De'Aaron Fox, Harrison Barnes & Corey Brewer debate Steph vs. Dame, ROY, and more | ROAD TRIPPIN'

This really reminds me that Fox is only 21.

Some good soundbites. I love CB, they should totally bring him back to help the kids. #TellMarvtogoright
I agree with both. We really forget how young fox is and this episode really reminds me. Damn millennials :p Brewer and Barnes do seem like good role models and I wouldn’t mind seeing both of them back next season.

I agree with both. We really forget how young fox is and this episode really reminds me. Damn millennials :p Brewer and Barnes do seem like good role models and I wouldn’t mind seeing both of them back next season.
Well Barnes just needs to opt-in, right? Who would opt-out of a 25 mil guaranteed contract? That'll make him the 35th best-paid NBA player next year, and 15th best-paid forward. (Side banter: Is he the 15th best forward in the league?) But either way, I don't think anyone is paying him that out there.

CB seems willing to help nurture the kids. Have championship knowledge. Plus we surely need more help on the wing defense category. Even just on the court, CB can be a nice enough backup to Barnes.

Well Barnes just needs to opt-in, right? Who would opt-out of a 25 mil guaranteed contract? That'll make him the 35th best-paid NBA player next year, and 15th best-paid forward. (Side banter: Is he the 15th best forward in the league?) But either way, I don't think anyone is paying him that out there.

CB seems willing to help nurture the kids. Have championship knowledge. Plus we surely need more help on the wing defense category. Even just on the court, CB can be a nice enough backup to Barnes.
It will be a case of short term bigger deal (i.e. opt in) or longer terms security on less money (opt out and re-sign or sign somewhere else).

I would not be surprised if Kings negotiate an extension with Barnes in a similar fashion that they did with Rudy Gay (I know different front office). In other works opt in at $25m but sign a 3 or 4 year extension at a lesser figure than you would do if you were a FA (e.g. $16-18M per season for 4 years).

Either way, I think Barnes is sticking around. Kings wouldn't be sending him as their representative to India if he was not going to be back.