Dc Love

"The Kings reacted to the trade of their top defender with much the same ambivalence shown by the Magic, who wore black armbands with Mobley's number in Boston on Monday night. Bibby and Stojakovic were among the players who wrote Christie's initials on their shoes, while Miller wore one of Christie's wrist bands."

I liked this ...

love them Kings

Not a suprise by the Kings. They did something like that for Bobby jackson's mother. I think the Kings are one of the kindest and most respectful teams in major league sports.

piksi

Hall of Famer
LjuboDaMan said:
Bibby and Stojakovic were among the players who wrote Christie's initials on their shoes, while Miller wore one of Christie's wrist bands."

I liked this ...

love them Kings
FAMILY

That is how You know - what DC meant to this team.

Something like this - One has to earn.

They also showed it on the floor tonight.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think the reactions of the two teams were entirely different. Yes, the Kings will miss DC but they chose to HONOR him without appearing disrespectful to the organization. Considering the comments made by Steve Francis and some of the other Magic players, they weren't honoring Mobley as much as voicing a protest.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
I think the reactions of the two teams were entirely different. Yes, the Kings will miss DC but they chose to HONOR him without appearing disrespectful to the organization. Considering the comments made by Steve Francis and some of the other Magic players, they weren't honoring Mobley as much as voicing a protest.
Did You just seriously compare Kings with Magic ?

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
DC was a huge part of this team for 5 important, formative and successfull years. Mobley was new to the team but loved by his fellow former Rockets. (You know Hedo had to be biting his lip in the locker room arround his new teammates who were upset about the trade)

piksi said:
Did You just seriously compare Kings with Magic ?
I don't think she was. Just pointing out the difference in this sentence:

"The Kings reacted to the trade of their top defender with much the same ambivalence shown by the Magic, who wore black armbands with Mobley's number in Boston on Monday night.
Yeah both teams did something for their traded players, but players of the Magic were openly questioning management for trading Mobley. I see it the same way-protesting. The Kings on the other hand, honoring Doug for his time playing here.

Last edited:
VF21 said:
One difference between the two teams was the Magic found out like a half hour before the game, while the Kings had time to cope with it privately with at least a couple Kings seeing Doug last night. Though if the situations were reversed, I would still expect our players to have been at least outwardly professional about it, though certainly shocked.

What do they mean "ambivalence"? I think the reporter is misusing that word, I know it to mean "don't care one way or other." I know the Kings guys don't feel that way.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
eflat said:
One difference between the two teams was the Magic found out like a half hour before the game, while the Kings had time to cope with it privately with at least a couple Kings seeing Doug last night. Though if the situations were reversed, I would still expect our players to have been at least outwardly professional about it, though certainly shocked.
Well I think it helps too that we have such a history of success here, and a family/loyalty history with our core players. The Magic are a different situation -- struggled for years, everybody's new to the town/system/coach. Just no built up loyalty or trust there yet.

LjuboDaMan said:
"The Kings reacted to the trade of their top defender with much the same ambivalence shown by the Magic, who wore black armbands with Mobley's number in Boston on Monday night. Bibby and Stojakovic were among the players who wrote Christie's initials on their shoes, while Miller wore one of Christie's wrist bands."
Awww... I love these guys.

LjuboDaMan said:

I liked this ...

love them Kings
It is stuff like this that makes me like this team even more......
I don't think any other team in the league cares this much for their teammates.
:D