Fire Walton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depressing Post Of The Day:

As bad as Luke Walton has been, here is a list of the win% of all Sacramento coaches in the entire Sacramento era:

.633 Rick Adelman
---League Average .500---
.415 Reggie Theus
.413 Luke Walton
.403 Garry St. Jean
.402 Eric Musselman
.398 Phil Johnson (Sac era only)
.398 Dave Joerger
.393 George Karl
.386 Rex Hughes
.368 Mike Malone
.340 Keith Smart
.340 Eddie Jordan
.298 Paul Westphal
.298 Dick Motta
.293 Bill Russell
.250 Tyrone Corbin
.190 Kenny Natt

And before the current losing streak, Walton was at .453! Just think if we had compiled this list then!

OK, carry on with whatever it was you were doing before you read this, if you can!
Jerry Reynolds and his .329 win percentage is missing from the list:)

At this point I want the beatings to continue until morale improves which means Walton getting fired.

This may be the worst stretch of basketball I've ever seen the Kings play. The defense is beyond atrocious. What are we giving up over the last 8 games... like 135 a game?

Maybe this is McNair's plan: ask Walton to play the scrubs for the tank and then use the poor record to justify replacing him.
The thing is it's like a corner man waiting to the throw in the towel until they have to bust out the defibrillators. At some point there isn't any bringing it back, lol. What the heck is it going to take!

I don't have a problem with Walton showing some fire. It's better than a coach who looks like he just accepts defeat and is perfectly ok with it.
Neither do I but the dude has absolutely no tact. Reasoning and timing are everything. That attitude is a great way for a player to take offense if they feel he was doing it towards them in some fashion and back in the old days a coach might get his *** choked as a result, haha.

The thing is it's like a corner man waiting to the throw in the towel until they have to bust out the defibrillators. At some point there isn't any bringing it back, lol. What the heck is it going to take!
I don't know. But to cheer you and everybody up, I have a little story for you. There's a little hole in the wall cash only hot dog restaurant run by an old Italian guy in my area and it's absolutely delicious. It's a tiny little place crammed with decorations and pictures of Frank Sinatra, James Dean, Pavarotti, and a Good Fellas poster on the wall. And we're talking gourmet hot dogs. He has a few other items on the menu too. Yes, lasagna, but didn't get that tonight. Instead I got this delicious mussels and Italian sausage dish. This guy used to run a supper club in the 70s and 80s in a fly fishing town in Montana and people from all over the world would come there, a crowd known as "world fly fishermen". An Italian family came through one time and shared this recipe with him. I'm four bites in, and it's absolutely phenomenal.

Go Kings!

Last edited:
I really only care about team morale and possibly highlighting players to trade now. It seems like the 7-1 streak made people feel better (on the team) so if he can command the tank without damaging the franchise permanently I don't really care what happens.

But please I don't want to watch a game like tonight.

Can't blame the coach for his star PG missing 2 FT and his starting PF and SG going 1 for 3 butttt... yeah. Fire Luke
Go back to the start of the 4th. I called it out in the game thread. Check the end of the game. Cojo the stopper? Cojo? These are the EXACT moments in a game where COACHING carries you through. Or buries you.

People calling Luke a tank commander need to put some respect on his name.

Luke Walton is a Tank God
Lets revisit this at the end of the year. When you watch Cojo, Holmes, Barnes, and Hassan squeak out wins against teams in full development on their way to the 12th pick again. The issue is this year there probably isn't a Haliburton there to slip because he was a 2nd year guy, had a funky jumper, and looks a bit tapped out on development potential to some GM's.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Lets revisit this at the end of the year. When you watch Cojo, Holmes, Barnes, and Hassan squeak out wins against teams in full development on their way to the 12th pick again. The issue is this year there probably isn't a Haliburton there to slip because he was a 2nd year guy, had a funky jumper, and looks a bit tapped out on development potential to some GM's.
His inability to teach fundamentals or defense will see us to the promised land.

If only we didn’t have that meddling Gentry around, our offense would be top notch garbage too!

His inability to teach fundamentals or defense will see us to the promised land.

If only we didn’t have that meddling Gentry around, our offense would be top notch garbage too!
That bubble run is your evidence in a worst case. Remember that. This is considered a decent draft, teams aren't going to fool around. And a failure is going to fail at every turn and when they've shown you it once, then twice, you best not bet on it working out for you in the end.

gunks

Hall of Famer
That bubble run is your evidence in a worst case. Remember that. This is considered a decent draft, teams aren't going to fool around. And a failure is going to fail at every turn and when they've shown you it once, then twice, you best not bet on it working out for you in the end.
Let me enjoy the moment! I’ve been a fan a long time and I’ve seen us totally **** up a lot of tanks in the home stretch, so you’re probably right, but let’s just be happy for tonight. :p

Just about every year there is a guy who slips to the late lottery or can be gotten at 12 that can be a star. I'd be fine winning late games with fox, ty, bags, and 1 or 2 of holmes, buddy or barnes and hoping we get lucky and monte picking a star. If it's CoJo, Hassan and another vet not in our future plans getting big minutes...something is seriously wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.