DeAaron Fox - meeting expectations?

Is DeAaron Fox meeting your expectations?

• He's not quite as good as I thought he'd be.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm disappointed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The continuous injury thing is starting to raise an eyebrow.. Given his importance we need to assume he will be good in the future with strengthening/conditioning

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
The continuous injury thing is starting to raise an eyebrow.. Given his importance we need to assume he will be good in the future with strengthening/conditioning
Conditioning will help allot, but in a large part injuries are just part of the price players with high flying style of play pay for their game.

Conditioning will help allot, but in a large part injuries are just part of the price players with high flying style of play pay for their game.
I hope not, because if he be penciled in to play 68+, it would really detract from whether or not we should have selected him

I’m hoping he will string health together in the coming seasons

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I hope not, because if he be penciled in to play 68+, it would really detract from whether or not we should have selected him

I’m hoping he will string health together in the coming seasons
Me too, but it will be vital that Vlade keep the team staked with 3 solid point options especially since Mason may be prone o some of the same injuries.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
So do you think Fox will become more of a Wall type of player or more like AI?
Neither? Definitely not an AI -- that's a whole different breed of player. PG in name only. Philly tried for years to find the perfect big guard who could act as Iverson's defacto point guard and it never worked out for them. I don't think Fox is aggressive enough as a scorer or creative enough as a playmaker to be John Wall either though he does have the same end to end speed with the ball (maybe even a little more?)

A better comparison might be Kyle Lowry. They're not at all similar in body type but Lowry was a poor shooter who could get to the basket and score and then worked hard and became a very good shooter while playing above average defense and running the offense competently and effectively. Fox's game is about speed where Lowry's is about strength but I can see him having a similar impact on both ends if he keeps progressing.

Neither? Definitely not an AI -- that's a whole different breed of player. PG in name only. Philly tried for years to find the perfect big guard who could act as Iverson's defacto point guard and it never worked out for them. I don't think Fox is aggressive enough as a scorer or creative enough as a playmaker to be John Wall either though he does have the same end to end speed with the ball (maybe even a little more?)
Not to say Fox is like Iverson because it’s too early to tell but the ironic point is we’ve got that guy. And if we end up drafting Doncic we will have two of them!

So if Fox is best playing like Iverson in the half court let him.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Early in the season, it was tough to get excited about Fox.

Now I can't wait to see what kind of game he'll have next. The growth has been very encouraging!

He has a way to go with the PG skill set, but I'm optimistic. Worst case, we have Bogs helping out in the halfcourt!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
\\\
Early in the season, it was tough to get excited about Fox.

Now I can't wait to see what kind of game he'll have next. The growth has been very encouraging!

He has a way to go with the PG skill set, but I'm optimistic. Worst case, we have Bogs helping out in the halfcourt!
Per-36, he's only .3 asts short of what Russ averaged as a rookie (5.9 v 5.6). Not saying that Fox is the next Russ or anything but it's not like he's completely useless as a PG out there (should also be pointed out that Joerger's altered Princeton base system has never really been a great system if you're into big point guard stats going back to the days of Bibby and Bobby running the elbows off of Vlade and C-Webb so it might not mater too much anyways)

A lot of Fox's shooting problems were in his head. You can see his level of confidence growing every few games. His shooting ability was on display during the NCAA Tournament under the bright lights at aged 19. I knew he could shoot after watching those games.

\\\

Per-36, he's only .3 asts short of what Russ averaged as a rookie (5.9 v 5.6). Not saying that Fox is the next Russ or anything but it's not like he's completely useless as a PG out there (should also be pointed out that Joerger's altered Princeton base system has never really been a great system if you're into big point guard stats going back to the days of Bibby and Bobby running the elbows off of Vlade and C-Webb so it might not mater too much anyways)
That would be the same Russ whose team never won anything and whose “stacked” team currently sits in 5th place in the West. 1 game ahead of Portland with another score first set of guards.

If the team is going to win like Houston someone on the team has to be looking to get people the ball in could spots like Chris Paul.

I see bogs ability to get to the middle and work in the pick and roll and his threat of the 3 is a product of his experience. If he was quicker he would be scary good.

Give Fox a couple of years and team him up with a big that can actually hit a 15 footer we will have our best guard I have seen here.

That would be the same Russ whose team never won anything and whose “stacked” team currently sits in 5th place in the West. 1 game ahead of Portland with another score first set of guards.

If the team is going to win like Houston someone on the team has to be looking to get people the ball in could spots like Chris Paul.
The very same Russ who averaged a triple double and who has been to the NBA finals. Yes.

Is that the same Chris Paul who's done even less than Westbrook in his career?

Don't know about you, but I'd take constantly living in the conference finals and a Finals appearance in the last 8 years as a fan. Certainly better than hoping for Lins for 11 freaking years in a row

Yea i couldn't understand where that whole "he's an awful shooter" thing came from. You could see that it wasn't
great, but thats something you can say about many players. He has certainly exceeded my expectations for this season,
and I am absolutely in love with this kids current game, ceiling and personality all at once.

What exactly has Houston won again please remind me?

Are you forgetting that at OKC was a whisker away from knocking off GSW in a WC finals a couple of seasons ago? If KD didn't start crapting bricks late in that game OKC might have a championship to show for it.

Don't know about you, but I'd take constantly living in the conference finals and a Finals appearance in the last 8 years as a fan. Certainly better than hoping for Lins for 11 freaking years in a row
If I'm not wrong there's a certain PG in San Antonio who has won more than both Paul and Westbrook combined, who in his younger days was known for his speed, not being a natural playmaker and ability to score despite not being a good outside shooter.

If I'm not wrong there's a certain PG in San Antonio who has won more than both Paul and Westbrook combined, who in his younger days was known for his speed, not being a natural playmaker and ability to score despite not being a good outside shooter.
Right and Pop kicked his butt until he became better.

Well, that's gonna leave a mark. :p
Not really as I don’t care about individual stats at the expense of team play. (Disclaimer: not saying Fox is like Russ)

Russ is the epitome of what’s wrong with some NBA players. All personal stats and mediocre team team results. OKC can’t even beat San Antonio much less Houston.