• One

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Zero

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The part of me that enjoys chaos would love to see what would happen if Orlando had the audacity to request to be awarded a win via forfeit. Would they even be safe to walk around the Bubble, after that?
Part of me still feels like the kings got screwed when the pelicans didn’t want to leave the locker room the last game pre bubble. Kings were ready and if we got a forfeit, maybe with that extra win, kings might have gone into the bubble with a different mindset. Prob not but hey.

I like you just want to see if a team has the balls to take the win and see what chaos erupts. Do other teams turn on them? Do people boycott the team? Would there be a boycott if it was game 7? I personally want them to just cancel the season. Why? Kings are out if it and it guarantees No lakers championship :p

Part of me still feels like the kings got screwed when the pelicans didn’t want to leave the locker room the last game pre bubble. Kings were ready and if we got a forfeit, maybe with that extra win, kings might have gone into the bubble with a different mindset. Prob not but hey.

I like you just want to see if a team has the balls to take the win and see what chaos erupts. Do other teams turn on them? Do people boycott the team? Would there be a boycott if it was game 7? I personally want them to just cancel the season. Why? Kings are out if it and it guarantees No lakers championship :p
Why should teams be mad at the Magic? They didnt cause the situation.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Why should teams be mad at the Magic? They didnt cause the situation.
That's not a serious question, it can't be.

And it's not a question of "should." It's a question of would they be. And, regardless of whether you agree or disagree, there's a level of cognitive dissonance, if you don't understand why they might be.

Well do we all get the day off with pay today too???

Will the players get docked one game pay?
Nah, the league will actually praise all of them for their activism and all that since that's the train the NBA is riding right now. With the current climate, I'm almost certain the NBA would get blasted for "suppressing free speech" or something of the sort if they try to implement a fine. This sucks for the fans but will mean little for the players. If anything it will just boost their public image.

Last edited:
Ah yes, the racism is bad train. How dare they
It's not about whether racism is bad or not. Of course it is. The NBA has gone all in and hitched itself to the movement however, so they're now at the mercy of allowing whatever form of protest/activism teams and players want to do, up to and including literally not playing games.

Whether you or any other fan support this extent of protest is totally up to you. That's perfectly fine. I'm just saying the league doesn't really have any control over what's happening with how far deep they've dipped into the social injustice pool. Any action against such activism will make them look like fools.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Been reading some of the stuff of the pro writers. If the players decide they won’t play the remainder of the bubble as their stance on this protest, then there goes the CBA and tv contracts Get torn up as the NBA wouldn’t be able to deliver. The players may want to keep this in mind if they want to keep their platform (NBA) intact. Its going to really get critical to keeping the NBA a viable business.

Been reading some of the stuff of the pro writers. If the players decide they won’t play the remainder of the bubble as their stance on this protest, then there goes the CBA and tv contracts Get torn up as the NBA wouldn’t be able to deliver. The players may want to keep this in mind if they want to keep their platform (NBA) intact. Its going to really get critical to keeping the NBA a viable business.
Lebron this close to a title. They ain’t stopping the season. They will boycott a few games, there will be interviews and messages that will bring awareness, but in the end, lebron will get his title.
Now if the players actually put their money where mouth is and boycott/cancel the rest of the season and give up their paychecks for the cause, that should show everyone they’re are doing it for show or when it’s convenient for them. I have a lot of respect for those players that where giving up a huge chunk of their paycheck for their cause or were out peacefully protesting with people and not just doing it for the camera.

It's not about whether racism is bad or not. Of course it is. The NBA has gone all in and hitched itself to the movement however, so they're now at the mercy of allowing whatever form of protest/activism teams and players want to do, up to and including literally not playing games.

Whether you or any other fan support this extent of protest is totally up to you. That's perfectly fine. I'm just saying the league doesn't really have any control over what's happening with how far deep they've dipped into the social injustice pool. Any action against such activism will make them look like fools.
There's a reason why 99% of jobs don't allow you to protest political and social justice issues on the clock or while representing them.

Now the league is stuck between a rock and a hard place because the second they tell the players that they have to do their jobs, they'll be labeled as racists, bigots and whatever else people want to come up with.

They've made their bed and now they must lie in it.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Now the league is stuck between a rock and a hard place because the second they tell the players that they have to do their jobs, they'll be labeled as racists, bigots and whatever else people want to come up with.
I would argue that, where that to happen, what we'd really find out is that the NBA needs the players more than the players need the NBA. This ain't the NFL: you can't just send 'scabs' out to play NBA basketball.

I would argue that, where that to happen, what we'd really find out is that the NBA needs the players more than the players need the NBA. This ain't the NFL: you can't just send 'scabs' out to play NBA basketball.
I really wouldn’t mind seeing them try. See who are team fans vs player fans.

What I’ve learned from the little break from the NBA before the bubble is as much as I love watching nba basketball, it wasn’t as important as I thought it was. I was able to spend more time doing other stuff with family or doing other things. All that stuff about the millions that should be going to essential workers vs athletes kind of rang true. But we all know the medical workers, public service, and now, teachers will never get what they deserve vs athletes but it would be nice to see way overpaid athletes see that the world of sports can move on without them.

Last edited:
I really don't know how I feel about this. If the games are just postponed, why bother. The point is lost if there is no sacrifice. Cancel the season in protest and live with the financial consequences I can be on board with. That goes for the league also. In my estimation, the league is "postponing" to try to get the players back on the court because of the financial consequences. That is the only reason the bubble was set up the way it was with the number of games played was to avoid the financial consequences.

If both teams refuse to play and the season continues, then the game is lost. If neither team can make it four wins, then neither can advance. Any team that can advance wins by the other teams unable to advance forfeiture.

That's the rock and a hard place I'm talking about. The NBA will take an insanely massive revenue hit if they let the players take over and turn the sport into their own political platform. People won't watch if the players leave and people won't watch if they have to get bombarded with this stuff when all they want to do is sit down, decompress and watch something that takes their mind off the world.

I don't think they thought this thing out very well.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
I really don't know how I feel about this. If the games are just postponed, why bother. The point is lost if there is no sacrifice. Cancel the season in protest and live with the financial consequences I can be on board with. That goes for the league also. In my estimation, the league is "postponing" to try to get the players back on the court because of the financial consequences. That is the only reason the bubble was set up the way it was with the number of games played was to avoid the financial consequences.

If both teams refuse to play and the season continues, then the game is lost. If neither team can make it four wins, then neither can advance. Any team that can advance wins by the other teams unable to advance forfeiture.
Rebuttal: I think that it was a statement that needed to be made, and I am not of the opinion that necessary statements require sacrifice.

Lebron this close to a title. They ain’t stopping the season. They will boycott a few games, there will be interviews and messages that will bring awareness, but in the end, lebron will get his title.
Now if the players actually put their money where mouth is and boycott/cancel the rest of the season and give up their paychecks for the cause, that should show everyone they’re are doing it for show or when it’s convenient for them. I have a lot of respect for those players that where giving up a huge chunk of their paycheck for their cause or were out peacefully protesting with people and not just doing it for the camera.
Lol ya lakers look good games will be played by the weekend. He’ll the bucks already said they want to olay

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
That's the rock and a hard place I'm talking about. The NBA will take an insanely massive revenue hit if they let the players take over and turn the sport into their own political platform. People won't watch if the players leave and people won't watch if they have to get bombarded with this stuff when all they want to do is sit down, decompress and watch something that takes their mind off the world.

I don't think they thought this thing out very well.
  1. Let them watch something else, then.
  2. With respect to the ongoing conversation in the ratings thread (shout out to @Insomniacal Fan), I don't think that your assessment of why people may or may not be watching is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.