De’Aaron Fox signs with Klutch

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
should I feel uneasy about this?
People act like everyone that signs with Klutch ends up on Lebron’s team but there are dozens of Klutch guys who aren’t on the Lakers like Draymond, Nurk, Trey Lyles, Ant, John Wall, Lonzo, Lavine and so on and so forth. Klutch is legitimately one of the most powerful sports agencies in the world right now and that goes just beyond Lebron forcing the Lakers to trade all their assets to being in one of his earliest clients (AD)

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
De'Aaron Fox takes a big step up from very good player to elite player and Lakers fans are now wondering if he's "good enough" to play for the Lakers. Shocking.

I wonder what this really does for him? Ham speculated it was to push for a shoe deal but I wonder why signing with klutch is necessary for that or even helpful? Those shoe companies have their own market analysts Etc. I suppose this raises his profile some but his play will do the talking

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I wonder what this really does for him? Ham speculated it was to push for a shoe deal but I wonder why signing with klutch is necessary for that or even helpful? Those shoe companies have their own market analysts Etc. I suppose this raises his profile some but his play will do the talking
probably gets him more media/endorsement opportunities than his small agency did.

People act like everyone that signs with Klutch ends up on Lebron’s team but there are dozens of Klutch guys who aren’t on the Lakers like Draymond, Nurk, Trey Lyles, Ant, John Wall, Lonzo, Lavine and so on and so forth. Klutch is legitimately one of the most powerful sports agencies in the world right now and that goes just beyond Lebron forcing the Lakers to trade all their assets to being in one of his earliest clients (AD)
^^THIS.

Klutch has like 50 clients. People like to make too much out of nothing.

Last I checked Swipa still has 3 more guaranteed years beyond this season remaining on his contract. He's not going anywhere any time soon unless the KINGS want him to.

After the 25/26 season, if the KINGS are still mired in the playoff drought they've been in since 2006 --- Swipa would probably good as gone regardless of what agency he is with. Conversely if the KINGS are a perennial playoff team, it's more likely De'Aaron would be re-signing as he'd be part of a winner that could pay him the most $$$.

Much ado about nothing, so far as I can tell.

Pretty certain Fox signing with Gaston prior to his max deal was a way to get Gaston paid while compressing the tax burden on Fox. Debt paid To his lifelong trainer. Now he can go sign with a bigger firm. Nothing more to it.