Frank the Tank!

I get the impression McNair does not see Bagley as a 5. I honestly don't think Walton does either. 5 was just the easiest place to slot him in because the team didn't have the patience to develop him properly while they chased that 8th seed. Walton even hinted at that.
If this team ends up starting:

Holmes
Bagley
Barnes
Hield
Fox

There will be some definite spacing issues.

I can see signing Whiteside. He was cheap and he can give us something that we’ll be otherwise lacking against some teams. But Kaminski, too? Well, he may be the only King over 6’8 who can hit the 3. So there’s that. But I wonder if Monte believes that Bagley is not Center material? And I wonder if Monte sees Barnes as a small forward or a power forward?
Bjelica is 6'10 and he hit 42% of them last year ;)

I wonder if Monte is getting some big men to shore up the rotation in anticipation of a trade of one of the vet bigs. I wouldn't be surprised if one of Bjeli, Holmes or Barnes is moved in a trade for a legit small forward.
I read somewhere that the first FA Monte met with was Derrick Jones Jr. They didn’t land him, but the fact that he was a priority tells us a lot.

Right you are. What was I thinking?
Speaking of Beli, I don’t see a place for him on a rebuilding/ youth movement team. But maybe he’s trade bait. I just wouldn’t want him to take minutes away from Bagley or Holmes.
yeah i think he will be traded. maybe packaged with Buddy or Barnes. the end result, at least in the short term, of all these possible trades is a shrinking floor for Fox.

I read somewhere that the first FA Monte met with was Derrick Jones Jr. They didn’t land him, but the fact that he was a priority tells us a lot.
yeah i read that too, not a bad idea trying to lure him to take over for HB. I thought he would try another young SF like RHJ like others mentioned here or maybe glen robinson III, but doesnt hurt to pick up another big and maybe let woodard and jeffries get some minutes

Belly seems like a great character guy that can pass and shoot. He’s the perfect backup IMO and I’m not so sure we should just get rid of every shooter we have just for the sake of playing our kids 40 minutes a game. We can develop our kids and actually learn how to win games at the same time. I think having a veteran or two like Belly can aid in that.

i don’t want the first decade of Fox’ career to be filled with losses and tanking seasons.

Belly seems like a great character guy that can pass and shoot. He’s the perfect backup IMO and I’m not so sure we should just get rid of every shooter we have just for the sake of playing our kids 40 minutes a game. We can develop our kids and actually learn how to win games at the same time. I think having a veteran or two like Belly can aid in that.

i don’t want the first decade of Fox’ career to be filled with losses and tanking seasons.
I've been one of the main defenders of Bjelicia on this forum but if a team is willing to give up an asset the Kings can use to build with, then you have to trade him. He's not going to be here next year and he's still a really solid player so he's one of the few guys we could trade that actually have value.

The Kings have not been a good rebounding team in a long time. They tend to play soft. Having a guy like Lin come off the bench can change the tone of a game and he proved it last year. Whiteside is a good rebounder and plays some defense. He has something to prove Kaminsky is a really smart big guy. I like both additions.

Last edited:

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Kaminsky is an interesting BU 5: true 7 footer, only 27, can rebound in a crowd, and shoots a very good 3 probably better than all our other bigs. And may have some trade value in multiplayer trade.