Follow Kings players in FIBA World Cup games

Final Score USA-France 79:89. Barnes scored 4 points and dished 4 assists, played almost 32 minutes.

BoxScore

What's up with the minutes distribution here?

Gobert was dominant and played 34 minutes.

Turner, Plumlee and Lopez play a total of 16 minutes.

That means Gobert was matched up with a SF or smaller for over half his minutes.

US gets outrebounded 44-28

wait, where is this Milutinov/Bjelica info coming from?

btw, watching post game interviews you can see that Bjelica is taking this loss really hard...
I happen to know a couple of journalists who follow Serbian national team in China, so they are the source of information. I heard a lot of other crazy stuff too, but I wouldn't believe anything 100% at this point, since now is a great time to make up some stories and create even worse vibe than it is. Hopefully we'll learn more things when the team comes back.

As for the game today, I don't think it's going to be super competitive. Neither team is playing for what they came for, so the only question is who'd manage to find some motivation.

The biggest thing for me on this tournament is the fact that Bogdan found his rhythm, shot and confidence. If Serbia went all the way, he would've been MVP for sure. Having said that, I hope he can continue with such strong performances when the season starts too. No more playmaking, no more playing fake SF.. play little more like Peja used to, but from the SG position.

Bogi's playing a great game so far - catch and shoot machine. Bjelica continues with his meltdown, not sure why he gets this many minutes.

USA stopped kidding, I think Serbia has no chance in the 2nd half.

Bogi's playing a great game so far - catch and shoot machine. Bjelica continues with his meltdown, not sure why he gets this many minutes.

USA stopped kidding, I think Serbia has no chance in the 2nd half.
Well, who else can play his position? Jokic at 4, Bircevic, Simonovic?

Serbia-USA 94:89

Barns 22 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, no turnover.
Bogdanovic 28 points, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 TOs.
Bjelica 8 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 TO, 1 steal, 1 block.

BoxScore

Last edited:
Just goes to show how overrated Mitchell really is. Undersized chucker who struggled half the season last year. 5/7 games he has scored 10 or less for Team USA and when you’re a focal point on the team, that is not good. Had 1 really good game against France and his overall FG percentage is 44%, but very unspectacular.

Team USA was filled with role players and it showed. No wonder Fox and Bagley left.

Edit: other teams have improved and Europe and the world are catching up, but we lost 3 times! That’s crazy.

Just goes to show how overrated Mitchell really is. Undersized chucker who struggled half the season last year. 5/7 games he has scored 10 or less for Team USA and when you’re a focal point on the team, that is not good. Had 1 really good game against France and his overall FG percentage is 44%, but very unspectacular.

Team USA was filled with role players and it showed. No wonder Fox and Bagley left.

Edit: other teams have improved and Europe and the world are catching up, but we lost 3 times! That’s crazy.
I felt like last season a lot of people of overlooked his poor efficiency. He has to get better in that department to become a real star.

Has Bogi been the best player in the entire tournament? I can only recall one bad game. Seems like he's been on fire.
As Peja said, if Serbia went to the finals he would definitely be in consideration for MVP. he was definitely that for our team. i feel if we had one more consistent / high level performer like that Serbia would have done much better.