DOMAS BACK!!!

Supposedly the Luthiuanian coach gave an interview stating that he couldn't play bc of hand surgery. Turns out he isn't playing to rest and recuperate without surgery. Smart.
I came to post about the details of the contract
Once we know the bonus incentives, I think this becomes even more team friendly. Not a lot of max type guys agreeing to any non-guaranteed money. It's commendable.

You are right in the fact that this is something you have to do to secure him.

My issue is his game and performance in the playoffs.

We need to stop talking about the regular season like it matters that much.

Stars need to perform in the playoffs and if they don't perform in the playoffs why does it matter what they do in the regular season.

Was Domas worth 43 mil in the playoffs?

He wasn't.

He looked like a scrub at times.

Just calling it like I see it but I still agree that this is something you have to do and that I like Domas I think he can get to where he needs to get
Chill_out-:)_He_could_have_gone_for_the_surgery_and_rehab_Then_no_postseason_but_FIBA_WC_later

Chill_out-:)_He_could_have_gone_for_the_surgery_and_rehab_Then_no_postseason_but_FIBA_WC_later
The "We need to stop talking about the regular season like it matters that much." Is the part that got me. After 16 years of ONLY the regular season mattering for us, we just need to forget all that fellow Laker fans lol. Championship or bust is our mentality around here!

You are right in the fact that this is something you have to do to secure him.

My issue is his game and performance in the playoffs.

We need to stop talking about the regular season like it matters that much.

Stars need to perform in the playoffs and if they don't perform in the playoffs why does it matter what they do in the regular season.

Was Domas worth 43 mil in the playoffs?

He wasn't.

He looked like a scrub at times.

Just calling it like I see it but I still agree that this is something you have to do and that I like Domas I think he can get to where he needs to get
One season is all it took :)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
My favorite are all the criticisms about Sabonis not being able to finish with his right hand … when it was broken.

But big picture - I do agree we should be moving forward thinking about what is going work in the playoffs. And what the counters are when the other team blitzes the dribble hand off.
the counter is very simple, take the open mid-range jump shot and gang rebound as Sabonis will be the first to spring back on defense. Basketball doesn't always have to be chess.

This dude averaged 13 pts his THIRD year. How much did Keegan average his first year?

Keegan can be a 30 pt scorer. I don't think one member of the media or even the fanbase for that matter has any idea what we have on our hands here. I'm telling you... we have a Durant/Klay hybrid. A thirty point scorer. Just watch.
Calm your tagliatelle, Vincent. Let's start with 20 and go from there.

He'll be averaging 20 by the all star break.
As much as I would like that to happen, I doubt it. Not that I don't expect Keegan to be significantly better in his second year, but I don't expect him to get adequate opportunities for it.

Not only is he 3rd in the pecking order, we just signed another potential high scorer to play a position he could have spent some time on. Plus, not only do I think that he can't slide down to 2, we have that position covered with 2 high value players in Kevin and Monk. So, where are the minutes going to come from?

Even when he is on the floor, he will be contending for shots with Fox, Domas, Kevin, and Barnes. The good thing is that it's a good problem to have.

As much as I would like that to happen, I doubt it. Not that I don't expect Keegan to be significantly better in his second year, but I don't expect him to get adequate opportunities for it.
I agree.

I see Swipa averaging over 20 per usual. Domas will be between 18-20 ppg. HB will average his customary 14-16 ppg. And I'd expect Huerter to maintain close to 15 ppg. So Keegan, even with an increase in shot attempts, will likely be somewhere in the 14-17 ppg range.

If his scoring average exceeds that, it'll probably be because either Swipa or Domas go out of the lineup for a while. And no reasonable KINGS fan wants that.

FWIW, my expectations for Sasha are right where Keegan was last season. Around 12 ppg, but coming off the bench. If he exceeds expectations, he might replace HB in the starting lineup (moving Keegan over to the 3).

Last edited:
This dude averaged 13 pts his THIRD year. How much did Keegan average his first year?

Keegan can be a 30 pt scorer. I don't think one member of the media or even the fanbase for that matter has any idea what we have on our hands here. I'm telling you... we have a Durant/Klay hybrid. A thirty point scorer. Just watch.
Be careful, this is how all that Jason Thompson is going to be the next Chris Bosh stuff started back in the day and it's not always fair. Being a Durant has just as much to do with opportunity as it does ability. What Brown does next year with Keegan will be very telling as to his future. And just saying but in his third year Brown was the same age as Keegan in his rookie year.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I could see Sabonis taking less shots next season to make sure everybody is eating. Dude loves setting up his guys. Wasn't it Keegan who said Domas yells at him for passing up shots?

Fox is still gonna be big dog #1 on offense (as well he should be), but Keegan could easily slide to our #2 guy, especially if he's getting better at creating his own offense.

I mean, we're gonna average 120ppg next season as a team, a lot of people can average 20 per game. ;)

Keegs could push it to 18-20 ppg if he can keep his percentages 40/50/85+. Domas will average 8.0 assists. Would like to see Keegan get 7.0 boards a game too.
With that added strength the hope should be that Keegan now is tasked with guarding more towards the basket. Him having to guard SG's is something maybe you can call on but does almost nothing for what he can bring as a shotblocker and rebounder.

If you think danger is involved in rooting for a sports team, you and I are not the same.
Nah, but I've seen expectations largely based on usage revert to unnecessary player hatred and disappointment time and again. Sometimes players make it out the other side. Sometimes they don't. I dig the hope and can certainly see the reason for it, but getting to those upper reaches of beyond like 99% of the league requires more than skill, it requires a key to the city that opens up any door that player wants whenever they want it. It took years of franchise and coaching folly for De'Aaron Fox to finally make it out to that other side. And he's a major exception to the rule.

Nah, but I've seen expectations largely based on usage revert to unnecessary player hatred and disappointment time and again. Sometimes players make it out the other side. Sometimes they don't. I dig the hope and can certainly see the reason for it, but getting to those upper reaches of beyond like 99% of the league requires more than skill, it requires a key to the city that opens up any door that player wants whenever they want it. It took years of franchise and coaching folly for De'Aaron Fox to finally make it out to that other side. And he's a major exception to the rule.
Thank you for the concern for my future emotional well-being.

Luke Loucks has given one of the strongest hints I've ever seen from a coaching staff that Keegan is indeed being given the key to city. This is in part the basis for my hope. And this comes from a coaching staff and FO that is as tight lipped as they come.

I believe they see something even we don't see, and are prepared to act on it. Excited to find out what that is. Should be a fun season.

Last edited:
Thank you for the concern for my future emotional well-being.

Luke Loucks has given one of the strongest hints I've ever seen from a coaching staff that Keegan is indeed being given the key to city. This is in part the basis for my hope. And this comes from a coaching staff and FO that is as tight lipped as they come.

I believe they see something even we don't see, and are prepared to act on it. Excited to find out what that is. Should be a fun season.
I'll tell you what they see. They see a generational 3 level scorer with the prototypical body type for the next generation of players, who can also be a decent man defender from 2-4. And if he can create his own shot he can potentially be an unguardable triple threat player and the key to unlock what we all as fans have been waiting for: a Championship team.

I don't know why I even clicked on that link, but I did for some dumb reason. It's hard to even understand how they are establishing the standard for overrated. They have Rosen as 5th because his iso scoring prowess doesn't translate to wins, Kawai as 4th because he is injured a lot, Valanciunas as 3rd because double doubles don't mean as much as they used to, Dillon Brooks 2nd because he got a big contract and is a distraction with his antics and Domas gets number 1 since he had a bad playoff series against the warriors and he got a big contract.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don't know why I even clicked on that link, but I did for some dumb reason. It's hard to even understand how they are establishing the standard for overrated. They have Rosen as 5th because his iso scoring prowess doesn't translate to wins, Kawai as 4th because he is injured a lot, Valanciunas as 3rd because double doubles don't mean as much as they used to, Dillon Brooks 2nd because he got a big contract and is a distraction with his antics and Domas gets number 1 since he had a bad playoff series against the warriors and he got a big contract.
When a guy leads the league in rebounds, is 5th in assists (but only 11th in assists per game), is 6th in overall minutes played, is 10th in FG% and 9th in TS%, is 2nd in WS, 6th in VORP, well, you know...because he's only 15th in PER and BPM obviously he's got some serious shortcomings.