Family Pets

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
arwen - They're adorable. The striped one reminds me so much of my dear departed E.T. that it actually brought tears to my eyes. They're wonderful!!!

On closer examination, we find the tabby is a male. He's definitely braver than the female - she's a bit timid right now. For now I'm keeping them separate from Esmers - I don't know how she'll take these two. I know she misses PJ, but not sure how she'll react to kittens.

Daniela said:
She will be about 90-100 llbs. The boys get anywhere from 95-110 llbs. They are consisdered a large breed of course. But they are also the most loving, smushy, fun dogs. I can't wait. Next Friday!!!!
What breed is your puppy?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's the answer, Rock:

Daniela said:
The reason why I am getting this dog from Italy, is because she was offered to us. My parents have 2 Championship male Bernese Mountain docs that they always wanted to breed. We happen to be 100% Italian and the folks started chatting it up with Berner owners in Italy. My parents made quick friends with these particular breeders and they were kind enough to give them first choice of the females in the next litter. So, my husband and I are taking Lyric and the folks are keeping there 2. It just kinda fell into our laps.
My other 3 animals are born right here in the good ole US of A.

By the way, the other day while I was working at the airport, I came upon 2 puppies that looked similar as the one Daniela posted and I didn't get the connection until now. The lady I spoke with said these puppies are Bernese Mountain. I was petting one of the puppies for a few minutes then I had to go. Real cute!

arwen undomiel said:
On closer examination, we find the tabby is a male. He's definitely braver than the female - she's a bit timid right now. For now I'm keeping them separate from Esmers - I don't know how she'll take these two. I know she misses PJ, but not sure how she'll react to kittens.
They are sooo adorable!! Makes me want to go out and buy more kittens. But I remember what wild little poop machines they are, so I think I'll pass. The black one does look pretty timid-she's so wide-eyed! Good idea to keep them separated from the other cat for a while. Hopefully kitty will take them under his wing.

ARWEN-Oh my God, they are sooooo cute. I LOVE KITTY KITTIES!! I want to smush them, and kiss them and squeeze them and love them, and cuddle them and make them my own.

VF21 Thank you for responding to Rock for me. I was not trying to be rude, I just didn't have computer access for 3 days.

I might as well add pictures of my pets!

Here's Tommy whose about 8 years old

And Dusty, whose about 16 months old now. He's my spoiled baby.:D

And sleeping in his crate.

Here are the pictures of Lyric the day she arrived. The first one is her saying goodbye and getting ready to go on the plane. The other is of my father and Lyric at Vista Point in SF. She is up at mom and dads and doing very well. Eating like a "vacuum" and stealing my fathers slippers. He is supposed to be sending me more pics soon. I will post them.

Attachments

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
She's beautiful, Daniela. Now, make sure your Dad takes her all over the place and puts her in front of all kinds of things - I would definitely like to see her in front of Arco Arena!

:D

Great idea VF21. We will have to make a special trip, but well worth it. Maybe we can get her a little Kings jersey to wear. As you can see, she has a purple leesh. My doing thank you very much.

Here are some new pictures of our new baby Lyric. She is doing very well. A very hearty eater. She is a tank. She took one of my dads socks and buried in the little hole she has made for herself. The big boys have not warmed up to her yet. That will take some time. But she is running her little heart out and having a blast. We smush her a lot. She is a little out of focus on the one with her new brothers because she moved at that last second.

Attachments

ILV-Casey looks like a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. They are the short haired version of the Bernese. Casey is gorgeous. What great pic.

Daniela said:
ILV-Casey looks like a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. They are the short haired version of the Bernese. Casey is gorgeous. What great pic.
I get asked if she is an entlebucher...the smallest of the swissies'...she is only 45 pounds...and she is overweight...

I am hooked I love the breed now she is such a mellow dog.

Daniela said:
Is she a greater swiss?
I really don't know, I got her from the animal shelter, she was listed as a terrier mix and my vet thinks she is a border collie which I don't think she is border collie at all she is very laid back and they are really hyper.

She is a really good dog she has some issue with being timid from possibly being abused but she is really sweet.

Border Collie? I just don't see it. She really looks like the Greater Swiss, down to the brown on the front of the legs. In any case she is gorgeous and cute. Sounds like you have a good doggy there.

Thank you, your new puppy is gorgeous, I also have a shihzu/poodle puppy who is 7 months old. Oh the puppy stage.....its starting to settle down now.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Okay, I'm sorry but that is just WRONG! The second one looks like she killed something and took its pelt to wear as her own...

;)

I finally have my pet pictures scanned...
EDIT: Sorry they are HUGE and the first one is tilted

Here are my two dogs Chloe (Yorkie) and Samone (German Shepherd)--they are cute side by side..hehe

Here is a mug shot of Chloe--here eyes turned out so red in the picture

Here is a picture of my dog Samone (on the right) with my grandma's dog Sahara (pronounced Sarah on the left)...Samone and Sahara are real sisters