Draymond being Draymond, 2023-24

dude12

Hall of Famer
I did watch the last quarter to that game. Agree with Nurkic, Dumbass Green was close to dirty plays once again. Gets super amped to the point of no control. Saw Kerr on the bench smiling after one play where Green drew a foul vs Nurkic, Nurk def did not like it and was ready to face off but Dumbass didn’t bite

I did watch the last quarter to that game. Agree with Nurkic, Dumbass Green was close to dirty plays once again. Gets super amped to the point of no control. Saw Kerr on the bench smiling after one play where Green drew a foul vs Nurkic, Nurk def did not like it and was ready to face off but Dumbass didn’t bite
Yeah, I watched it too. I got the same vibe. It’s only a matter of time.

The guy isn’t stable. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him do something stupid after his retirement from NBA. He won’t have anyone to protect him then.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It pains, pains, pains, PAINS me to point this out, but if you watch the fuller video it did look like there may have been some contact between Zubac's elbow and Draymond's face, and what we see in the second video is his reaction, grabbing his face. I think he sold it, but I don't think he hit himself in the face, that was reaction. I hate everything for making me take even an inch of Draymond's side. Cruel world.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
It pains, pains, pains, PAINS me to point this out, but if you watch the fuller video it did look like there may have been some contact between Zubac's elbow and Draymond's face, and what we see in the second video is his reaction, grabbing his face. I think he sold it, but I don't think he hit himself in the face, that was reaction. I hate everything for making me take even an inch of Draymond's side. Cruel world.
You and your god damned integrity... I always knew it would come back to bite you one of these days. :p

Here's the thing, he may have got hit on the initial contact jumping into Zubac, but then he lands and jumps again before reacting. If you get elbowed in the face your not jumping again.

Here's the thing, he may have got hit on the initial contact jumping into Zubac, but then he lands and jumps again before reacting. If you get elbowed in the face your not jumping again.
You're assuming the elbow contact was on the initial hit, but what if it actually caught him on the second time up? Also, depending on the severity of the initial hit, it might not have phased him enough for him NOT to be able to jump for a block attempt or rebound attempt, and it was that second contact that caught him good enough to knock him to the ground.

You're assuming the elbow contact was on the initial hit, but what if it actually caught him on the second time up? Also, depending on the severity of the initial hit, it might not have phased him enough for him NOT to be able to jump for a block attempt or rebound attempt, and it was that second contact that caught him good enough to knock him to the ground.
Zubac's left arm is down at his side on the second jump.

Unless you're concussed or have a serious leg injury, there's really no reason whatsoever for players to lay on the ground for that long. He's not the only guy who does it. It's all just some of the biggest and strongest dudes on the planet being drama queens.
Fans that have payed good money for a seat can’t vomit on the court without stopping play because it’s a “safety hazard” but this guy can lay in the paint for four plays. Ugh.

Zubac's left arm is down at his side on the second jump.
That's what it looks like at the end of the video, but you can't conclude 100% that his arm was at his side throughout the entire play.

I'm not trying to argue or deny your claim, just to be clear. I'm just pointing out that, sometimes, what you see on a replay is not necessarily what actually happened in real time.

I am also not trying to say that Draymond has a valid argument that Zubac's elbow made contact with his face because, based on the videos I have seen, it doesn't look like it did. But, I will play a little bit of devil's advocate here and say that I would want to see a different angle to confidently conclude (i.e. 100%) that Draymond overreacted in order to get the benefit of the doubt. Right now? I am at about 80%.

Are you sure you want to stick by "sometimes, what you see on a replay is not necessarily what actually happened in real time"?
Our judicial system relys on the opposite of that statement quite often. Maybe you meant something else.

Last edited:
Are you sure you want to stick by "sometimes, what you see on a replay is not necessarily what actually happened in real time"?
Our judicial system relays on the opposite of that statement quite often. Maybe you meant something else.
Sorry, what I meant to say was...

Sometimes, what you think happened in real time is not necessarily what the replay shows, and proves, happened.

Don't get me wrong here...I am in no way, shape, or form trying to defend Draymond. All I am trying to say here is, based on the replays in the tweet that was posted, it is difficult for me to say with 100% confidence that Zubac did not make contact with his left elbow, since we only saw the view from his right side. At first glance, it sure does not seem like he made contact, and Draymond may have overreacted. But I am not going to sit here and say that, based on those replays, absolutely no contact was made. I need to see additional replays from different angles in order to be 100% certain.

Zubac makes two moves for the ball with his right arm. Neither of which look like they hit Draymond in any way that warrants his reaction.
The question is not if he made contact with his right arm which, from the videos, one can easily conclude that he did not. The question is if his left elbow may have caught Draymond (even if ever so slightly) at any point during the motion? Based on the videos seen on that tweet, it isn't as clear to me as some are making it out to be. Am I saying that any contact with that left elbow was intentional? Absolutely not, because it would have made contact due to a reasonable basketball motion. I am just saying that I won't jump into any conclusions that there was absolutely ZERO contact by Zubac's left elbow (or any part of his left arm) until I am able to see a replay from that side of the court.

His left arm never really moves toward the ball or dray? Its up then down, between the right arm swipes. Never near drays face.
Again, based on the videos provided, it looks that way, but an alternate view COULD potentially tell us otherwise. That's what I am saying...From the view we are given, it looks like his left arm never made contact with any part of Draymond's body, but I am also acknowledging that the angle that is presented doesn't clearly show the entire movement of his left arm, as the view is somewhat obstructed.

Again, based on the videos provided, it looks that way, but an alternate view COULD potentially tell us otherwise. That's what I am saying...From the view we are given, it looks like his left arm never made contact with any part of Draymond's body, but I am also acknowledging that the angle that is presented doesn't clearly show the entire movement of his left arm, as the view is somewhat obstructed.
He would need to be flash gordon to have his elbow hit Dray in the face then his arm be down in the next few frames.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Draymond shoots and misses, the ball comes off the rim and Draymond jumps to tip it. The tipped ball hits the bottom of the rim as Draymond lands. Draymond begins another jump to swat at the ball through Zubac (probably a foul on Draymond) as Zubac turns to his right to follow the ball. The contact from Zubac's right elbow to Green's chin happens as Draymond is already in the process of beginning his "final" jump. It does appear that Green's head jars very slightly; the contact may not have been very strong, but it appears to have happened. Draymond takes a few hundred milliseconds to react to the contact, which is completely normal, and since he was already in the process of jumping and swatting as it happened, there should be no surprise that the jump and swat continued - in fact it appears that the jump may have been a part of the contact in that Draymond's jump was moving his head into Zubac's elbow at the same time that Zubac's turn brings his elbow into Draymond.