DeAaron Fox

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Fox said he wants to be 1st team All Defense this year in the NBA. What NBA point guard is better defensively than he is? He wants to lead the league in steals. Who's going to doubt him? Jerry Reynolds said on the post game that in two or three years he could be the best point guard in the NBA. I totally agree.

Before the 2017 NBA draft, I made the statement on this very site that if I was a GM, I would take De'Aaron Fox with the #1 pick.

That statement is looking better and better with each passing game. I liked FOX and Josh Jackson in that draft, but said I leaned more with FOX. He was my guy from day 1. He's just a special talent. And what we saw tonight is really only the beginning if he keeps working hard at it.

Fox said he wants to be 1st team All Defense this year in the NBA. What NBA point guard is better defensively than he is? He wants to lead the league in steals. Who's going to doubt him? Jerry Reynolds said on the post game that in two or three years he could be the best point guard in the NBA. I totally agree.
Defense I didn’t know that was allowed anymore

Defense I didn’t know that was allowed anymore
There is something to this track meet style the KINGS are playing leading to it's own defense. The Hawks were shooting over 60% to the KINGS 54% at one point in the early 2nd half. But the Hawks ended the game at 48.3%.

On this road trip, the opponents are wearing out in the 2nd half while the KINGS get stronger and their shooting seems to improve. They keep getting easier shots.

Before the 2017 NBA draft, I made the statement on this very site that if I was a GM, I would take De'Aaron Fox with the #1 pick.

That statement is looking better and better with each passing game. I liked FOX and Josh Jackson in that draft, but said I leaned more with FOX. He was my guy from day 1. He's just a special talent. And what we saw tonight is really only the beginning if he keeps working hard at it.
You (and Vlade) had it right then cuz Fox is the best player from that draft, which is gonna prove to be quite good..

I jumped on the Kings bandwagon here a few months before the draft anticipating that Fox would be the pick.

I can't even truly say I'm surprised by efforts like tonight, he is overqualified for the position of starting PG. Ever since the first time I saw De'Aaron on the court I thought that he had potential to be big-time and all the tools to reach it.

These announcers aren't gonna be calling him De'Andre next year!! His rise to stardom is a fait accompli.

Last edited:
Lakers fans are the most delusional fans I have ever come across. You think we would be used to it, but we're not. :confused:
The only sports fans who think Little Giants is a blueprint for how sports are supposed to work.

No need to say more than that, right?

I'm sticking with Conley Jr comparison. Its not just Fox though. The team's offense is on blast off. Bring on the Warriors even if they lose. To be the best, .......

You're going to dislocate your shoulder with all that patting on the back you're doing.

You're going to dislocate your shoulder with all that patting on the back you're doing.
You're totally right. Jerk move, but I had to do it. Sorry. :) Reading back through that thread made me a bit angry as many were so certain FOX wasn't worth the #5 and said so very vehemently. Since those threads never get bumped due to site policy, those people rarely eat crow over it. It just kinda gets forgotten.

When I'm wrong, I can admit it. I even started a thread not long ago eating crow for my comments about offering Zach LaVine a contract during the Summer. I now see why Vlade did what he did and admitted I was wrong. So please forgive me for taking credit when I get something right ;)

I've actually been pretty good with my draft favorites over the years. I wanted Steph Curry in 2009, Big Cuz in 2010, Kidd-Gilchrist or Lillard in 2012, Marcus Smart in 2014, and Willie Trill in 2015.

Admittedly, I was ok with the Jimmer pick in 2011 and not totally soured with McLemore in 2013 or Stauskas in 2014 when those picks happened, but wasn't lobbying for them either. And I really had no idea about the Greek Freak as Geoff Petrie did when he told the Kings to bring him in for a workout.

Love watching the 2H highlights when Bazemore and Lin were guarding Fox.

You could tell that defenders are now in no-mans land. They're giving him a foot of space and their posture is shaded for him to drive. Fox has perfected his game by slowing down there, holding defenders in no mans land, drawing help defenders his way then passing the ball to open teammates, pulling up, or driving depending on the situation. Simply Beautiful.