COJO TRADED! (For Delon Wright)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Is that official? If so, Monte won this trade.

Appears so. We have Portland's 2024, so no huge loss. Wright's stats are pretty great this year. 10.5 pts/4.6 reb/5.1 ast/1.5 st on .465 shooting, .356 from three, .565 TS, 16.7 PER, .139 WS/48, defensive advanced stats look good throughout his career.

I'm giving this trade an A right off the bat.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The one negative to consider is we added to our financial troubles next season unless we are moving out more salary. I’m curious to see what the next moves are.
It almost feels like this is a precursor to a Buddy move because Wright is certainly more versatile than CoJo and capable of playing defense out to the wings in the way Buddy's being used now but Walton was still playing CoJo huge minutes anyways so who knows.

This is interesting. I'm surprised a contending team didn't go for him, or maybe he's not as good as the stats indicate? Haven't watched the Pistons at all this year.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is interesting. I'm surprised a contending team didn't go for him, or maybe he's not as good as the stats indicate? Haven't watched the Pistons at all this year.
I'm guessing the two second rounders and cap relief for next year offered by Monte beat out the usual contender offer of a garbage second and a bad contract.

Last edited:
Problem is he makes $8.5 million next year. But for us we'd of needed depth at the position anyways and had to pay CoJo a partial.

It almost feels like this is a precursor to a Buddy move because Wright is certainly more versatile than CoJo and capable of playing defense out to the wings in the way Buddy's being used now but Walton was still playing CoJo huge minutes anyways so who knows.
One can only hope.

March 25 updates
12:26 a.m. ET: The Detroit Pistons have agreed to trade guard Delon Wright to the Sacramento Kings for guard Cory Joseph and two second-round picks, sources tell ESPN. Wright, who is currently eighth in the league in steals per game (1.5), is averaging 10.5 points and 5.1 assists in 35 games this season. The Kings will send their 2021 second-round pick (via the Los Angeles Lakers) and their own 2024 second-round pick in the deal.

Wright is the right move. Excellent defensive guard, all combos, point, shooting. Likes the ball in his hands but can play off it well enough. Good move Kings FO!

I think this is a precursor to a Bagley move. They will probably be getting out of his deal by draft night.

This has to be one of the quietest deadlines right? I know people say that every year, but it just seems like there are very little teams who believe that they're only 1 or 2 pieces away from making a deep playoff run. Seems like everyone is either content with their roster, or given up on trying to beat out the Lakers or Nets.

Feels like an unusual deadline, maybe because of the MUCH shorter offseason?

This has to be one of the quietest deadlines right? I know people say that every year, but it just seems like there are very little teams who believe that they're only 1 or 2 pieces away from making a deep playoff run. Seems like everyone is either content with their roster, or given up on trying to beat out the Lakers or Nets.

Feels like an unusual deadline, maybe because of the MUCH shorter offseason?
Part of it is that the league isn't wide open right now. I mean, look at the east standings. 3 dominant teams and the 4th seed is a .500 club. The west is more stable but it's still basically the same crop of teams as contenders and the new kids on the block in the Suns probably don't want to mess with their chemistry.