Chet Holmgren Watch

Gotta be even more irritating to have it happen during a nearly pointless pickup game in the offseason as well.

Hope he fully recovers. One of the more interesting prospects in recent memory.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Everybody likes being right, but sometimes there are things you don't like being right about.
Absolutely. Even after factoring in what a smug little richard Chet has come off as this is sad because I did want to see him play. I just didn't want that risk on our franchise.

Gotta be even more irritating to have it happen during a nearly pointless pickup game in the offseason as well.
Yes, true, but it's going to be hard for someone with his slight frame to survive a full healthy season playing against the big boys of the NBA. Injuries are bound to happen to him with his body type.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chet winds up as one of those injury plagued big men like Sam Bowie and Marvin Bagley (also former #2 picks) and Porzingas. :(

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Yes, true, but it's going to be hard for someone with his slight frame to survive a full healthy season playing against the big boys of the NBA. Injuries are bound to happen to him with his body type.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chet winds up as one of those injury plagued big men like Sam Bowie and Marvin Bagley (also former #2 picks) and Porzingas. :(
Even though I think Marv is soft AF he had contact on most of his injuries.

Chet was always offering something too intriguing to pass up while being whatever the opposite of "can't miss pick" is. I am just glad he was long off the board when we picked.

Even though I think Marv is soft AF he had contact on most of his injuries.

Chet was always offering something too intriguing to pass up while being whatever the opposite of "can't miss pick" is. I am just glad he was long off the board when we picked.
Yeah, I think the Kings got “lucky” and landed in the perfect spot to pick the BPA at #4, instead of trying to guess and project who had the “most upside”.

Definitely very happy the Kings wound up with Keegan and not Chet in the draft.

Yeah, I think the Kings got “lucky” and landed in the perfect spot to pick the BPA at #4, instead of trying to guess and project who had the “most upside”.

Definitely very happy the Kings wound up with Keegan and not Chet in the draft.
Not to mention our guy has already had surgery and the season hasn't even started yet.

Major oof.

I guess we can lock this thread for a year and retitle it Chet/Wemby Watch.
Goodness, could you imagine the Chet/Wembanyama twin tower lineup? They could go full Predator invisibility if they ran up the court sideways lol. This actually does help their chances in the race. They were dangerously on the line of too good to be bad and too bad to be good.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Goodness, could you imagine the Chet/Wembanyama twin tower lineup? They could go full Predator invisibility if they ran up the court sideways lol. This actually does help their chances in the race. They were dangerously on the line of too good to be bad and too bad to be good.
There's no way they weren't still 100% all in on the tank from game 1. I am convinced that any of the bottom feeders that didn't change coaches this offseason are all in on the Victor/Scoot sweepstakes.

Although I wonder if the decision was made easier for them knowing they were 100% in on the tank.

I don’t think a lisfranc injury is due to slight of frame. It may give more credence to the 7 foot or above argument however.

Presti, although sad, probably is salivating at a an even harder tank this season.

I believe his size 100% played into this injury... but is anyone really surprised by this? His size and frame was always going to be a problem in the NBA. Brandon Ingram got away with it because he played the wing position. Chet will not get the same benefit playing center. On a night to night basis, he''ll have to defend a bunch of guys who all over anywhere from 30-80lbs on him. On top of that, every player on the court is going to attack the rim against him.

His body is not made for durability. Some might say it's a freak injury, but everyone knew an injury was bound to happen.. I don't think anyone expected it to be from a pro-am though.

I wonder if OKC is going to regret not drafting Ivey. You couldn't really see this coming (right away), but based on everything we've heard, I think Ivey was a close pick for them at #2.

There's no way they weren't still 100% all in on the tank from game 1. I am convinced that any of the bottom feeders that didn't change coaches this offseason are all in on the Victor/Scoot sweepstakes.

Although I wonder if the decision was made easier for them knowing they were 100% in on the tank.
Yeah, but they are getting older, and have enough talent to make tanking so obvious that they might tank it with the players before getting a number 1 pick.

Hope he fully recovers. One of the more interesting prospects in recent memory.
Yeah, my guess is this kills all the pros playing on the Pro AM circuit. Was kind of cool to see how many guys were out there, but I think teams will step in now.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I believe his size 100% played into this injury... but is anyone really surprised by this? His size and frame was always going to be a problem in the NBA. Brandon Ingram got away with it because he played the wing position. Chet will not get the same benefit playing center. On a night to night basis, he''ll have to defend a bunch of guys who all over anywhere from 30-80lbs on him. On top of that, every player on the court is going to attack the rim against him.

His body is not made for durability. Some might say it's a freak injury, but everyone knew an injury was bound to happen.. I don't think anyone expected it to be from a pro-am though.

I wonder if OKC is going to regret not drafting Ivey. You couldn't really see this coming (right away), but based on everything we've heard, I think Ivey was a close pick for them at #2.
They took a shot at the next Kevin Garnett and they came up with ??? I wonder if having a bunch of picks encouraged them to gamble on Holmgren.