cuttino mobley cancer for the kings (merged)

G

godsthename

cuttino mobley cancer for the kings

has anyone noticed how he will just stand there til he gets the ball. Doug set picks ran without the ball and was just overall smarter than cuttino. Every time he gets the ball everyone stands there watching because he rarely passes it he rans down the shot clock and just takes a stupid shot. Its like we got steve francis on the team i think we were better off with doug, i think doug made everyone around him better especially peja. Cuttino might be a scorer but doug was the whole package. cuttino mobley cancer for the kings just like francis for the magic.

godsthename said:
has anyone noticed how he will just stand there til he gets the ball. Doug set picks ran without the ball and was just overall smarter than cuttino. Every time he gets the ball everyone stands there watching because he rarely passes it he rans down the shot clock and just takes a stupid shot. Its like we got steve francis on the team i think we were better off with doug, i think doug made everyone around him better especially peja. Cuttino might be a scorer but doug was the whole package. cuttino mobley cancer for the kings just like francis for the magic.
He hasn't gotten in any practice time with the team since hes been traded. Thats why hes lost. Hes playing out of instinct.

Yeah but I think what Godsthename is saying is that yes, Cuttino has skill and can save our butts when the team is playing at its worst, but he may in fact largely be the reason that the team is playing at its worst. Doug's comparatively weak numbers absolutely don't mean anything, because he brought up everyone else's numbers. But I DO agree that criticism of Cuttino doesn't hold much water until he's able to get practice time with the team...hopefully during this allstar break. By the way, I've been lingering around here for a few weeks, and have been so impressed with posts so I finally decided to hop in.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
So much silliness.

1) no practice
2) injuries (both to him and others)
3) entirely different style player, apples and oranges

Cat needs to improve his play for us, but its 100% understandable why its not there yet. And calling him a cancer is based on...well, pretty much nothing right now.

I began to be frustrated the last few games with his forced shots and lack of moving the ball until I realized he was our only scorer on the court and that was what he was expected to do in that circumstance. I like his attitude and effort and I know he's been playing with some minor nagging injuries so until such time as he's had to practice, get well and integrate with all of the guys I will withold judgement.

impossible. cuttino has been great for us. making shots, playing pretty nice defense (before his back spasms). i think we'll be fine. we just need about a week with no games. we'll have about 5 or 6 days off because of the all star game. that's all we need to get back on track.

godsthename said:
He is a cancer he's been that way from when he stated with houston he has no Big time playoff experience.He hasn't proved anything so far in the win and loss area more losess than wins.He can shoot the 3 ball.But at the end of the day he and steve francis were both cancers on one team and this is why he was traded for a old underpreciated doug christie.Doug and cuttino are opposite in the TEAM sense of the Game of Basketball.Doug is a TEAM first guy while cuttino is ME first.

From a positive point of view you can cure a cancer but open minded thinking also action by LEADERS and COACHING staff must perform the MAGIC to remove teh growth and put the disease into remission.

godsthename said:

I totally agree with that, although I think we are really missing VLADE!!
He was the glue of this squad!!

funsc said:
some friends told me that
The reason people dislike cats is

He is the LEAST handsome starter in Kings, :)
Whooo, no no no. All my friends and I think that Mobley is Hoooooottt! He was trying to be a model you know.

So would you like Vlade back at 5 for this year and 5 for next to sit on the end of the pine and be a cheerleader. That'd be 1 expensive cheerleader. I love the guy but he wasn't worth it.

If he wants to come back let's say as a cheerleader or as an assistant coach then so be it but I can't see Sacto spending that kind of money on that guy when he barely or won't play.

G

godsthename

funsc said:
Cat is good shooter (tough, aggressive)

but he couldn't finish sometimes when he ran into the paint

Dougs the man. i think he should get a superman tatoo like shaq.lol j/k but seriously he should. out of the hundreds of games i watched if doug was going up for a layup he would always make it.Did it seem like that to everyone else? and i would look at the stats after the game and just couldnt believe his stats. Because he just was everywhere on the court he did everything and his stats didnt show that. and why we would you trade something like that for a scorer is just crazy. I realize he is looking for the future but you cant turn ur back to a guy like that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
higgi said:
Yeah but I think what Godsthename is saying is that yes, Cuttino has skill and can save our butts when the team is playing at its worst, but he may in fact largely be the reason that the team is playing at its worst...
Correlation =/= Causation

I don't think he's a great fit for this team, but I guess Petrie was so alarmed by Christie's aging and deteriorating play that he felt he had to pull the trigger.

Stojakovic said:
I don't think he's a great fit for this team, but I guess Petrie was so alarmed by Christie's aging and deteriorating play that he felt he had to pull the trigger.
Unfortunately, I think that is accurate.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Stojakovic said:
Yep. Its changed the mix. But it was still a good save. No team can keep exactly the same mix with exactly the same roles year after year after year., and to get a starter in the prime of his career for an aging player nearing retirement is still a coup. Requires some other adjustements though.

I don't think you can blame our problems or losses on him. I do think Doug was more experienced at running the point and dishing out assists, but he looked visibly tired this year and was making a lot more mistakes. Theres no way he could put in the kind of minutes Cat does. I think despite his label of being soft we would have won the last 2 games had Peja played. Lets hope he's rejuvenated after the break.

Mobley might not be the best fit for this team but he's the last reason for the teams losses right now. His ability to post and shoot over smaller guards is a welcome sight along with his frequent attempts to get TO the basket. People need to quit living in the past :confused: LA payed vlade and look where it got em.

tienchi3x said:
I don't think you can blame our problems or losses on him. I do think Doug was more experienced at running the point and dishing out assists, but he looked visibly tired this year and was making a lot more mistakes. on the last 2 games had Theres no way he could put in the kind of minutes Cat does....
True, Doug maybe had not been having his best season ever, and it very well might be because he's just getting old, but in his defense, was he not just recovering from his foot problems? And did he have surgery? If so, it could take a whole season to completely recover. Afterall, when judging other players' subpar performances we're pretty quick to refer to and consider their injuries. But having said that, Doug is getting old, and Mobley undoubtedly has many more years to give to a team. It's just a risky investment.

i still say he hasn't had enough playing time with the rest of the guys...the kings aren't use to midseason deals where they've had to work someone into their system in the middle of the season

even RA said that their has been a few times he wanted to call a certain play but then he realized he couldn't cuz Cat didn't know it...he's 1/5 of our starting lineup and he doesn't even know all the plays...give it time people give it time...i for one love the addition of Cat in more than one way

Think about it this way, I guess it would be nice to have Christie back but who could we possible get better in return for Christie than Mobley. I can't possibly think of anyone. Maybe a pure defender in his prime but those are few and far between in the league. Who exactly wanted a 34 year old SG making around 7 a year who was injured and at the end of his career? I guess the Kings did, but I can think of only the Magic as another place to land.