Can You Believe This ? Some Jerk Egged Bibby's House/Car.

JayBird said:
Kinda like the morons who keyed my truck when I had my Kings bumber stickers in 2002. Given, I live in Socal and I may have "been asking for it", but with a few given exceptions, Laker fans are right with Detroit fans as the epitome of classlessness.
Kinda like someone who cracked my windshield and wrote "loser" on my car last year and we didn't even play each other in the playoffs. I have a Laker decal that I purposely put on my windshield because I was warned that if I put it on my back window it would be cut up. ( I have a Jeep with a soft top.)

Laker fans have more to worry about right now than to think about the Kings.

I think some of you guys are getting worked-up about nothing. Bibby got egged. Big deal. There were 16,000 Americans murdered last year. Dozens of innocent Iraqi citizens are being blown-up every day. There are lots of kids with cancer. Some loser con just beat his daughter to death and stabbed her eyes out because he was upset with her mother.

Bibby got egged. How about some perspective? :confused:

quick dog said:
I think some of you guys are getting worked-up about nothing. Bibby got egged. Big deal. There were 16,000 Americans murdered last year. Dozens of innocent Iraqi citizens are being blown-up every day. There are lots of kids with cancer. Some loser con just beat his daughter to death and stabbed her eyes out because he was upset with her mother.

so true and so sad ...

quick dog said:

But it is offseason :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
A couple of thoughts:

First, it wasn't a Laker fan. Why would they bother? It's not like we're in the middle of a huge playoff run with them or anything...

Second, I think quickdog - and Bibby, BTW - have the right idea. It was a juvenile act done by someone who probably can't walk and chew gum at the same time. There are bound to be a few "fans" out there - you know, the ones who have to compete with a box of rocks on the IQ scale and the rocks usually win - who think it's cool to express their disappointment about the season by egging Bibby's house. Quite frankly, I'm pretty relieved it was just eggs...

Personally, I'm not going to devote much more time thinking about or discussing it. Whoever did it has already received too much publicity for being an idiot IMHO.

;)

JayBird said:
Kinda like the morons who keyed my truck when I had my Kings bumber stickers in 2002. Given, I live in Socal and I may have "been asking for it", but with a few given exceptions, Laker fans are right with Detroit fans as the epitome of classlessness.
Lol. If it makes you feel any better, there was a guy on LT who once said that "Kings" was keyed into his Lexus' doors last summer. He had a Laker hat by the inside tail light.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
VladeWasOurSoul said:
Guy probably felt that Bibby was responsible for losing series but he shouldn't do that. However, Bibby has to come down lit a bit and realise that he is not an All Star player on this team because I am not sure what else in the future can happen with his car or house.

Bibby if you control your game you'll stay long time in Sac if not you'll be kicked out like Chris was.

One more time I don't like that kind of punishment for bad plays in playoffs!!!
I'm going out on a limb here and saying that has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen posted on this board and I've been around here a LONG time.

Bibby has to realize he's not an all-star player on this team? Care to explain what you mean by that? (Although I have strong suspicions that I know...)

As far as Chris being kicked out of Sacramento, that is ludicrous on its face and not worthy of further comment.

:rolleyes:

At least Mike didn't hunt the kids down and run them off the road like Albert Bell did when some kids egged his home in Cleveland. This would make a great piece on Outside The Lines..."Athletes and Eggings"

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It was eggs. And I'm pretty sure his homeowner's insurance will take care of any damages...

There are a lot worse things going on than some fools throwing eggs at a basketball player's house and car.

Wow. Ok, so someone threw eggs at Mike's house and car. Big deal. Poor guy who makes millions now has to pay someone to come clean it. I mean yeah, it sucks, but it's not life threatening or life changing or anything. It's eggs people. Eggs! It will get cleaned and all will be well. Someone better get a mug shot out there quick. We are dealing with a master criminal here. :p

And by the by...not all Piston fans are evil. I am a Piston fan and I have never thrown anything at anyone, got into a fight, threw a chair or beer or eggs at anyone. So some of us are just fans of the team and the game. Now, ALL Laker fans are evil.:p

I've changed my mind. It wasn't Phil after all. It was probably some High School girls that have a crush on Bibby's next door neighbor, and they egged the wrong house! :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacKingsFX said:
"did you want us to come over and shoot them?"
Did you hear the one where the woman called 9-1-1 because a fast food restaurant had gotten her order wrong and she wanted the cops to come make them fix it? She was parked in the drive-thru and wasn't going to move until the police showed up.

:D

I doubt it was a fan, for the most part, that's just not our style, probably just some stupid kids who wanted to have something to brag about in school.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
My theory is that R.E. Graswich did it himself, so he'd have something about the Kings to put in his "column."

:rolleyes:

I'm in complete disgust. When I heard the news this morning I really was shocked at how low someone could have gone. But I mean why Bibby? Mike has been good and true for the Kings, I really don't understand what reason the *insert your own foul word* had for such a stupid prank. I hope bibby understands that this comes from like 0.00001% of the fans, while the rest of us love him to death :)

VF21 said:
Did you hear the one where the woman called 9-1-1 because a fast food restaurant had gotten her order wrong and she wanted the cops to come make them fix it? She was parked in the drive-thru and wasn't going to move until the police showed up.

:D
hah, unfortunately i haven't

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Kings-Lakers-Fan said:
I'm in complete disgust. When I heard the news this morning I really was shocked at how low someone could have gone. But I mean why Bibby? Mike has been good and true for the Kings, I really don't understand what reason the *insert your own foul word* had for such a stupid prank. I hope bibby understands that this comes from like 0.00001% of the fans, while the rest of us love him to death :)
OMG. Complete disgust? Really shocked?

Dude, it was eggs... stupid eggs.

Bibby already made it clear it didn't really effect him:

He [Bibby] didn't bother calling the cops to report the vandalism. "He figures it goes with the territory," Kristy said.
I'm sure Mike has already forgotten all about it and I'm absolutely positive he isn't reading too much into it.