FTs worth Millions

Interesting that Cauley-Stein's FT woes alone is going to cost him likely several million dollars in free agency. Whatever or however he's practicing is not working well enough. His poor FT shooting is unfortunately a handicap in close games. I think the Kings ought to resign him, but at what price-tag?

Interesting that Cauley-Stein's FT woes alone is going to cost him likely several million dollars in free agency. Whatever or however he's practicing is not working well enough. His poor FT shooting is unfortunately a handicap in close games. I think the Kings ought to resign him, but at what price-tag?
It means he can't be on the floor in the 4th quarter in close games, and especially in the playoffs. Unless you have Shaq like skills, shooting 50% from the line is a borderline career killer.

Still baffles my why every NBA player doesn't shoot 85% from the line minimum. At age 13 I was over 90%. You'd think players would just shoot an 2 hours a day of FTs, since it takes no toll on the body, until they were at that level. If you had a team that shot that, it's an easy 2-3 pt pickup on your final tally.

It means he can't be on the floor in the 4th quarter in close games, and especially in the playoffs. Unless you have Shaq like skills, shooting 50% from the line is a borderline career killer.

Still baffles my why every NBA player doesn't shoot 85% from the line minimum. At age 13 I was over 90%. You'd think players would just shoot an 2 hours a day of FTs, since it takes no toll on the body, until they were at that level. If you had a team that shot that, it's an easy 2-3 pt pickup on your final tally.
As a player who shot 90% from the line, there is a big difference in shooting them at the NBA level. I remember the first time I shot on a clear backboard, it threw off the depth perception at first. It is also rare to have people moving in your line of sight at the HS level (and some colleges). Throw in having big crowds watching, and it makes a difference for most people. I have seen many NBA players who shot 80%+ who I didn't want at the line in crunch time, and a few who shot around 70% or less who I knew would make them with the game on the line.

The curious thing about WCS FT shooting woes is that he actually seems to make them at a higher percentage in crunch time, for whatever reason. ;)
I was JUST about to type this exact sentiment. In clutch situations he will sink one or occasionally both. Outside of that? Just mark him down as 0 of 2 and give the other team the ball.

Speaking of FTs. Bagley missed two consecutive tonight that came back to bite us in the booty.