"Four games don't make you an All-Star" - Mike Bibby

A

Archibald

Sour Grapes

kingsofnba said:
jerome james will wish that the kings had beaten the sonics in the first round... if seattle would have lost in the first round, james would have made a lot of money... now that he is being exposed against a quality front court of the spurs, james's market value as a free agent just droped like a rock.... if seatle would had lost to the kings, someone would have given James a 6 year 60mil contract as a free agent... LOL
So that's how you rationalize the Kings losing to Seattle: "Uh, well, Jerome James isn't really all that, he'll lose to the Spurs blah blah blah." Can you say sour grapes?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Can you say troll?

EDIT: Sorry, that was probably a bit harsh.

Bottom line is Jerome James played way over his head against the Kings. It's not the first time a mediocre player has suddenly far outplayed himself - and it probably won't be the last.

It's not sour grapes to point out the obvious. James isn't that good. In a series against a truly good, healthy, composed team like the Spurs his deficiencies are going to be painfully aware to everyone...including himself.

Last edited:
SacKingsFX said:
i love bibby and all, but no pro athlete earns every penny
I agree in principle, but considering the amount of money that the NBA makes relative to its' number of employees (players) they are earning what they make. IF they play well. :p

A

Archibald

El Duque said:
I agree in principle, but considering the amount of money that the NBA makes relative to its' number of employees (players) they are earning what they make. IF they play well. :p
I disagree. Bibby earns his money because he can get it. Someone has chosen to pay him x amount of dollars and he has chosen to accept said dollars. People miss this point all the time. Whether Bibby is worthy to receive this much money is irrelevant and can be debated endlessly. In your own life, wouldn't you want to make the most money and get the best deal possible? It's called capitalism. So many people are jealous of athletes and entertainers because of the huge contracts they command. I could care less what Bibby makes, what Ben Affleck makes per film. More power to them. Just shut up and play, shut up and act.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It may be capitalism, but some professional athletes are paid too much because, for one reason or another, the life of their contract and the weight at the end exceeds their relative worth. For example, we paid Brent Price $9 million the final year of his contract. Was he worth it? Well, considering he never stepped foot in California OR donned a Kings uniform, I'd have to say NO.

But, he sang the National Anthem......wait, maybe that was the seaosn beofre? Anyway, it was good;) Although probably NOT 9 million dollars good.

Game 2 stats for SuperGarbageMan:

8pts 7rebs

He was supposed to only score 4pts then in the last 2mins plus he managed to get 2 dunks for another 4pts only because Pop took the starters out of the game.

For some reason, he doesn't look as cocky as before.

SactoGreg said:
Jerome is trying hard out there which can be more than said for what he did in the regular season.

Can you say, $$$?

James is nothing more than a ton of muscle and bones, with average skills.

That explains why he did so well against the Kings front court! ;)
Like I said, If that was the case then he would of been doing what he did Vs the Kings in the regular season too. I think he was just angry at the Kings for what they did to him and now that he isn't playing them, he isn't as motivated.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Ray Allen34 said:
Like I said, If that was the case then he would of been doing what he did Vs the Kings in the regular season too. I think he was just angry at the Kings for what they did to him and now that he isn't playing them, he isn't as motivated.
If his motivation comes from "hard feelings" against the Kings, rather than money (free agent), then he is a bigger idiot than I thought.

Ray Allen34 said:
WTF?!?! IMO He just had one good game then got on a roll of sorts....And exactly what was it that the Kings did to him anyway? From my understanding he was treated with nothing but respect in his short time with the Kings...his garbage bag story is nothing more than...well...garbage!!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Ray Allen34 said:
He's played against us for years with no hint of what he did that series. More likely he finally had some favorable matchups, got a little ocnfidence going etc. And then of course runs into the biggest/best defensive team in the league and all of a sudden he's Jerome James again.

2 more games and he'll need a broom to go along with that garbage bag and I hope Ginobli sweeps him up in it and takes him to the city dump where he belongs.