Can't listen to KHTK inside the arena

Since this thread is a free for all....have there ever been any discussions on dimming the bowl at home games like they do in Brooklyn and LA? I love the effect of a dimmed bowl and think it adds a theatric element. And frankly it just looks better...although I do love everything about golden 1

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Since this thread is a free for all....have there ever been any discussions on dimming the bowl at home games like they do in Brooklyn and LA? I love the effect of a dimmed bowl and think it adds a theatric element. And frankly it just looks better...although I do love everything about golden 1
Congratulations. You have just won the first ever VF21 Derailment Post of the Year award. :p

There have, but I think the prevailing thought is

1. Quiets the crowd

2. Can’t see the crowd which cuts down the fun during breaks in play

3. Who wants to be like the Lakers?

@carmichaeldave thought I'd put my two cents in here. I can only imagine how reading comments about your work would make you feel. I wouldn't be able to take it, so I really respect you coming back to ask for more information and find ways that you can improve.

FWIW, I really enjoy your show with Kyle. I think you guys have the best chemistry that the morning show has had in some time, and I actually really enjoy what Kyle brings to the show as well. I would say I only have two critiques that are very small:

1) The occasional tangent is good for the show, but I just think you guys have a tendency to stay on them too long and before you know it, we're at another break.
2) That sound board. I can't stand that sound board.

Otherwise, keep up the good work :). I turn the show on when I wake up every day, and listen as I get ready and then commute to work. No plans on changing that either!

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
CD - I think you guys have a lot of fun and it carries through on the radio. Loved having KC on there with you, but she is off doing other things right now. After that, this is the best show you've had in a long time (IMHO). Keep up the good work.

I'm not qualified to give an opinion but I'd just say that whenever in doubt, just add a little flair, just enough to make it pop. If you need to add a little pizazz after that, go for it. Should be good.

The only thing that I might suggest is possibly teasing Kyle a bit more when he says a “millennial phrase.” You have a done good job with it before, and I think it’s really funny when you mock him for being a millennial, avocados etc. I am a millennial, but I find it really funny when you call him out a bit for his phrases. I think this will appeal to your older audience as well because it kind of forces Kyle to explain or defend himself. I think a bit more of this type of banter would appeal to some of the people that have tuned out because they feel that Kyle’s millennial phrases go unchecked.

I don’t want you or Kyle to change who you are, but engaging in friendly mocking/debate is good radio, and it allows both sides to be presented. For example, if Kyle says something like “this penguins got murked up,” you could come back at him with something like “what’s ‘murked?’ That sounds really cool when you say it. Did a Migo use that in a bar on a fire track?” Obviously, you will think of a much more entertaining and hilarious comeback than what I just offered, but I think that forcing Kyle to explain himself more will show that you aren’t just trying to be a “millennial show” that is solely trying to be snarky/cater to Twitter
If any millenial phrases travel the airwaves and are NOT made fun of immediately I'm going to have to call a radio foul on that. The lingo these days is clown language bro. It's like it was by designed a comedian to be joke fodder. It's... *literally* begging to be made fun of. Like LITERALLY.