Burly Ball -- Sonics Style

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Remarkable stat from the debacle last night:

Reggie Evans and Danny Fortson combined for:

41min 18pts (4-11FG, 0-03pt 10-14FT) 25rebs 0ast 0stl 0blk 3TO 10fls

Burly Ball.

Gotta love players with no skills that hustle and pull down boards. Kings would love either of those guys coming off the bench. Heck, so would my Lakers.

Sonics vs. Nuggets: same two players go for 47 minutes, 12 pts, 22 rebs, 5 TO and 9 fouls

Sonics vs. Spurs: 45 minutes, 25 pts, 15 rebs (almost half of the team's 36 for the game), 1 TO and 7 fouls

I think if these two guys consistently give this type of effort for the Sonics this year, their rebounding woes may be over...

KA_2 said:
Gotta love players with no skills that hustle and pull down boards. Kings would love either of those guys coming off the bench. Heck, so would my Lakers.
I'd take Reggie Evans over Darius Songaila any day...at least Reggie has athleticism.

4cwebb said:
I'd take Reggie Evans over Darius Songaila any day...at least Reggie has athleticism.
Yeah, so would I.

Is it just me, or would anyone else here pay to see Fortson and Malone duke it out? That would be tons of fun.

For the local yokes..... I bet Stanley from Roseville is loving last nights game. Hes a huge Danny Fortson fan...........

Too bad Adelman and Petrie dont believe in Burly guys......

Thats a good night for Ostertag aint it?
I tell ya what that Ostertag is gonna be a star ........................
But really folks I figured Kings would beat the snot out of Seattle,good thing for Kings and Lakers its an 82 game season cause Lakers stunk it up last night also.What happen to Webber,can you say inconsistent?Parody is a son of a gun Kings beat Toronto then Toronto goes and whoops up on the Jazz, Kerrs number 1 team wierd stuff.

o
slugking50 said:
For the local yokes..... I bet Stanley from Roseville is loving last nights game. Hes a huge Danny Fortson fan...........
haha, and he's sure to call in several times over the next few weeks to get the message out about Fortson. It almost makes me want to listen to Grant's show today. Stanley is going to be pretty hyped up and he loves to scream at Grant (who's probably a little down after last night's performance and all the travel).

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fortson is a thug.

If he doesn't get some kind of fine for that blatant elbow to Miller's face, I will be very disappointed.

If the officials don't start reigning in on those things, there are gonna to be some players seriously hurt. It's not a matter of "if" anymore - it's a matter of "who" and "when."

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I thought that was a fair comment by Tolbert last night; I do think that Webber did a very good job of adjusting his game in the second half, and actively looking for his teammates, Stojakovic in particular, but I'm mildly annoyed by the fact that he had to miss eleven shots before he figured out that it wasn't going to be his night...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
I thought that was a fair comment by Tolbert last night; I do think that Webber did a very good job of adjusting his game in the second half, and actively looking for his teammates, Stojakovic in particular, but I'm mildly annoyed by the fact that he had to miss eleven shots before he figured out that it wasn't going to be his night...
In all fairness, while he did miss those shots, there were several times when he took a shot because no one else was doing a thing to get open. I swear, at times I actually thought I was looking at a game of Army Men. (You know, the game you used to play with friends using the green plastic army guys?) Some of our players looked, at times, like they had been turned to stone by ... I'm assuming here ... the Medusa hairstyle of Danny Fortson.

...Okay, off-topic rant...

What in the bleep has gotten into the minds of people like Sprewell, Hudson and Fortson? Do they really think the Pippy Longstocking look is the way of the future for macho black males???

...returning to topic...

Granted, Webber couldn't hit the water falling out of a boat last night (analogy blatantly stolen from someone here on the board) but it wasn't pure selfishness on his part. He did take some/many ill-advised shots, but he also took some shots where he had good looks and he also took some where he pretty much had a choice of taking the shot or just handing the ball to one of the Sonics and saving everyone some time.

Just my three cents...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Viking said:
We made Fortson look like Shaq last night. Danny Fortson. :(
I disagree.

Shaquille O'Neal would never:

1) Grow his hair long.
2) Wear his hair in a Pippy Longstocking.

;)