CWebbs Homecoming Game

The Boss and I will be there

I'm really excited to be going. I expect a huge outpouring from the crowd and a lot of tears and snot all around. Then our boys can smack the 6ers down hard! Someday I hope I'm at Arco III when we hoist his #4. I'm happy with the trade, but Chris reached his zenith here and will always be Mr. Sacramento Kings! :cool:

Got My Sportmart Special Ready .....

Won't be at the game, but I'll have my $19.99 C-Webb jersey on - proudly worn I might add !!!

Welcome back Chris ... you'll always be a special player/individual to me.

zeke04 said:
I'm going. I will stand up and cheer when he is introduced, then hope he misses all his shots.
rotfl...i really wasn't expecting that at all...lol

Personally, Ill be right here in Southeastern CT watching the game on my bedroom TV (maybe the big screen--it IS Chris afterall) and im VERY VERY excited i just can't wait to hear is reception...i have a feeling it gonna be even BIGGER than everyone anticipates

Wish I was going...in hindsight, I should've picked those Sixers tickets over the Magic tickets...

But, in my defense, at the time, I was going to see DC and Hedo's return, and Webb was still on the Kings. Doh!! What sucks is that Doug didn't even make the trip out!!

Everybody cheer him for me. During the intros. That's it.

yeah actually i am really excited for it. i want to see how everyone reactions, like the players. and i better hear a lot of cheering when he's announced from the fans! :)

I think Webb will get a huge standing ovation. I will be very shock if he got anything less than that.

I hope I can be at the game too to give him a standing O. Good luck, Webb. Just make sure the Kings win though! ;)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacKings384 said:
He better not get boo'd... If he does I will be EXTREMELY dissapointed... Words can not describe how angry I would be...
I cannot even imagine the caliber of person that would actually boo, but even if there are a couple of dolts who decide to do it, I have no doubt they will be totally drowned out by a cheer unlike anything that Arco has ever experienced. I thank the basketball gods that it's being covered by Grant and Jerry, because you know they're going to be emotional too... And I know Comcast is going to show every single second of it.

I will be there in spirit.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
VF21 said:
I thank the basketball gods that it's being covered by Grant and Jerry, because you know they're going to be emotional too...
Given the hatchet job Grant has apparently been doing on Webb since he left, that mihgt be a dubious comfort.

In a Supportive Way ...

VF21 said:
I cannot even imagine the caliber of person that would actually boo, but even if there are a couple of dolts who decide to do it, I have no doubt they will be totally drowned out by a cheer unlike anything that Arco has ever experienced. I thank the basketball gods that it's being covered by Grant and Jerry, because you know they're going to be emotional too... And I know Comcast is going to show every single second of it.

I will be there in spirit.
The only booing that should be made is during the game, WHEN HE MAKES A SHOT. That, C-Webb would understand and probably smile at.

The only cheering that should be done for C-Webb is when his name and number are being introduced, I'd hate to hear cheering when he misses a shot.

But, it's all about wins/losses and there are those C-Webb Bashers.

Bricklayer said:
Given the hatchet job Grant has apparently been doing on Webb since he left, that mihgt be a dubious comfort.
I know Jerry is going to get emotional. Grant, not sure...but Grant have said on the radio that he believes Kings fans will give Webb a long and huge standing ovation which he believes Webb deserve. He also believes that Webb should get his jersey retire as a King. Grant says he have always like Webb off court.

Bricklayer said:
I noticed the same thing during the relatively few minutes that I have listened to Grant Napear on the radio. He doesn't have much nice to say about Chris Webber.

I would think that Vlade Divac would get as big an ovation as Webber or anyone else. Not so? Vlade was the King of Kings in my opinion.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Folsom Al said:
The only booing that should be made is during the game, WHEN HE MAKES A SHOT. That, C-Webb would understand and probably smile at.

The only cheering that should be done for C-Webb is when his name and number are being introduced, I'd hate to hear cheering when he misses a shot.

But, it's all about wins/losses and there are those C-Webb Bashers.
The last thing people want to do is boo Webber when he makes a shot or cheer when he misses. Those things will totally energize him.

Brick - What I meant about Grant and Jerry is that regardless of what Grant has said on his radio show, I KNOW he'll be the ultimate Webber homer during the pre-game intros on Comcast. And I'd much rather hear Jerry Reynolds talk about Webber than have to listen to the drivel some of the guys from ESPN or TNT would spout.

;)

Twix said:
I know Jerry is going to get emotional. Grant, not sure...but Grant have said on the radio that he believes Kings fans will give Webb a long and huge standing ovation which he believes Webb deserve. He also believes that Webb should get his jersey retire as a King. Grant says he have always like Webb off court.
Grants a liar.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Let's just say that Radio Show Grant likes to be a lot more controversial and rude than Comcast Broadcaster Grant...

;)

I find myself turning Radio Grant and his puppet off. I used to listen all the time but now I only listen when I need a basketball fix. When I do turn it on he is usually ripping Webber so I just turn him off again.

But just like VF21 said he'll be cheering webber come Monday and that will pee me off even more.

Anyone else here that can't stand Mike Lamb's laugh and how he tosses in a (lame-***) joke or two whenever he's interviewing someone?

Not to get off-topic, but that bugs the crap outta me.

KingCookie said:
Anyone else here that can't stand Mike Lamb's laugh and how he tosses in a (lame-***) joke or two whenever he's interviewing someone?

Not to get off-topic, but that bugs the crap outta me.
OMG, I thought I was the only one that is annoyed by Lamb's laugh!:eek: Glad I'm not the only one.

I agree, Grant will always find a way to rip Webber off. Last night, I was waiting for Pedja to come on (which Pedja end up not) and Grant & Mike was talking about the 76ers-Pistons game. Grant just talked about how AI hogs the ball and him and Webb will never get along. :/
Enough of the ripping, Grant...Webb's no long a King.