Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Ok, you got your giggles, now manifest us a top 3 pick.
Its all cool. That sweet sweet #8 pick is going to be great because all the wins we got this season contributed to #WINNINGCULTURE and #WINNINGCULTURE is better than losing on purpose for more talented prospects.

Also mastermind McNair will just materialize another Hali in the low lottery because he’s genius.

it’s all falling into place!

I love the Sacramento Kings!!!!!

The inherent conceit is that Monte also wanted to hire Finch.
Then that is even worse. That would be so Vlade like. Fixated on one without doing a proper candidate search.

In reality, I suspect it is simply a money thing AND a paranoia about doing anything that could possibly go wrong rather than fixing whatever already has.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
You don't want to wait for the 9 game losing streak before you check out?
I think he's counting on being at least 3 games into the streak by then.

This is just...stupid. It doesn't matter who they draft or sign, if Walton is still the coach we aren't going to succeed. He had LBJ for goodness sake and couldn't win. How can you fail so miserably and still keep your job?

I think he's counting on being at least 3 games into the streak by then.

This is just...stupid. It doesn't matter who they draft or sign, if Walton is still the coach we aren't going to succeed. He had LBJ for goodness sake and couldn't win. How can you fail so miserably and still keep your job?
Cuz he didn’t fail miserably. He kinda just passed with a D-. All I kept hearing that he has the second best win % behind adelman lol. That really felt like they were bracing us for this. Sigh. I feel like when we drafted bagley. Disappointed but nothing we can do about it now except hope for the best.

Two Cs gets you on academic probation at my institution. A D (<70%) is a fail.

When was the last time a coach got a 3rd year to suck this bad? Blazers will be firing Stotts in a month, he just won coach of the month and they haven't missed the playoffs since Dame's rookie year.

I don't want to reward team mismanagement and yet I am going to set a low bar for them to maintain my interest, which is playing winning basketball. Unfortunately that's been a pretty high bar for this team to clear.
it’s all about perspective when it comes to fandom.
If we are dead set on building a championship contender as a fan base then prepare for years of let downs and misery. I for one have let go of that goal ( even though it would be awesome to achieve) and have settled in on being happy watching solid competitive basketball. This team does has some entertainment value if you don’t think so hard.

1) Hali is an absolute joy to watch and his infectious personality is as advertised.

2) When Fox goes super nova, who doesn’t love that display of athletic prowess? Now add a full arena roaring to the mix

3) this team loves playing together. They clearly have good personal chemistry and they for the most part are all upbeat guys. Better than a bunch of Debbie downers.

4) scrappy young players. Assuming Metu and TD are back, count me in among the fans that love what they bring to the court. Again imagine with the energy cranked up in Golden one

throw in another top ten pick, a full g league to keep an eye on and that’s more than enough to keep me tuned in and entertained next season.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Its all cool. That sweet sweet #8 pick is going to be great because all the wins we got this season contributed to #WINNINGCULTURE and #WINNINGCULTURE is better than losing on purpose for more talented prospects.

Also mastermind McNair will just materialize another Hali in the low lottery because he’s genius.

it’s all falling into place!

I love the Sacramento Kings!!!!!
Hahaha dang it SLAB!

I’ll give you a break for Walton, because that was a given considering how broke this franchise is, but I swear, if we end up picking 8.....

...well, we could easily drop to 10 because of the tie right? So I guess 8 is swell.

If we are dead set on building a championship contender as a fan base then prepare for years of let downs and misery. I for one have let go of that goal ( even though it would be awesome to achieve) and have settled in on being happy watching solid competitive basketball. This team does has some entertainment value if you don’t think so hard.

1) Hali is an absolute joy to watch and his infectious personality is as advertised.

2) When Fox goes super nova, who doesn’t love that display of athletic prowess? Now add a full arena roaring to the mix

3) this team loves playing together. They clearly have good personal chemistry and they for the most part are all upbeat guys. Better than a bunch of Debbie downers.

4) scrappy young players. Assuming Metu and TD are back, count me in among the fans that love what they bring to the court. Again imagine with the energy cranked up in Golden one

throw in another top ten pick, a full g league to keep an eye on and that’s more than enough to keep me tuned in and entertained next season.
well said. Kings fans aren't in a position to be picky, the little joy we want to extract from this form of entertainment is solely based on the individual

The one positive is that it appears the organization is united and moving in the same direction. No rumors, no whispers, no court intrigue. A decision made quickly and immediately confirmed by the 3 main Kings writers, nothing about debates or indecision or internal deliberations. A decision made and the organization moving forward as one, rather than as a ship of fools constantly bickering and trying to throw each other overboard.

Hahaha dang it SLAB!

I’ll give you a break for Walton, because that was a given considering how broke this franchise is, but I swear, if we end up picking 8.....

...well, we could easily drop to 10 because of the tie right? So I guess 8 is swell.
Between the tie and teams jumping up we could be 11. 12 is likely a stretch

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The one positive is that it appears the organization is united and moving in the same direction. No rumors, no whispers, no court intrigue. A decision made quickly and immediately confirmed by the 3 main Kings writers, nothing about debates or indecision or internal deliberations. A decision made and the organization moving forward as one, rather than as a ship of fools constantly bickering and trying to throw each other overboard.
Well, either that or...

Ricky Ricardo: Luuuu-CYYY! What's that terrible smell?!?
Lucy Ricardo: Awww, Ricky! I burned the roast again! Can we just go out to dinner?
Ricky Ricardo: [Looks into wallet, frowns] WE'RE EATING THE ROAST!
Lucy Ricardo: RIIIIII-CKYYYYYY!

I'm not going to stop being a fan, I just am not even going to get sucked in until they show something good. I at least entertain the idea of League Pass every year, I just can't see any chance that's happening if we retain Walton. And I'll skip the Blazers games in person and pick a game where I can actually root for the home team. Maybe if I'm in Sac I'll finally get to see the new arena, but barring that I'm not going to actually put any money towards watching this team stay the course. But I'll come here as I do.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Vlade effed this one up by giving Walton that contract. It’s THE only reason Walton is still here. Ownership would rather waste another year of Fox’s career with a bad head coach instead of doing the right thing and dumping his behind.
Sounds about right.

But maybe Vivek is just waiting for Kerr to get fired.

Wahah when/if this team is losing again next season I might have to throw a hissy fit, threaten to leave and never come back and go follow whatever new team Buddy is on. Then come back here and talk bout how bad Monty is.

Status
Not open for further replies.