Favorite Doug Christie memory

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
KingKong said:
2) If you watched the video, you can clearly see that most players cleared the bench and a few left the court and rushed towards the tunnel to stop the fight.
That's a lot different than your original statement, not that it matters.

You saw a video? I saw probably hours of news coverage from different angles, different cameras, etc.

It's pretty much a matter of perception.

My point, I guess, was that some people are making it sound as though what Doug did was somehow noble. It is your opinion, however, and I won't argue with you about it any longer.

I guess it's a glass half-full or half-empty type of thing. Optimist that I am, I guess I just think of a positive memory.

It's all cool...

I'm with ya VF. The fight did not represent Doug to me. That seemed to be out of character for him. Did some part of me rejoice in it? Ya, even though I probably shouldn't have. Doug coming back in, even though he was hurt represents everything good about Doug. That moment represents his heart and the will to win that he brought.

VF21 said:
That's a lot different than your original statement, not that it matters.

You saw a video? I saw probably hours of news coverage from different angles, different cameras, etc.

It's pretty much a matter of perception.

My point, I guess, was that some people are making it sound as though what Doug did was somehow noble. It is your opinion, however, and I won't argue with you about it any longer.

I guess it's a glass half-full or half-empty type of thing. Optimist that I am, I guess I just think of a positive memory.

It's all cool...
Well this fight happened while I was still living in the U.S. (the good old days, when I didn't miss a Kings game), so I saw all those angles and hours of coverage that you saw as well. It isn't really perception when you see most of the Kings players run into the tunnel in attempt to stop the fight no matter what angle your seeing it from. I shouldn't have said the "enitre" team left, perhaps I was just exaggerating a bit. In any case this is a pointless argument and yes all is still cool. :D

VF21 said:
hoopsfan and Gargamel - You know, it would be really nice if you two would just knock it off. Let us have our time to talk about Doug, whether you two agree with our feelings or not.

Your comments are intrusive and, quite frankly, I expected better of both of you.

Don't ridicule what you can't possibly understand.
:confused:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
hoopsfan said:
Gargamel said:
I have a favorite!
Me too!! :D
As far as the pre-season fight..none of you have ever seen the whole thing.
Sorry, Gargamel, if I misunderstood your statement but based on your comments in other threads, it appeared as though you and hoopsfan - both Laker fans - were using this as an opportunity to make a comment against Doug I thought was inappropriate. If I misinterpreted your statement, I apologize.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
hoopsfan and Gargamel - You know, it would be really nice if you two would just knock it off. Let us have our time to talk about Doug, whether you two agree with our feelings or not.

Your comments are intrusive and, quite frankly, I expected better of both of you.

Don't ridicule what you can't possibly understand.
Ok VF21..I apologize for "stirring the pot" in this thread.
( I do think we understand about losing a player though..if that's what you mean.)

My favorite Doug Christie moment, far and away, was when he was still brand spanking new on the team (2nd or 3rd month of his first season here).

It was a post game interview, and napear said:
"how about that Tracy McGady? He scored 50 points tonight, and you get to cover him tomorrow night..."

Christie replied:
"50 points... Jiminy Crickets!! Golly, that guy is really good...!"

In the world of the nba, where dumbas 19 year olds are constantly posturing to show idiotic "street cred" or whatever (it was worse 5 years ago, imo), a player that was willing to say "jiminy crickets" totally won me over on the spot. He was my favorite personality on the team from then on, and as I gradually saw how his game mirrored his non-self-agrandizing personality, he was my favorite player as well.

The NBA needs more Doug Christies.

i'm late to this thread, LOVE THE PIC android!!!

that is my fav. i've tried factoring in all the playoff games, but seeing doug deck foxy was THE best!!!!!