I expected so far. Through 3 games he is averaging 20.7 pts & 5 asts. He is shooting 39.3% (34.4% from 3) from the floor, but 32 of his 61 FGAs have been beyond the arc.

For him to succeed at the NBA level, he needs to be able to run the point IMO. He has shown more inclination to do that than I thought he would this early.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Tonight, Gabriel played 21 mins. He scored 20 pts (7/12), 8 rds, 1 blk & 3 stls.
Justin James played 19 mins. He scored 17 pts (7/10), 4 asts, 2 rbs & 2 blks.
Kyle Guy played 35 mins. He scored 15 pts (7/17), 9 asts & 4 rds.
DaQuan Jeffries played 31 mins. He scored 15 pts (6/10), 5 rds, 2 asts, 4 stls & 2 blks.
I like that productivity. Keep it up, James! You might get some pt with the big club this year!

Guy has actually looked better than I expected so far. Through 3 games he is averaging 20.7 pts & 5 asts. He is shooting 39.3% (34.4% from 3) from the floor, but 32 of his 61 FGAs have been beyond the arc.

For him to succeed at the NBA level, he needs to be able to run the point IMO. He has shown more inclination to do that than I thought he would this early.
Yeah he needs to be able to run the point and become more efficient. 1 point per shot isn't going to cut it. He's probably never going to cut it on defense so he's going to need to be able to run the point and be a very good shooter in order to be an NBA player.

Kyle Guy looks to be honing his PG skills pretty well. He still needs to get a lot stronger to make it in the NBA. In a year or two, there is no reason why he can't at least develop into a 3rd PG for the Kings.

BTW, I really like how the Kings are using the G League again to develop players, like Gabriel last year. It's been a real asset for the organization.

Kyle Guy looks to be honing his PG skills pretty well. He still needs to get a lot stronger to make it in the NBA. In a year or two, there is no reason why he can't at least develop into a 3rd PG for the Kings.

BTW, I really like how the Kings are using the G League again to develop players, like Gabriel last year. It's been a real asset for the organization.
I think this might be more Kings hype.

He scored 26 points but that was on 28 shots and he shot 9-28. In that context, the 26 points doesn’t look as good and he failed to register double digit assists and the team lost. I want the kid to be great. I even plan to go see him but he has more work to do.

He scored 26 points but that was on 28 shots and he shot 9-28. In that context, the 26 points doesn’t look as good and he failed to register double digit assists and the team lost. I want the kid to be great. I even plan to go see him but he has more work to do.
Obviously he needs to improve, but learning to be a PG is likely themain objective at the moment. He has pretty much played SG his whole life (averaged 2.1 asts in his best season). So far he is averaging 5.6 asts & 2.2 TOs through 5 games. He has shown decent vision in the pick&roll.

He scored 26 points but that was on 28 shots and he shot 9-28. In that context, the 26 points doesn’t look as good
Why not? The Bearded Hag puts up shooting lines like that all the time. Scored 49 points a couple nights ago, which ESPN seemed to indicate was pretty great judging by their coverage. They didn't seem to care that the 49 points were scored on 41 shots. 16-41 and 8-22 from 3.

If Guy can just figure out how to flail his arms and legs in the right ways to get double digit FT's every game, he's golden. ;)