Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reyes134

I think we got a bunch of role players...we need a alpha dog. Did anyone watch anthony edwards last night? We need some fire

I think they need to look for under the radar targets. I wanted Miles Bridges last year but lol good luck with that now. Guys like Covington or Gallinari I feel if those teams continue their respective slides.

Or draft one. I'm kinda eating crow on Mitchell now, but please for the love of god, get a forward.
In my humble opinion they have one. in Louis King who is NBA ready. Not sure why he's buried in the G-League unless there's some moves that are going to be made and they need to be flexible with the roster spots. But the dude can ball. He's better than Harkless and he's a true wing with some guard skills.

when he came into the league, I thought he was more of a 3/4 (super valuable role in the league) wing-forward but you're right that he's pretty much just a small 4 now.
I think Woodard has the athleticism to play the three, but not the skill level. At least not right now. He's still young, so there's time for him to develop those skills. One thing he needs to work on is the release on his jumpshot. It comes off his hand off line way too often. Everything else on his shot looks fine, but his release isn't consistent.

Rolled my eyes when I realized we hadn't fired Walton before the Raptors game. How deep of a hole is Monte going to ask the new coach to dig us out of? "Hey (insert name of good coach), want to come and coach the 6-20 Kings? We're making the playoffs this year!"

He's not going to be fired. It's obviously about money and it gives Vivek someone he can hide behind.

Vivek wont wait forever though with more and more empty seats appearing.

He will do what he knows best. Install a fan favourite as coach.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
He's not going to be fired. It's obviously about money and it gives Vivek someone he can hide behind.

Vivek wont wait forever though with more and more empty seats appearing.

He will do what he knows best. Install a fan favourite as coach.
I have no idea what you are saying here. Your first two sentences seem to directly contradict the last three.

The schedule after tonight is gonna be brutal. If they do fire Walton, whoever takes his place is gonna have to start off with Utah, Philly, Portland, lakers x2, Memphis and lac x2 :eek:

The schedule after tonight is gonna be brutal. If they do fire Walton, whoever takes his place is gonna have to start off with Utah, Philly, Portland, lakers x2, Memphis and lac x2 :eek:
I noticed that too. This last 7-8 game run should have been a build up to prepair for this. Now it looks like they will just get pummeled. And we'll come out with a really, really bad record that we can't get out of.

Last edited:
And knowing Walton, the Kings will win a bunch of those games. Maybe even on a winning streak. The problem is it's usually followed with losses that erase it all and more almost instantly once he starts to hammer back in his motion system or help defensive schemes.

Na. I’m not ready to throw another golden age friend into the Vlade pit. Whoever is getting this interim job is in a lose only situation.
I really feel like Bobby could take the job with an (i) and either win it or go back to Stockton with little fuss. It's actually not a losing sitch for him, I don't think. Although he might also say "no thanks!" and I would say smart guy.

Dropping names: Maybe Jeff Van Gundy has nothing better to do and would like another run. Growing up in Contra Costa county might want a chance to reconstruct Kings morbid franchise. Someone has to do it and do it fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.