Chandler Parsons

He's probably not wrong but that's why I mentioned all the drama that constantly surrounds Kanter. It's not just the Turkey situation but all of the other things that have been accumulating. He was traded from Utah on bad terms as well.

On Turkey and Erdogan he may be exactly right but he's not being very logical about the situation. If he's really as afraid of Erdogan as he claims then why does he constantly "poke the bear"? If I was legitimately scared that some foreign dictator could have me "offed" anywhere on the globe.....then I wouldn't be trashing said dictator to the media every chance I got. Doesn't seem like the wisest strategy.
Some people have the courage to speak up for what the believe in in the face of danger. Even when scared.

Regarding Parsons, we're not really that desperate for a SF. The Kings don't need to offer a contract to guys needing to rehab their careers. Time to go after bigger fish. Parsons can't do anything for the Kings that we don't already have on the roster.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Those are decent statistics but again not that good or otherworldly. He’s had injuries for most of his career which I do blame for his complete disappearance, but I did watch a lot of his games and there were many times he shot when he should have passed. I liked him but he always thought very highly of himself, way higher than his talent level warranted.

He’s washed up. If you were to combine his last 3 seasons of games played, it wouldn’t even add up to 82 games. So in 3 years he has not played 1 full season combined. In his last 3 seasons, he’s shot 40% (horrendous) from the field and 35% (barely decent) from downtown. If that’s not washed up I don’t know what is. He’s also 30 and his injuries will only affect him more now.

Wrong or not, recent history suggests that taking a flyer on him is a high risk low reward type of move. I don’t think I was wrong in saying that.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/parsoch01.html
You'll notice that I didn't propose that we go after him, and mainly because of his injury problems. My only point was that he was a good player, especially when you consider that he was drafted in the 2nd rd. As to how he thought about himself, I don't have the ability to read minds. Hiowever, I'm always amazed at how many people on this forum seem to be able to do that. I have enough trouble trying to figure out what my wife is thinking, much less Chandler Parsons. :p

You'll notice that I didn't propose that we go after him, and mainly because of his injury problems. My only point was that he was a good player, especially when you consider that he was drafted in the 2nd rd. As to how he thought about himself, I don't have the ability to read minds. Hiowever, I'm always amazed at how many people on this forum seem to be able to do that. I have enough trouble trying to figure out what my wife is thinking, much less Chandler Parsons. :p
Fair enough Bajaden. I just remember some interviews with him from years past and there really wasn’t much reading between the lines that I had to do if you know what I mean.

Figuring out women in general is a subject that I will never ace so I won’t even offer any tips on that one!