Following Future Prospects

So within the next few months we'll see probably quite a few players currently ranked near the top of the class of 2024 reclassify into 2023 to play college next year and become eligible for the 2024 draft.

With that very expected move, that happens every single year like clockwork, all of a sudden the media, like clockwork will all of a sudden start talking about how the class got so much better and blah blah blah..

Its nonsense but gives them something to write about.. It's like a totally unecessary step of tearing something down before building it up..

right now the 2024 draftclass is talked about like the 2013 draftclass was talked about (everyones super negative), lets see how tunes will change once these very predictable reclassifications happen.

Many longtime NBA fans will of course remember the name Ron Harper, former All-Star and 5x NBA champion.
His son Dylan is a 6'4" combo guard who's a bigtime playmaker thats extremely productive. currently the #2 ranked player in 247's recently updated rankings. He's committed to Duke and looks like a surefire NBA player.

Dink Pate 6'8" wing with a frame built for the pros just signed with the G-League. He just turned 17 though so he wont even be eligible for 2024. He's the youngest player to ever sign with the g-league.

Along with Matas Buzelis and London Johnson the Ignite are sure gonna have a LOT of talent / scouts watching next season.

Also 6'6" G AJ Johnson will not be heading to Texas for his freshman season instead he'll be in the NBL with the Illiwara Hawks. He has first round pick written all over him so it'll be interesting to see how he performs.

ESPN released its initial 2026 rankings and Kings legend Trevor Ariza's son Tajh, a 6'6" SF checks in at #11 !

Been going thru some footage from this top25, I'd bet the 2027 draft is gonna be loaded, looks like an advanced crop so far.

the 2026 draft seems to have a good chance to be topheavy. ESPN has Bryson Tiller as #6 in their updated rankings for the HS class of 2025, which that seems too low if you ask me.

It appears there will continue to be debate at whos #1 with Cam Boozer and Cooper Flagg, I can be swayed I dont have too firm of an opinion on the matter but I'd actually lean towards Flagg who most consider the clear #2 right now.

There's a 6'6" 211lb SF prospect playing in Lakeland, California named Tounde Yessoufou that seems like a solid bet to make the NBA. ESPN has him ranked 16th in the class right now, hes a beast.

It seems the player they have ranked #4 Meleek Thomas, who they list at SG, is actually going to be recruited as a PG, seems like Duke.

Jasper Johnson 6'4 combo guard from Kentucky at #19 seems low.

and JD Palm the top C in the rankings, from Georgia, just a few weeks ago it was announced he's got some Kidney disease and needs a transplant.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Bronny commits to USC which has got to be their biggest commitment from a narrative standpoint ever, right?
Seriously? I suppose that shouldn't come as a surprise. Staples.. err, I mean Crypto.com arena is just a mile or so up the street from the Galen Center so this is the easiest way for Lebron to be at all of Bronny's home games when he's in town.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Bronny commits to USC which has got to be their biggest commitment from a narrative standpoint ever, right?
O.J. Mayo comes to mind as having had a pretty big narrative. But there probably haven’t been many college recruits at all with a bigger-named dad, who seems to be impossible to divorce from the process.

Bronny to USC!!

This is an interesting landing spot for him.. With the #1 recruit Isaiah Collier, who's a 6'4" point guard and probable top10 pick, Bronny will be able to play the combo guard position he's at this point most comfortable with.

I am particularly happy for their 7' sophomore Vincent Ikechukwu, he'll have a ton of eyes on him now, if Collier wasnt enough and he's easily talented enough to play in the NBA imo.

Sort of... The narrative of OJ Mayo's commitment was actually a big deal and really helped them recruit guys like DeRozan, Taj Gibson and Vucevic.

the media is going to put everything bronny does under a microscope though so this is really quite major for them.

Make no mistake though, Collier is the big fish at USC. However good Bronny may be, he isnt on Colliers level right now or probably even close.

Never seen Bronny play but would he be an NBA prospect if LeBron was not his dad? Or is he legit a good NBA prospect?
I'm no Ozy, but I think he took a massive massive leap in his senior year. Before that... eh. Probably wouldn't be on the map if he wasn't Bronny.

6'2-6'3, insane athleticism, top tier defensive guard prospect, has a great shot and has some of his pops playmaking instincts. He's probably not a lead ball-handler at the NBA level.

The NBA comp that comes to mind is Avery Bradley? The scout-heads can tell me if I'm way off on that.

Never seen Bronny play but would he be an NBA prospect if LeBron was not his dad? Or is he legit a good NBA prospect?
=
He's a pretty good prospect, possible 1st rounder, definitely a good defender, though his skillset and halfcourt offense, how tall he is and ultimate position arent totally clear just yet. so playing with Collier is going to help hide his deficiencies as Collier is remarkably polished at sort of 'doing it all' at 6'4", Collier will be trying to go #1 in the draft.

Collier is really dynamic and relentless driving the ball at 6'4", he's a PG, and he can really pass the ball off those drives, so thats where im sure Bronny's camp is thinking he's gonna get really clean 3pt shots to knock down.

Bronny will ultimately try to build his resume to NBA teams as a 3'and'D guard, thats how I think he slips into the 1st round, and if he's a legit 6'4" that'll really help his chances too.

There's some of the questions you saw with Malik Monk as a prospect; how tall/long is he? is he stuck between positions? how far does he really need to go to be trusted with some PG duties?

Last edited:
I'm no Ozy, but I think he took a massive massive leap in his senior year. Before that... eh. Probably wouldn't be on the map if he wasn't Bronny.

6'2-6'3, insane athleticism, top tier defensive guard prospect, has a great shot and has some of his pops playmaking instincts. He's probably not a lead ball-handler at the NBA level.

The NBA comp that comes to mind is Avery Bradley? The scout-heads can tell me if I'm way off on that.
NBA comp would be Avery Bradley thats pretty good. Bradley was the 19th pick in the draft, he showed a lot more than Bronny did in HS, but Bronny does seem to be coming on strong. I'd think if he has a good season some team might think about taking him in the late 1st. I'm not ready to conceed him being a lotto pick, like some are saying just yet.

Interesting
@serbiangoat

Player to keep an eye on he's in the highschool c/o '25, offers are pouring in they are saying he's got some of the most upside of any bigs in the class.
Reminds me a bit of Jovic but smoother

There's a interesting big man coming through who plays similar to Marco Gasol/Jokic he's like 6'10ish Pavle Backo hopefully he improves his mobility/athletic ability but he's only like 16 years old atm. I really hope he plays in some of the age group World/Euro championships coming up this and next month.

Interesting

Reminds me a bit of Jovic but smoother

There's a interesting big man coming through who plays similar to Marco Gasol/Jokic he's like 6'10ish Pavle Backo hopefully he improves his mobility/athletic ability but he's only like 16 years old atm. I really hope he plays in some of the age group World/Euro championships coming up this and next month.
Backo looks good for sure! Long arms. The top ranked Serb I see born in '07 is a 6'6 SG named Ognjen Srzentic who looks slippery on the perimeter from what little footage i caught but Backo looks better -- he might still be growing too

I know of only a few names from 2007 but the ones I do put a big smile on my face when I watch their footage -- especially Sidi Gueye and Paul Ater Maker Bol

There have been many bigs from Senegal to make the NBA --- None of them are remotely on Sidi Gueye's talent level.

Paul Ater Maker Bol is kind of a trailblazer as a prospect, most African prospects are big long phsycial defensive rebounding types, this kid has long arms and he's a 3pt marksman at about 6'8, certainly the best wing prospect from Sudan since Luol Deng.
I'm also a big believer in these guards Junior Kemm who appears to be a dual citizen of Brazil and Switzerland and Terrence Kekenbosch from Belgium. Kemm especially should be watching tape of De'Aaron Fox!

Last edited:
Is this a big deal?

I know Boozer is like a top prospect (I think).

Is it on TV?
Well like, those 2 prospects Bragg and the taller Boozer brother... They are essentially made-men..They are both going in the lottery 100%. They are way way way overqualified to be facing this sort of competition.

On the other hands, the Peach Jam is always a big deal.. Its a spectacular event..You will see the stars of tommorow there every year, just this one we have these 2 who stick out like a sore thumb.

Cooper’s gonna be the next prospect tagged with the generational talent label.
He'd fit perfectly here between Keegan and Sabonis. He'd be our Draymond. But absolutely no way he's in range. He's likely to go #1.

I've seen him play a lot, he's just everywhere.. His skillset is really well suited for todays game.. N I mean, he's gonna sell a lot of jerseys, someday soon his name and face are gonna be everywhere... He plays so damn hard too. No way he's overhyped..

I'd go as far as to say with him, shoe-in for the Senior Team USA team..

With Wembanyama in the NBA I do believe that AJ Dybantsa is the top prospect around nowadays... Better than Flagg and Boozer.. Kid is a million times better, way more skilled, than Marvin Bagley was at the same age..

He just averaged 26ppg at the Peach Jam.. No one is ever gonna be able to slow him til he hits the NBA.. He's like Tracy McGrady levels of talent, or even beyond that, his offense is way ahead at the same stage.

Cooper Flagg is born in Dec of 2006 and Dybansta is born Jan 07 so they are really very close by age but with the way the rules work (CURRENTLY) Dybansta wouldnt be eligible for the 2025 draft n Flagg would. Which kinda stinks cuz there'd be a quite the battle for that #1 pick, though I would expect Dybansta to win it... Despite being 6'8" I'd actually list his position at SF/SG, he's really an oversized swingman (which is why i bring up T-Mac)

This kid carries himself like a star too.. He's not just someone with immense talent goofing around out there.. N if you watch him on the court, everyone else kinda quickly falls in line, he's the type of guy --- you might be used to scoring 20ppg, but not with him on your team, ya give him the damn ball, he's better, to not defer to a player like this would be a sign of great hubris.

I'd say its pretty much unmistakable how easy he makes the game looks.

Last edited:

Here's some of the latest footage from Tyran Stokes...Who I feel pretty comfortable saying profiles as a lottery pick, the Nuggets winning the chip with Aaron Gordon playing such a key role is only gonna help his chances.. It's kind of absurd to try and gauge his talent level vs players his own age.. This isnt the first post I've made about him in this thread, and it wont be the last, as its going to really take a heck of a PF propsect to knock him down a peg from that top PF spot..

Definitely see some Aaron Gordon in his game... Many compare Domas to Jokic, could we somehow land this kid to be our AG?!?!? It'd literally cost the farm tho, would be a trade all the picks situation, this kid is a lotto pick.

Betcha Charles Barkley will love this kid.. Betcha he'll say Stokes reminds him of himself.

Last edited: