Family Pets

Those pics are actually almost two weeks ago. He looks even better now. All the dry, dead hair is being replaced by darker, softer hair, and his bald patches are growing back. He is SO sweet. Hard to believe he could come through so much trauma and still be such a happy, loving little guy.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Martin is sure looking good, Kg.

SIR HENRY, the kids (of the animal variety) are sure looking nice. Your new addition is a cutie.

Kingsgirl, Martin doesn't even look like the same dog. Did his color change because of malnutrition? He is so pretty, bless you for helping him.

ILV said:
Kingsgirl, Martin doesn't even look like the same dog. Did his color change because of malnutrition? He is so pretty, bless you for helping him.
Yeah Kingsgirl ,i was wondering about the color difference too,Martin is quite a handsome boy. You have done a wonderful job with him, I'll bet he just loves you to pieces.How did you become a foster mom?Is he gonna be with you permenetly?I just love happy endings.:) :)

Last edited:
Yes, it was due to malnutrition, the poor guy could hardly stand when they rescued him. That first picture is actually a couple weeks AFTER he was found in the attic, so he had already put on some weight:eek: His coat was all dry and dead. He isn't quite as dark as that last picture though, just poor lighting.
I became a Foster parent through a group in San Fran called Bad Rap. I'm pretty much a miserable failure at fostering, since I'm now WAY too attached to him.

Kingsgurl said:
Yes, it was due to malnutrition, the poor guy could hardly stand when they rescued him. That first picture is actually a couple weeks AFTER he was found in the attic, so he had already put on some weight:eek: His coat was all dry and dead. He isn't quite as dark as that last picture though, just poor lighting.
I became a Foster parent through a group in San Fran called Bad Rap. I'm pretty much a miserable failure at fostering, since I'm now WAY too attached to him.
Props to you for doing what you did - i really really respect all you are doing for that poor dog.

Last edited:
Aww!!!!! Puppies!!!!!!:D

The recent coaching situation has driven Mystique to drinking
Here she is yesterday, searching frantically through the cooler for that last beer.

Martin just says, Please no. I'll be good, I promise.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So, does Misty drink Corona?

;)

Martin looks wonderful. Hard to believe he's the same dog whose picture you posted after he was rescued from Hurricane Katrina.

:)