Chicago fire sale begins?

dude12

Hall of Famer
I was all in on Lavine at one point. Now I’m not. I know he can be dynamic but I also think he could be disruptive to the team chemistry on O. That is something the brass would have to determine. I actually don’t want the ball in someone else’s hands in the 4th quarter. Give it to Fox and let him eat. Monk off the bench can replicate what Lavine is doing. What we need is the role playing guards to supplement what the big 3 is doing.

Finally, and this is a big one, I think Lavine stunts Keegan Murray’s growth to being a star. Would take away shots from Keegan.

I just don't see the appeal of Zach Lavine in a Kings jersey. AT ALL. I mean, this franchise has finally built a winner! Why would the Kings chase a guy who has never been a proven winner at any point of his career? Aren't we now passed the days of being a rehabilitation center for those good-on-a-bad team types to try to revitalize their careers?

If Monte wants to chase a star with a proper track record on the defensive end, I'd be all for it. But I just can't fathom the necessity of Lavine in a Kings uni with Malik Monk already on the roster. I certainly wouldn't give up any future firsts for a duplicative talent like that.
Stars with a defensive rep probably cost you Keegan. If Monte wants to hang onto his best pieces, gotta go for those damaged goods. That's most likely why he went after Beal. Yes, the Wizards supposedly wanted Keegan, but that clearly didn't happen and still did accept whatever package Monte had offered as one of the 4-5 deals on the table for Beal to choose from.

Ugh, not the Zach Lavine thing again. If we're doing a star trade, go get something we already don't have on the team like a Pascal or OG.

Monk

23.9 MPG
26.4% USG
34.9% AST
56.5% TS
.381 FTr

Per/36
21.4 PPG
8.2 APG
4.2 RPG
36.5% 3pt

Lavine
35.5 MPG
27.5% USG
13.5% Ast
54.3% TS
.342 FTr

Per/36
22.5 PPG
3.1 APG
4.9 RPG
30.9% 3pt

The only argument you have is Monk's minutes are still relatively low and he still has to answer if he can sustain this at 30+ MPG. But he basically did in the playoffs AND BROWN SHOULD BE PLAYING HIM MORE ANYWAY. Lavine is a name value at this point, he's certainly not worth a star package.

I think Caruso actually impacts the Kings winning more than Lavine does. Because no one on the Kings is even in the same breath as Caruso defensively (maybe Keegs though?) and he adds an actual lock-down defender to the rotation. We score 130+ with ease every other game, we don't need to reshape the offense.
The thing about LaVine is basically you'd have a 3 guard combo of Fox/Monk/LaVine that can run offense and create. All 3 might be able to play together at times too. If the Kings could consolidate some of that depth into production it might increase the odds of being able to hang onto Monk.

I just don't see the appeal of Zach Lavine in a Kings jersey. AT ALL. I mean, this franchise has finally built a winner! Why would the Kings chase a guy who has never been a proven winner at any point of his career? Aren't we now passed the days of being a rehabilitation center for those good-on-a-bad team types to try to revitalize their careers?

If Monte wants to chase a star with a proper track record on the defensive end, I'd be all for it. But I just can't fathom the necessity of Lavine in a Kings uni with Malik Monk already on the roster. I certainly wouldn't give up any future firsts for a duplicative talent like that.
Yes, yes and yes

Lavine would have been great for us a few years ago. I still like him a lot as a player and think he’s a great talent that hasn’t had the right coaching and accountability in the league. I just don’t think he’s the right fit for us right now. If we got him, could you say we are contenders? I would struggle to see that connection even with my purple colored glasses. I like DeRozan more for us and Caruso as well, that’s about it really. I’d rather pry OG from Toronto but who knows what they are thinking up in Canada.

Vecenie mentioned the Pistons as a potential landing spot for Lavine. Ivey and filler would be a good get for the Bulls since they have almost no young talent. The Pistons don’t need another lottery pick they need proven players

Cade
Lavine
AT
Bogi
Duren

That’s a nice starting 5.

He doesn’t make sense for the Spurs or Sixers. the Lakers make sense and the Bulls allegedly want to compete still so a Rui, Russ, JHS and a first is a decent deal for both

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
And it will be for scraps and nothing else because everyone must help the Lakers for some ungodly reason. Or the Warriors. They’ll get him for a bag of chips and a bad deal.
the profit has spoken. this thread will be revisited come February deadline