Domantas Sabonis Any Questions?

I watched maybe 90%+ of Domas games in Indiana. Was a frequent participant on Pacer's Digest. All Pacers fans had one thing in common - Domas was untradeable. Rick made it happen though.
Untradable as in nobody wanted him or untradable as in we can't let him go??

Because right now I can tell you he is firmly in the latter category and likely will be for the next decade.

Untradable as in nobody wanted him or untradable as in we can't let him go??

Because right now I can tell you he is firmly in the latter category and likely will be for the next decade.
You made me smile :) Maybe i should have used "untouchable". Fans would rather have Pacers move to Vegas than trade Domas. Rick screwed up everything. Plus injuries. Kings are lucky to have 2 'untouchable" players in Domas and Fox.
BTW, lot's of bball fans were pretty scared because for a short time, even before Rick came, the idea was floating in the air of a possible trade of Domas to GSW. Though things worked out even better for Domas. With the Warriors he would have been forever labeled as a sidekick, while in Sacramento he can write his own story. Domas, like Fox, is nobody's sidekick. I don't think that kings even a concept of a sidekick. The whole team is clicking like a fine tuned machine where everybody is as important as the main parts.

Would be surprised if Domas is not Wests player of the Week.2 triple doubles and team 3 and 0

I got mixed up with the time zones and began to watch yesterdays game when the score was 62-56 (something like that). Domas was everywhere on the court. Even though he didn't get his usual double-double, MB in the press conference acknowledged Domas' input in the paint. In clutch time he dove on the floor, got a jump ball, team got possession and team scored. Fox is clutch with the points, Domas is clutch always in his own head :)

A Formal Apology To The Kings and Their Fans...
It's good to see Reddick walk back that atrocious initial take on the Haliburton/Sabonis trade. I really like his podcast on the whole. I think he's got a smart, modern approach to dissecting the game that is even-handed and approachable for the average fan, and he generally doesn't fall prey to the kind of "hot take" syndrome that infects a lot of sports commentary in order to juice the views/listens/likes/shares/whatever's. That said, his initial read on the trade was just terribly misguided, even amidst the sea of awful takes that were being birthed around the league in the wake of the trade, and I'm glad Reddick was man enough to apologize and to be guided by the data, which clearly illustrates just how much of a win the trade ultimately was for the Kings.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
It's good to see Reddick walk back that atrocious initial take on the Haliburton/Sabonis trade. I really like his podcast on the whole. I think he's got a smart, modern approach to dissecting the game that is even-handed and approachable for the average fan, and he generally doesn't fall prey to the kind of "hot take" syndrome that infects a lot of sports commentary in order to juice the views/listens/likes/shares/whatever's. That said, his initial read on the trade was just terribly misguided, even amidst the sea of awful takes that were being birthed around the league in the wake of the trade, and I'm glad Reddick was man enough to apologize and to be guided by the data, which clearly illustrates just how much of a win the trade ultimately was for the Kings.
I like JJ's podcast too. I always gave him a bit of a pass for his take on that trade because he had Tyrese Haliburton on the show all last season as a recurring guest and I figured a big part of his reaction had to do with his guy, a rising star in just his second season, seemingly being discarded by the losing-est franchise in the sport and the message that might send about our willingness to compete. Ultimately all of those takes were disrespectful of the player and person that Sabonis is and the dramatic change in our Kings' fortunes this season speak to that. So good for him in formally acknowledging his mistake.

He has what's commonly referred to as skiers thumb, or an avulsion fracture. It's basically when you tear the ligament of the bone.

https://www.physio-pedia.com/Skier's_thumb

It's highly painful, it takes forever to heal, but, you really aren't making it worse. He already said he will most likely need surgery in the offseason to repair it. It's just not healing as fast because he's using it all the time.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I like JJ's podcast too. I always gave him a bit of a pass for his take on that trade because he had Tyrese Haliburton on the show all last season as a recurring guest and I figured a big part of his reaction had to do with his guy, a rising star in just his second season, seemingly being discarded by the losing-est franchise in the sport and the message that might send about our willingness to compete. Ultimately all of those takes were disrespectful of the player and person that Sabonis is and the dramatic change in our Kings' fortunes this season speak to that. So good for him in formally acknowledging his mistake.
This is sorta the thing that kills me. We had the longest drought but I'm pretty sure we aren't the losingest team in the league. We just suck at being bad enough to get good quick. But we've been the worst team in the league during the drought exactly once. Usually we are around the 7th to 9th worst.

I looked it up - not sure what the 2023 end date is here, I doubt it is current as of last night's games, but site is https://champsorchumps.us/records/most-nba-wins-since-2000
image_2023-03-14_151613653.png

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This is sorta the thing that kills me. We had the longest drought but I'm pretty sure we aren't the losingest team in the league. We just suck at being bad enough to get good quick. But we've been the worst team in the league during the drought exactly once. Usually we are around the 7th to 9th worst.

I looked it up - not sure what the 2023 end date is here, I doubt it is current as of last night's games, but site is https://champsorchumps.us/records/most-nba-wins-since-2000
View attachment 11663
I see what you mean, and typically as fans we've often bemoaned this franchise's inability to lose more games when losing might help, but I was just trying to evoke the perception of the Kings more than the reality with that comment. Loser-iest? Most easy team to mock? The team that drafted Bagley over a first ballot Hall of Famer?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I see what you mean, and typically as fans we've often bemoaned this franchise's inability to lose more games when losing might help, but I was just trying to evoke the perception of the Kings more than the reality with that comment. Loser-iest? Most easy team to mock? The team that drafted Bagley over a first ballot Hall of Famer?
I know what you're saying and yet before even looking at this list I would say that the Hornets and T'wolves are two teams I oft cite as teams I'd rather be us than. And I'd have put the Pelicans down before last season. Now my faith in them is shook again. Every time those teams start to show a hint of promise they fall apart and I've seen nothing from their owners that convince me they will have sustained success. Curious about Houston and Detroit's current stewardship as well, and frankly Orlando seems like they get bailed out by multiple high draft picks but they are also consistently bad at team building.

Domas has 11 triple doubles this season. Second most in the NBA, after the Jokic, who averages triple double for the season. Luka is currently second with 10.
I wonder, if anyone if their sweetest dream had seen this like 2-3 months into the season? Domas to have mot triple doubles than Luka? Nice :) Proves that resilience and determination to do things the right way still has a place in this world.

The only question I have is...

How freaking good will Domas look surrounded by all of that hardware in June??? :p:p:p

In all honesty, no questions...Rather than finding questions to ask, I have decided that it be best if I just enjoy the ride, soak it all in, and take whatever end result this team gives us. Because, ladies and gentlemen, whatever end result this team gives us at the end of the day will be infinitely better than the end result any of the previous 16 versions of the Sacramento Kings have been able to give us.
Bumping this post...

Just because the question that I posed back then might be much closer to being answered than any of us could have ever imagined coming into this season...:p:p:p

How nice it would be to beat Luka in the playoffs ...and then again ....again and again. Kings will become cursed for Luka and then he'll ask for a trade to the east.