DeMya Walker Out Six Months With Knee Injury

My first reaction when I read it: "Oh, crap!" :(

Poor girl! I guess she's out for this season. Who should the M's put in DeMya's place?

THAT IS NOT GOOD!!!:( For DeMya or for the Monarchs organization. This girl can not catch a break. Oh well, we move on. God bless DeMya, Zachara and family.

Last edited:
...and on a somewhat related note, another player has been lost to a knee injury today! Lindsey Harding of the Minnesota Lynx is out for the season. She tore her ACL at mid-season last year.

I smell retirement in the near future.

Dang, this blows big time.

If there is a silver lining, at least we know about her injury before we need to scale down our roster and cut people.

Folks on this board seem to think we've got some really good players in camp. (I won't know until tomorrow night)

I feel so horrible about this.....not for myself, but for DeMya. She's a warrior and wants to be on the court again.

ooh ... that really socks ...

but after i felt sorry for myself. now i feel worse for DeMya ... that's tough, tough mentally too ... i hope we can send some get better emails again ... :, (

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
ACKKKKKKKKK!

Poor DeMya. A person can only come back from so many knee injuries.

Is Harper back yet? She is going to have big shoes to fill. Also, they will need to keep Issa who can play C while Brunson is playing PF.

:(

Three years in a row I won't be able to watch DeMya play. I wish her (another) safe, full, and speedy recovery. I don't know what else to say...

:(

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
3 yrs in a row??? Last year she was out, this year she is out...then what happened the first time?
She went down with a knee injury late in the season and was out of the playoffs.........or was the injury during the playoffs before the finals. Heck! I'm getting old and just can't remember such detail anymore. :eek:

Seems like DeMya's situation is going to be like Shareef Abdul Rahim's of the Kings Still has the talent, but the knees just aren't (going to be) there

She went down with a knee injury late in the season and was out of the playoffs.........or was the injury during the playoffs before the finals. Heck! I'm getting old and just can't remember such detail anymore. :eek:
I was there when it happened and still have the pictures in my computer. They hurt too much to view. :(

DeMya played:

22 of 34 games in '05
23 in '06
5 in '07
0 in '08

Total: She has only played 50 of 136 possible games in the past four years. Man that sucks!!:(

Ohh! This totally sucks. I was really looking forward to seeing DeMya play this season. Not another knee injury. First Harding and Not DeMya. What is going on these days with injuries?:mad: I mean these players work so hard to come back and then all of sudden you hear they are injured again. First Yo and now DeMya. My thought and prayers goes out to her. Hope she''ll be back on the court before six months.
Tiffany(chicago)

This is terrible for DeMya and the team. However, when I first heard Yo was gone, my first thought was, "Well we can't count on DeMya on the frontline, not with those knees." I'm so sorry that what I feared would happen actually has happened.

Honestly, I don't think we're ever going to be able to count on her as a full-time starter again. And I feel terrible about that. :( Hopefully she can play again, but I'm not going to expect it. I think the team has to plan the future as if she won't be part of it. If she can play again, then it's gravy.

After working so hard to get back, then this. My heart goes out to DeMya. She must be devastated.

Awww crap! This is a huge blow to us. Not sure if DeMya will ever be able to stay healthy enough to play much for the Monarchs in the future, and I don't think she'll ever start for us again. Such is life.

Good luck in rehab, DeMya!