For Gargamel

Robert Swift is ugly. I caught a glimpse of his ugly *** tonight on national TV. He is officially the 14th ugliest player on the Seattle Supersonics team. The rest of them are uglier. I effing hate basketball. :mad:

Tomorrow I may relearn to love basketball...probably not...that's going to take months....but I will always swear that every effing player on Seattle's team was uglier than ugly. (but not as ugly as every Lakers player of the previous six years...YET).

This, from a Kings fan who knew they had no effing chance to go very far in the playoffs this year. Daaaaahm, but that is one UGLY team. GD them all. :eek:

@#^&*!*!!!!

OK, it's officially the TDOS, dammit.

He's got a young Freddy Kruger look going on there...

Seattle ain't my favorite team either, but I am impressed with what they've done this year. I think I can relate to the way some of you might feel. The Kings (since Webber's trade) have been on the verge of a transition. You guys as a whole are very optimistic, but probably knew that Petrie closed up shop on the 1st winning era of the franchise by letting Vlade, Christie, and Webber go. Some people may not think the Sonics were better, but let's say they were certainly more cohesive than Sac. Result: Sac loses, opening up a lot of offseason speculation and nervousness. This is what I felt like in 2003 after SA beat the shallow, aged Lakers.

Anyway, Sac still has Miller and Bibby to build from. They can probably still get something halfway decent for Jackson and Mobley. They definitely can get something good for Peja. A few moves here and there can have Sac back in contention fairly quickly. The most interesting thing for me will be seeing if Adelman lasts the summer as head coach.

LOL. A thread just for Gargamel. I'm beginning to think you're the de facto moderator of the NBA thread on kingsfan.com. I'd stay and chat some more, but I'm really smurfin' smurfed right now!

PixelPusher said:
LOL. A thread just for Gargamel. I'm beginning to think you're the de facto moderator of the NBA thread on kingsfan.com. I'd stay and chat some more, but I'm really smurfin' smurfed right now!
^ Ban 'em, kk.

Gargamel said:
^ Ban 'em, kk.
If I had the ability to ban, how many people do you think could post on this site anyway? :D Unless you had a different KK in mind?

FWIW, I do enjoy PP's posts (most of the time) too.

PP, the thread was an end to a much much earlier "discussion" over Robert Swift's looks where I was kind :eek: and Garg was not.

I admit full defeat at the end of the Kings season. The Kings, IMNTSHO, gave up on winning anything long before the Webber trade, but I still had hope that things would turn out well (at least better than a first round exit), even when I knew they would be lucky to make the playoffs at all. Ah well, that's why they play the games.

I am surely going to bed cranky and waking up the same way. God help the idiot who cuts me off in traffic tomorrow morning though...he/she is definitely getting the finger from me. And that's a promise (I think), I'm a wuss in real life. (I'm lying, I'm not THAT big of a wuss). dammit! dammit! dammit! dammit!

On the plus side, I can start planning my summer much earlier than I'm used to. :(

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gaargamel?

Have you been sniffing the POOF dust again? I told you NOT to touch the jar!

Everyone on that freakin Sonics team is ugly except for one guy that used to play for Michigan State. Ray has this look on his face that I just want to......

As for Evans, James and Fortson, their bodies are so not proportion. I am amaze their legs can withstand their flabby upper body.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Gargamel said:
Seems like every team the Kings face in the playoffs, Kings fans end up despising.
Nah! Not all of us. I do not hate, despise, or intensely dislike the Sonics. They were the better team and deserved to advance. Ray Allen is unbelievable.

Having said all that.........I intensely dislike James, Evans, and Fortson for rather obvious reasons. And, other than James, that is not new and has nothing to do with facing them in the playoffs. James dissed RA. Unforgivable!!

I don't hate the Sonics either. Only really hate the Lakers (sorry) and the Mavs. I strongly dislike Evans and Fortson, but I believe they are doing what their coach wants them to do and can't really fault their effort. Altho, Bibby is right that neither has grounds to be shooting their mouth off. RA won them that series and he wasn't dissing anybody. Too much class. Fortson and Evans are like two little dogs who are all yappy and full of it as long as the big dog is behind them.

But James I hate for smearing RA and the Maloofs (Kings organization). He's either a pathological liar, idiot or brain damaged. No way are is the organization or RA that classless. And after the imaginary BBQ's that Bibby came to at his house, the man is obviously delusional. I just can't really forgive him for that.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Gargamel said:
Seems like every team the Kings face in the playoffs, Kings fans end up despising.
I must have someone to hate, and your team really let me down this year. So...

Die Sonics scum!!!

Hmmm. That's like having to settle for a luke-warm Milwaukee's Finest when you really wanted an ice-cold Corona.

Gargamel said:
I don't think there's a hatred for the Sonics, just a few of their players. That being said...

...we hate the Spurs because they are the mirror opposite in style to the Kings, and the national media is always rubbing our noses in the fact that we don't play defense the way the Spurs do. Plus Greg Popovich is a tyranical a****le.

...we hate the Mavericks because they nearly identical to the Kings and because familiarity breeds contempt (3 consecutive playoff meetings). Plus Mark Cuban is a doofus and an a****le.

...we hate the Suns because they've stolen our "Run 'n Gun Media Darling" crown and won the Pacific Division. Plus Steve Nash needs to cut that greasy mop of hair and Quentin Richardson is an a****le.

and finally...

...we hate the Lakers because they are pure evil. Plus Kobe is a ball-hogging, self-centered, two-faced, Grade A, Major League A****le.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
jacobdrj said:
Wasn't T-Mass a King once? Isn't there a brotherhood of Ex-Kings that everyone loves?
T. Mass decided he was more important than the team. He made a number of ill-advised comments in the press. And, as so many times before, he ended up without a team...

There IS a brotherhood of Ex-Kings that everyone loves but they don't let Tony know where or when the meetings are being held.

PixelPusher said:
I don't think there's a hatred for the Sonics, just a few of their players. That being said...

...we hate the Spurs because they are the mirror opposite in style to the Kings, and the national media is always rubbing our noses in the fact that we don't play defense the way the Spurs do. Plus Greg Popovich is a tyranical a****le.

...we hate the Mavericks because they nearly identical to the Kings and because familiarity breeds contempt (3 consecutive playoff meetings). Plus Mark Cuban is a doofus and an a****le.

...we hate the Suns because they've stolen our "Run 'n Gun Media Darling" crown and won the Pacific Division. Plus Steve Nash needs to cut that greasy mop of hair and Quentin Richardson is an a****le.

and finally...

...we hate the Lakers because they are pure evil. Plus Kobe is a ball-hogging, self-centered, two-faced, Grade A, Major League A****le.
couldn't have said it any better. I would add, however...

...we hate the T-Pups because they didn't really deserve to beat us last year, because of KG's stupid "war" comments, and because Lattrell Sprewell and that alien looking guy are complete A****les.

:)

My Top Ten (Can't Stand 'em).

1) Lakers - Is there a more "injured-in-any-game that matters" player than Kobe?

2) Mavericks - Their vaunted depth, center, and press in general.

3) SuperSonics - Didn't really care until all of their Jerk0ff comments.

4) Timberwolves - Probably will wane once SC and LS are gone.

5) Trailblazers - Thuggery in general, and no matter how good we are, and how bad they are, they're always a scary matchup.

6) Suns - In this most recent era of ball, they're credited with them "Fun and Gun" offense. 98-99 Kings anyone?

7) Houston - Great a talent as he may be, T-Wack is still a self-absorbed punk who just rubs me the wrong way.

8) New York - Maybe not their players as much as their beat-writers... "King (James) of New York", etc.

9) Boston - Walker: Baby Huey. OverEgoed, UnderTalented NBA 4.

10) Denver - 'Melo got a good man canned, and plays hard only because Karl don't take none.

PixelPusher said:

and finally...

Don't front. You hate the Lakers, Mavs, and Pups because they've eliminated the Kings from the playoffs 5 times. All that other stuff came with those series.

As for your point about the Suns, is that belief shared by many here?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Gargamel said:
Don't front. You hate the Lakers, Mavs, and Pups because they've eliminated the Kings from the playoffs 5 times. All that other stuff came with those series.

Not me. I got no problem with the Suns. In fact, I give them props for totally turning their team around in 1 season. Just shows how valuable Nash is to that team. I don't like Nash's stringy hair but I think he is the best PG in the league and I got no reason to hate him. I don't particularly like Q, but that is about his attitude more than anything else.

I want to see the Suns take out the Spurs...and then the Heat (or whoever comes out of the East).

PixelPusher said:

and finally...

Hate leads to suffering :D

Gargamel said:
I can't speak for anyone else but, for me, "it's twoo, it's twoo, it's TWOO". And that ain't a tweety-bird imitation. ;)

Gargamel said:
Again, only my opinion, but I hate the Suns (and all those other MF copycats) for stealing the Kings schtick in the last two-three years and putting out a better copy than the ORIGINAL could provide within that timeframe. But, no, I don't really hate the Suns, I just wish the Kings could still do it better than the imitators at this point. :eek:

The Suns play fun exciting ball to watch...meh... I just wish it was "my" team that still played that kind of ball. The rest of the playoffs will determine how successful their style is. ****, Suns might be out in the next round and prove all the pundits right who say their style doesn't work in the playoffs. Who knows? I'm torn between wanting the Suns to make it all the way and wanting them (and Seattle) punished in the second round. I can't have both, can I?

Love ya, mean it! :p But my hair is finally dry and it's Friday night so I'm out.

Happy Cinco-Seis-Cinco, y'all!

Gargamel said:

You'll learn to feel the same way as the Lake Show creeps back into playoff contention. You have nobody to hate right now except Detroit, but your team is on a learning curve too, it's just a little flatter -for the moment- than the Kings curve is. Who knows, y'all might even make the playoffs next season.

:p

LY,MI!

TGIF!!!!!