COJO TRADED! (For Delon Wright)

Man this board can be harsh at times. Cojo appeared to always give his all and he seemed to be a good locker room guy. Not his fault he is small and old and Luke over played him. Wish him the best in Detroit.

That said, I like the trade and happy to see what Delon can do in a kings uniform.
After the yo yo of this season anything less than pitchforks and torches would be uncivilized. Cojo has 12 million reasons to not give a darn and for most of the season appeared to do just that.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
This trade also frees up about 4.5 mil in the immediate, which could be significant in another trade. Of course it adds salary next season, if he's still here. Looks like McNair wanted him though. No big loss with the Laker's 2nd rd pick since it's the 60th pick. Wright is actually capable of defending multiple positions well. Be interesting to see how he fits in. I wish Corey all the best, but I'm glad he's gone.

Entity

Hall of Famer
As much as I hate Wilkins play calling. Tonight he said something that I haven’t been able to put my finger on until he said it. He said Whiteside is really just in the way lol.

This trade also frees up about 4.5 mil in the immediate, which could be significant in another trade. Of course it adds salary next season, if he's still here. Looks like McNair wanted him though. No big loss with the Laker's 2nd rd pick since it's the 60th pick. Wright is actually capable of defending multiple positions well. Be interesting to see how he fits in. I wish Corey all the best, but I'm glad he's gone.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Wright was buried and forgot about by most playing in Detroit but the guy is not a bad backup PG to have by any means. Dallas didn't retain him because they had Jalen Brunson but he was productive for the Mavs last season. This move basically tells me and the fanbase that the Kings have every intention on winning now, draft pick position damned.

Is it? Because all we did was trade a guy who's been abjectly awful for the year and a couple of super low-worth second round picks for a solid backup guard for at least the next year and a half behind our two stud young guards.
We can't stress the idea of addition by subtraction more than in this particular instance. Probably ever according to the stats themselves. Unless Wright comes in and is worse, which I guess is theoretically possible haha.

If the Kings are trying to make the playoffs Monte McNair probably glanced over at those 5 man stats posted earlier. I would be shocked to see him move Buddy considering he is a key part of the Kings two best net rating squads relative to the amount of minutes played.

We can't stress the idea of addition by subtraction more than in this particular instance. Probably ever according to the stats themselves. Unless Wright comes in and is worse, which I guess is theoretically possible haha.
Don’t you take the kings curse lightly. It’s not just theoretically possible. There’s like a 75% chance someone that comes to sac loses all his basketball skills the second he gets off the plane.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If the Kings are trying to make the playoffs Monte McNair probably glanced over at those 5 man stats posted earlier. I would be shocked to see him move Buddy considering he is a key part of the Kings two best net rating squads relative to the amount of minutes played.
At the same time, out of all the guys in those units, his play is probably the easiest to replace either through an on-roster solution or a theoretic player or pick we'd eventually acquire in his stead.

well it’s clear that Vivek's desire to go for a play-off spot is winning out.
Nah. It's a pure value move. Add a talented 3rd guard for two 2nd round picks that very likely don't do anything (especially the Lakers pick) and a CoJo's bloated contract that had dead money attached to it next season.

Props to McNair. Essentially producing a 6th man level talent for nothing.

Nah. It's a pure value move. Add a talented 3rd guard for two 2nd round picks that very likely don't do anything (especially the Lakers pick) and a CoJo's bloated contract that had dead money attached to it next season.

generally if you are in tank mode you aren’t trading picks for role players but we shall see. Right now we sit at 9 and OKC just sat SGA for an indefinite period.

At the same time, out of all the guys in those units, his play is probably the easiest to replace either through an on-roster solution or a theoretic player or pick we'd eventually acquire in his stead.
Maybe, they'd have to get someone that can draw double teams and extra defensive attention because he does and that's a lot of the reason the Kings can take advantage of one on one scenarios elsewhere.

Exactly.... isn’t it possible we are just out there looking to make good moves? You could argue whether it’s smart to tie up cap space next year, but I certainly expect they have a strong vision around what salaries will be on the books by the time next season starts. More to come.

generally if you are in tank mode you aren’t trading picks for role players but we shall see. Right now we sit at 9 and OKC just sat SGA for an indefinite period.
Lol. 60th pick and a 2nd round 3 years from now. Never mind the fact we still have like 6 2nds over that span.

This is bad asset consolidation into a good player that could easily still be flipped in the next year and a half if needed.

Exactly.... isn’t it possible we are just out there looking to make good moves? You could argue whether it’s smart to tie up cap space next year, but I certainly expect they have a strong vision around what salaries will be on the books by the time next season starts. More to come.
The cap space literally did not matter. If we stood pat, the Kings basically had the same offer as they could give him with his early-bird rights. Around $10 million. If we want to keep Holmes, we always had to make a bigger move.

I think as a defensive combo guard Wright is a clear upgrade.