DOMAS BACK!!!

And there's your pick 24. Again, too conservative for my liking, but making sure you secure your All-NBA C is never a bad thing. Fox/Domas/Keegan all locked up for the foreseeable future.
You can look at it as conservative, or the fact that within the organization they believe in the current roster enough to trust them running it back with some small changes and see where we get. Probably also that none of the free agents are THAT that good to break up the roster for.

In Monte we trust. :)

I didn’t feel like there was ever a chance that he wouldn’t sign next off season, but I’ll take the assurance now! Things are only going to get better as this club continues to gel over time. Continuity is bigger than it seems.

I didn’t feel like there was ever a chance that he wouldn’t sign next off season, but I’ll take the assurance now! Things are only going to get better as this club continues to gel over time. Continuity is bigger than it seems.
Also if we believe in this roster, that means you also believe that they'll only get better and thus, the earlier you re-sign them the lesser they'll cost ya... haha

This is an overpay imo.

Sabonis needs to make sure he doesn't get worked by the Looney's of the league next year.

At the same time I trust that he's going to put in the work to make sure that doesn't happen again, or at least I hope so.

A midrange J would go a long way in helping Domas's game imo.

If we can knock that midrange J down he's worth that contract

This is an overpay imo.

Sabonis needs to make sure he doesn't get worked by the Looney's of the league next year.

At the same time I trust that he's going to put in the work to make sure that doesn't happen again, or at least I hope so.

I what world are you living that the third team all NBA center is an overpay? Have you seen the contract given out over the past two days? And no you can’t say they were all overpays….this is the current market rate.

I what world are you living that the third team all NBA center is an overpay? Have you seen the contract given out over the past two days? And no you can’t say they were all overpays….this is the current market rate.
In the world where he underperformed in the playoffs which is what matters.

And yes the contracts are ridiculous so I see your point there.

This is an overpay imo.

This is undervalued tbh for a player of his caliber. Where teams get in trouble is paying Kuzma 25mil/season, Bruce Brown 23 mil/season and Jerami Grant 32 mil/season. For your franchise cornerstone/top 20 player? 43mil is a bargain. They're never getting a player as talented as Sabonis again while Fox is still here on the team. He just put up one of the best seasons in Sac Kings history. No-brainer $$ wise.

This is undervalued tbh for a player of his caliber. Where teams get in trouble is paying Kuzma 25mil/season, Bruce Brown 23 mil/season and Jerami Grant 32 mil/season. For your franchise cornerstone/top 20 player? 43mil is a bargain. They're never getting a player as talented as Sabonis again while Fox is still here on the team. He just put up one of the best seasons in Sac Kings history. No-brainer $$ wise.
You are right in the fact that this is something you have to do to secure him.

My issue is his game and performance in the playoffs.

We need to stop talking about the regular season like it matters that much.

Stars need to perform in the playoffs and if they don't perform in the playoffs why does it matter what they do in the regular season.

Was Domas worth 43 mil in the playoffs?

He wasn't.

He looked like a scrub at times.

Just calling it like I see it but I still agree that this is something you have to do and that I like Domas I think he can get to where he needs to get

Not only it is obviously fantastic to have Domas locked up for the next FIVE years... doing this now is a culture enhancer, and a statement move. Domas is the clear emotional leader and senior statesman in the locker room, and this contract reflects that. Glad to see there was no playing chicken or funny business whatsoever by the FO. You get it done, and you get it done now. Great move.

You are right in the fact that this is something you have to do to secure him.

My issue is his game and performance in the playoffs.

We need to stop talking about the regular season like it matters that much.

Stars need to perform in the playoffs and if they don't perform in the playoffs why does it matter what they do in the regular season.

Was Domas worth 43 mil in the playoffs?

He wasn't.

He looked like a scrub at times.

Just calling it like I see it but I still agree that this is something you have to do and that I like Domas I think he can get to where he needs to get
I'll start getting on Domas's playoff performance when he goes in not at 50% health. Gets stomped on, gets a black eye, broken finger. Fox was bad after he broke his finger, should we get on him too?

I don't understand why no one will answer this, but why was he comfortable shooting open looks in the regular season and all of a sudden just flat stopped in the playoffs? A big part of his jump to All-NBA last year was the fact he was willing to take open jumpers. Something happened behind the scenes with his finger imo and I'm not going to worry about it at all unless he stops shooting next year/next playoffs too.

AND despite all that, if Huerter and HB play like actual NBA players, we win the series in 6 games.