Fox vs. Trae Young

After the game, FOX said he told Trae Young that he's ahead of where he was last season. And he's right about that. But I do think a lot of that had to do with what FOX also stated was the KINGS not knowing their identity yet and what they wanted to do. Unlike Trae Young and ATL, the KINGS weren't committed to giving De'Aaron the ball from day 1, as they had George Hill on the roster.

I said before the 2017 draft that I thought FOX was the best PG talent in the draft. And I still believe he's one of the most talented to come out in years, including Trae Young. But that said, I do think Trae is going to be very good. He kinda reminds me of Jason Williams with his moxy. He's got a lot of speed, quickness, confidence and natural shooting ability. It'll be hard for him not to succeed IMO.

From Peachtree: https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2018...o-analysis-trae-young-deaaron-fox-buddy-hield

"Fox made life very difficult for Hawks point guard Trae Young on both ends of the floor, pressuring the rookie into eight turnovers to go with his immense offensive performance. While Fox was only personally responsible for one steal in the box score, his speed and length bothered Young throughout the night, as did the Sacramento defensive scheme, which did well to take away his ability to take open three-pointers."

The writer should copy and paste that blurb, because he'll be able to use it each time Fox plays Young

So would you still trade fox for young??
No not right now. Already said I am glad I am not the GM, at least for the time being. Trae is still going to be a stud in this league, and he's fun to watch.

My trade that I was thinking of would be to trade the #2 and fox and get back maybe the #5 or #6 and maybe take Young and whatever top prospect big who was available. Or just move with and trade Fox/#2 for a player and #5 or there about.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trae Young is having a fantastic rookie season. He really does look like a Curry/Nash hybrid. And he's only going to get better.

But I think his defense will always be poor where De'Aaron can have a major impact on both ends. Fox can also switch some onto wings due to his length and will get better as he gets stronger. Young will likely always be a target of big mismatches on switches.