Demand ESPN release 30 for 30 Down in the Valley-Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't let me complete the survey because I don't have any form of social media.
I didn't have to link any social media. There is a small link at the bottom of that page that says something like "skip for now." I even used a false email because I didn't want them to use my email for anything. I was still able to register my name for the petition. I would love for one day to be able to watch this.

As for another poster talking about opening up a can of worms for people if this gets released, that is not of my concern. There haven't been too many real victories for Sacramento Kings fans since the good ole days and it would be nice to relive and enjoy the biggest one in recent years. A tremendous achievement by all involved that should be recognized and celebrated.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Opening cans of worms or not, I can say with almost complete certainty that this petition will fall on deaf, deaf ears at ESPN. A million signatures likely does not get Down In The Valley released, a thousand likely won't even merit a rejection in acknowledgment.

I didn't have to link any social media. There is a small link at the bottom of that page that says something like "skip for now." I even used a false email because I didn't want them to use my email for anything. I was still able to register my name for the petition. I would love for one day to be able to watch this.

As for another poster talking about opening up a can of worms for people if this gets released, that is not of my concern. There haven't been too many real victories for Sacramento Kings fans since the good ole days and it would be nice to relive and enjoy the biggest one in recent years. A tremendous achievement by all involved that should be recognized and celebrated.
The film recognized and celebrated just one person. Not a community. Not a fan base.

The film recognized and celebrated just one person. Not a community. Not a fan base.
I understand your opinion on the matter but I would prefer to come to my own conclusion as to what to take away from the film if given the chance to see it.

It's never going to be released.

Online petitions accomplish nothing for a cause.

If you want to watch it, I am sure someone out there has a copy. :)
I'm open to PM's on where or how to see it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Like I said, I will decide that on my own if I ever get to see the film.
You're missing the point - in fact, a couple of them.

1. The can of worms that would be opened is exactly why the film will never be released publicly. Both Mike0476 and Ryan (GOOD TO SEE BOTH OF YOU, BTW) have first-hand knowledge of what went on and why the plug was pulled.

2. If you're in the Sacramento area, I would strongly suggest you drop a PM to the guy in the camo hat. Re-read post #11.

You're missing the point - in fact, a couple of them.

1. The can of worms that would be opened is exactly why the film will never be released publicly. Both Mike0476 and Ryan (GOOD TO SEE BOTH OF YOU, BTW) have first-hand knowledge of what went on and why the plug was pulled.

2. If you're in the Sacramento area, I would strongly suggest you drop a PM to the guy in the camo hat. Re-read post #11.
No, I understand what is being said. I would just prefer to see it regardless of the can of worms. If that is selfishness then so be it I guess. I'm not trying to an ahole. I understand ESPN will never release the film. I would just really like see the film no matter how narrowly focused on certain aspects of the whole ordeal it might be. I love the Kings and good or bad or whatever the film turned out to be I am very curious to watch it and to form my own opinion. I also know of Mike, not just from this board but from watching youtube videos of the rallies and city council meetings etc that he was a big part of the community. I have nothing but respect for all the hard work he and all the others put in towards keeping the Kings in Sacramento. It's obvious from the responses in this thread that all were not recognized which is unfortunate.

Unfortunately I'm not in the Sacramento area anymore, as I moved abroad. I would definitely take him up on it if it were possible :)

Wasn't there another film being made during or after the ESPN one that also has yet to be released?

Wait...is the outrage over KJ, the scummy person he is, being profiled in this doc? Or because people like Mike were not profiled? While I dislike KJ as much as the next guy , and while I think it’s great what some of these groups did to help support the team and the cause....let’s be real here...he was the reason Sacramento was able to keep the Kings. Now if they wanted to do a doc about a loyal fan base , then yes I could understand. Or was that the point of the doc? Lol. I thought it was supposed to be about how Sacramento kept the Kings

No, I understand what is being said. I would just prefer to see it regardless of the can of worms. If that is selfishness then so be it I guess. I'm not trying to an ahole. I understand ESPN will never release the film. I would just really like see the film no matter how narrowly focused on certain aspects of the whole ordeal it might be. I love the Kings and good or bad or whatever the film turned out to be I am very curious to watch it and to form my own opinion. I also know of Mike, not just from this board but from watching youtube videos of the rallies and city council meetings etc that he was a big part of the community. I have nothing but respect for all the hard work he and all the others put in towards keeping the Kings in Sacramento. It's obvious from the responses in this thread that all were not recognized which is unfortunate.

Unfortunately I'm not in the Sacramento area anymore, as I moved abroad. I would definitely take him up on it if it were possible :)

Wasn't there another film being made during or after the ESPN one that also has yet to be released?
Appreciate your kind words.

Wait...is the outrage over KJ, the scummy person he is, being profiled in this doc? Or because people like Mike were not profiled? While I dislike KJ as much as the next guy , and while I think it’s great what some of these groups did to help support the team and the cause....let’s be real here...he was the reason Sacramento was able to keep the Kings. Now if they wanted to do a doc about a loyal fan base , then yes I could understand. Or was that the point of the doc? Lol. I thought it was supposed to be about how Sacramento kept the Kings
I haven’t expressed any outrage.

All I said was the documentary focused on one person (with some historical information on the Kings) and that it will never be publically released.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes, from what I understand, the reason it was pulled was because of how much an integral part KJ played. In a nutshell, it will never be released because the political fallout would be too great. We have a steadfast rule against talking politics here at KF so I'm going to leave it at that.

I didn't mean to start anything. For my own selfish reasons I would love to see this. I waited for so long and then for the film to be pulled no matter what the reason. If anyone has a copy. I would love to see it. So I guess I will put that out there
thanks
all

Status
Not open for further replies.