Bye Bye Smart (merged)

goodbye, keith smart. i'm certainly not upset to see you go, but i wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors around the nba...

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
goodbye, keith smart. i'm certainly not upset to see you go, but i wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors around the nba...
Agreed. Seemed like a nice enough guy, but more suited to an assistant role than head coach material.

It's bush league to bash a coach on the way out. He's gone, no reason to kick them when they are down. Wish them well and move on. He's a nice person from what I have heard so there's no reason to say rude things about him.

It's bush league to bash a coach on the way out. He's gone, no reason to kick them when they are down. Wish them well and move on. He's a nice person from what I have heard so there's no reason to say rude things about him.
i agree, he was a nice guy and had some funny moments on the bench where you could tell he had a good sense of humor...

and this is just GOLDEN......

Keith Smart ‏@CoachKeithSmart
This is for you Kings Fans. Thanks for the support http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtAOuBjysc

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'll remember that the next time you bash a player. I'll remind you that they're actually a nice person.

See, a logical person would realize not thanking Keith for being a terrible head coach is in no way attacking him as a person, nor are they even related. Just as when we criticize a player who doesn't cut it, it has nothing to do with how nice a person they actually are. Comments on his coaching are performance related.

However, those who think with emotion will tie the two together, performance and whether he's a nice person or not, and take a comment on one topic and needlessly connect it to another.

I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong when you point out who said Smart was a bad person or wasn't a nice guy. Actually, I think he's too nice a guy and it hurt his coaching. I'm not even sure anything here qualifies as bashing, almost certainly not considering what is said about our players.

And Smart isn't being kicked when down. He'll get 2M+ next year for doing nothing.

BTW, Westphal is also a nice guy, but terrible coach, and he wasn't worth thanking either. Nor Natt. All nice guys though.

Last edited: