Francisco Elson

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I understand that he's going to be a restricted free agent this offseason: if we can somehow do away with Thomas (and Wells, if he agrees to a S&T) in favor of a "real" power forward, I would very much like to see Geico Elson signed as our backup center.

Indeed! Glad to see someone else notice him.

I think we definitely should consider getting him in the summer. He's 30, but is quite athletic, brings energy, a good rebounder and shot-blocker, can hit the mid-range jumper with consistency, and of course get put-backs and dunks.

He's played very well when Camby/Martin have been out and started, which is 47 times, and usually only gets some time on this team when he starts. From what I remember has played well whenever in that situation. Really started to notice this guy in 05 of last season, and from when he's started this season.

Last edited:
He scored a career-high 21 points yesterday against the lakers...

I think he can be a good backup center, but what you guys think about Mohammed??

Last edited:
I like Mohammed as well, but he'll have pretty high value to teams like Spurs, Hawks, Bulls, Raptors. I think he can be had for at least the MLE though.

Elson is solid, but he's pretty much reached his potential as a player. So is he an upgrade over what we already have? I don't think so.

The Kings don't really need stop-gap players to fill out the bench, they need someone to fill a very specific and hard to find role -- a defensive stopper and rebounder who is skilled enough to not kill the team on offense. Elson isn't that guy.

I'd be more interested in signing a young big man with more potential -- someone like Jackie Butler or Mbenga.

I think he definitely could. Though I think Sampson could also, just that Sampson isn't as proven or gotten much time (most with Charlotte where he showed something).