[Game] Celtics @ Kings - 12/30/12

K

KingMilz

At home and with the way Celtics have been playing we really should win this and other than Paul Pierce we have a good match up at every position pretty much since they like us are a very small team in particular at the SG spot. If Rondo plays it will make it a lot harder but than again Rondo is not a scoring type PG and those are the kind of ones which has smashed us all year rather than the passing ones.

Ethier Cuz/JT will have there hands full with KG depending if Boston goes small with Bass or bigger with Collins but nethier should pick up fouls since KG always fades in the post or takes jumpers now days. Very winnable game for the Kings against a team they can run on.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What is up with Reke?
The Kings have said he has a knee bruise. His brother tweeted that he has patellar tendonitis. Knees are scary things. If Evans cannot plant his leg correctly because of weakness or pain he won't feel at all confident out there.

Of course there's always the random conspiracy theory floating around, but I personally don't think Evans would be milking this to keep from playing. He was doing very well before the injury. And, from what's being said, it is his choice whether or not to play.

At home and with the way Celtics have been playing we really should win this and other than Paul Pierce we have a good match up at every position pretty much since they like us are a very small team in particular at the SG spot. If Rondo plays it will make it a lot harder but than again Rondo is not a scoring type PG and those are the kind of ones which has smashed us all year rather than the passing ones.

Ethier Cuz/JT will have there hands full with KG depending if Boston goes small with Bass or bigger with Collins but nethier should pick up fouls since KG always fades in the post or takes jumpers now days. Very winnable game for the Kings against a team they can run on.
I wish I was as confident as you in that we should win. I think we can compete on any night but and don't think tonight is an exception but won't go as far as saying we should beat the Celtics. GO KINGS!

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
And, from what's being said, it is his choice whether or not to play.
Which is the problem.

Far better for him to have been ruled out medically for a month. Because of the specter of this being his choice, he's largely squandered the good will he was starting to build wiht his improved play. Accusations are getting lobbed. And it effects you inside the lockerroom too. If I were him I would have played with a frickin' broken leg about the time he started missing games. Cousins was imploding, Thornton had his family thing, Reke was in a great rhythm, his idiot coach had finally realized it enough to clear some real minutes for him. There may not have been a better chance for him in the last two years to step forward and make the team his. Now I say its 50/50 when he comes back that that same idiot coach won't have forgotten all over again and have him playing 28min a night again in a platoon fighting with a midget PG for the ball.

This team is a lost cause - If this injury allows us to retain Evans at a cheaper number, then it's whatever.

I want him on the court, obviously. But there is nothing we can really do about it. It's an unfortunate negative that COULD turn into a positive.

With this being said, I certainly hope he is ok, and that he will be able to make a full recovery.

im curious to see what Smart does with the backcourt without Brooks in the second quarter. will he stick to a 3 guard rotation tonight of IT/MT/Jimmer? probably not he will find something goofy to do