CHRIS WEBBER

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
allrightythen said:
On another note, we yelled so loud when Webber's shot went in that we made the baby cry, and he wasn't even asleep or anything. Glad to know that someday he'll be yelling like that for the kings too.
See! Webb is so evil he intentionally causes people to traumatize their helpless infants! :mad:

Webber's dance:

Sacramento Kings' Chris Webber reacts after making a game-winning 3-point basket in the last second of their game against the Milwaukee Bucks Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2004, in Milwaukee. The Kings won 89-86. (AP Photo/Morry Gash)

I'm always one to praise Chris because I think he gets a bad rap but the player of the game was Bibby.....1 assist away from a triple double and he actually had 10 rebounds!!!!!! Great game Mike.

Bricklayer said:
See! Webb is so evil he intentionally causes people to traumatize their helpless infants! :mad:
Yeah! Then he traumatizes the rest of us with that hideous dance (if thats what its called). But, I think I'll take it if he keeps doin stuff like that.

Well it's not like Webber hasn't done this before. The infamous Michigan timeout call has obviously come a long way cause people still say he chokes in cruch time.... and Webber keeps proving them wrong. There shouldn't be any doubters left if you ask me.

thanks to comcast i get to relive the amazement..

to all the nay sayers: webber is my hero!!!!

i lost my voice tonight because of him. rock n' roll.

but yeah, give it up for bibby for throwin' it down tonight. holleRRR.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The "infamous Michigan timeout call" is history, pure and simple, and has been for a long time. If people are still using it to say ANYTHING, they need to move on...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
KingKong said:
Well it's not like Webber hasn't done this before. The infamous Michigan timeout call has obviously come a long way cause people still say he chokes in cruch time.... and Webber keeps proving them wrong. There shouldn't be any doubters left if you ask me.
Unfortuantly untill Webb hits a clutch shot to win a deciding NBA championship there will always be those folks who call him a choker. And WHEN he does hit that shot, there will be people calling it a lucky shot. Hateing on Webber in an obssesion with some people.

Ryle said:
I'm always one to praise Chris because I think he gets a bad rap but the player of the game was Bibby.....1 assist away from a triple double and he actually had 10 rebounds!!!!!! Great game Mike.
A great game by both players! 10 rebounds by Bibby though. that speaks volumes to me. If the little guy can get 10 boards and Peja got 3 then something is not quite right...

that was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

i loved the dance afterwards :D

WTG WEBBER!!!!!!!!!!

edit: on NBA fastbreak, legler was saying that wsa the best he's seen webber move all year when he was dancing. LOL! the dance was great. chicken dance indeed :D ! we have a crab dance ( i have yet to see that this year) and a chicken dance. we just need peja to have a ........ flamingo dance LOL!

Last edited:
allrightythen said:
That shot was all guts, I liked what he had to say in the interview with Grant and Jerry after the game as well. On a night when things seemed to just be going rough, it truly makes it all worth it to be a fan.

On another note, we yelled so loud when Webber's shot went in that we made the baby cry, and he wasn't even asleep or anything. Glad to know that someday he'll be yelling like that for the kings too.
dude, the same thing happened here. my 6 month old started crying cuz i was yelling so loud, and he wasn't even asleep.

webber actually took and made a 3 pointer after the bucks fouled (they had one to give). I think this gave webber the confidence to take the 2nd shot.

nevertheless.... AMAZING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAIDER925 said:
anyone have a video link??? Unfortunately the game wasn't on tv so I missed the game. I was checking the nba.com scoreboard and I beleive the kings were down by 2 with 1 min something to go.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
webberfan said:
dude, the same thing happened here. my 6 month old started crying cuz i was yelling so loud, and he wasn't even asleep.
My younger more sensitive cat hid under the blanket... can't swear the two are connected as she does this alot for several different reasons.

HAHA! I actually just saw it (was unable to see the game live). If it were not for political correctness, I'd say what was the first thing that came to my mind watching Webb dance. ;)

On the shot itself: Guts. Thats all I have to say.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At the risk of sounding even cornier than usual, I have to say I was tremendously happy for him tonight. He banished a lot of demons.

I saw something tonight I don't recall seeing in a long time. I saw a Kings team struggling badly, in a game against a lesser opponent. How many times have we seen that and, regrettably, seen the Kings just give up?

They DIDN'T give up, though. They fought back - from Tag to Webber, from Bibby to Pedja - and they all contributed something. Even Barnes was able to make a couple of contributions in his limited minutes on the court.

Chris Webber, in the famous speech he was so roundly criticized for, made it quite clear. He wanted to be with guys who wouldn't give up - who would play through the bad times and find a way to win.

They did that tonight. Webber took that shot. He didn't second-guess himself. He took the shot - and we won. His reaction afterwards should make it obvious to even the most jaded fan that Webber wants to win it all - he wants to take this team the distance. Not only for himself and the players, but for us - the fans. When he was talking to Grant, he said something that spoke volumes. When asked if it had been a tough road trip, he replied that they were ready to get home - back to the fans and their families. And he said it in that order.

Chris Webber may not be aperfect human being but I am awfully glad he's a Sacramento King.

VF21 said:
When asked if it had been a tough road trip, he replied that they were ready to get home - back to the fans and their families. And he said it in that order.
no doubt, no doubt. and before he was rudely cut off he also said, "whats up sacramento" hahaha... LOVE IT! :D

VF21 said:
4.2 left on the clock.
Kings ball.​
...​
Starters on the court...
Bucks with a foul to give.​
...​
Webber is fouled with 3.4 seconds left on the clock.

Still Kings ball.

Bibby to inbound...

OMG! WEBBER FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!​
What's better than that?​

VF21 said:
The "infamous Michigan timeout call" is history, pure and simple, and has been for a long time. If people are still using it to say ANYTHING, they need to move on...
As someone else mentioned, the Bucks announcers made a comment about it after the "foul" Webb committed on James, saying something to the effect of, "Well, that's not as bad as calling a phantom time-out, but it's pretty close." :rolleyes:

After he hit the game winner, though, they didn't have much else to say. ;) I love it when the Kings can prove people wrong!

GO KINGS!!!!

Thank you Chris!!!!!!!!!! but I keep warning you about giving headache episodes(extreme bouts of yelling in short period of time) with those 3-pointers!;)

I get very nervous everytime he does that....it's always No! Chris! No! Chris No!, ball rattles in, OMG Chris hit a 3!. I'd be less nervous about anyone else doing the exact same thing.